What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA fiction? Futuristic ongoing war that turns out to be fake

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Xiaomi (new)

Xiaomi Z. | 1 comments I remember this book like a dream. I read this many years ago so I'm assuming it was some type of young adult fiction?

The main character is a pilot that remotely controls planes from a room and routinely bombs countries (?)

He then later finds out that the ongoing war that has been happening for decades was completely fabricated

That's all I have, I'm sorry! I don't remember that many details but if the book comes up I can definitely pick it out!

message 2: by SBC (new)

SBC (essbeecee) | 875 comments This is a long shot as I only vaguely remember it, but could it be Terry Pratchett's Only You Can Save Mankind?

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Xiaomi ~~

Was SBC's suggestion your book?

Please let us know yea or nay. Yea -- we mark your thread as solved. Nay -- we keep looking.

You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 49 where fewer eyes will see it.
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!

message 4: by Andy Phillips (new)

Andy Phillips | 187 comments This sounds a lot like The Always War.

message 5: by Ebookworm2016 (new)

Ebookworm2016 | 180 comments Enders Game by Orson Scott Card?

message 6: by Keith (new)

Keith | 221 comments Ebookworm2016 wrote: "Enders Game by Orson Scott Card?"

Ender's game is (view spoiler).

message 7: by Annie (new)

Annie | 4 comments Possibly Armada I seem to remember the war that was going on was a kind of test and not real?