AMERICAN HISTORICAL NOVELS discussion

Welcome Ashley Sweeney!

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca, Champagne Widows, 2021 (new)

Rebecca Rosenberg (rebeccarosenberg) | 270 comments Mod
Looking forward to seeing you Ashley!

message 2: by Dyana (new)

Dyana | 189 comments Hi Ashley!

message 3: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (grannylovestoread) | 132 comments Hi🎅🎄

message 4: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 53 comments Hello to all, and wishing you a happy and healthy holiday season!

And thank you to American Historical Novels for welcoming me again this week. My debut novel, Eliza Waite, is the 2017 Nancy Pearl Book Award winner. If you haven't had a chance to read it yet, here's your chance.

It's Christmas 1899 and Eliza Waite has finally found happiness...what better time of year to have happy news descend upon her heart and her life. To celebrate, she bakes her famous Pecan Tarts and brings them to a holiday party in Skagway, Alaska, but not without snitching a piece for herself! Since the novel's publication, I've made the Pecan Tarts every Christmas as a tribute to Eliza. And boy, oh, boy, are they yummy!

In the spirit of Christmas, I'm offering two signed copies of Eliza Waite. To enter, briefly tell me a holiday tradition of yours. If it includes food, all the better! Drawing will be on Friday.

Good luck!

message 5: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 53 comments Dyana wrote: "Hi Ashley!"

Hello again Dyana! Wishing you a happy holiday season!

message 6: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 53 comments Rhonda wrote: "Hi🎅🎄"

Hello Rhonda. Thanks for the cheery wave. Hope you are able to enjoy this holiday season with loved ones.

message 7: by Chelsie (new)

Chelsie (chelzlou) | 83 comments That book is on my TBR! A tradition we have is opening a few small gifts Christmas Eve right before bed. Then we make a big family breakfast the next morning and open gifts after. Thank you for the opportunity to win!

message 8: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 78 comments Hi! We traditionally open one gift each on Christmas Eve. Then we open the rest on Christmas morning, each taking a turn. We spend time enjoying each gift as it is revealed- no hurry, all appreciation.

message 9: by Jenni (new)

Jenni | 9 comments On Christmas Eve after service we always watch It’s A Wonderful Life”.

message 10: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 53 comments That was our family's tradition, too, Chelsie and Debbie. On Christmas Eve, we always got a new nightgown or pajamas. In Iceland, everyone gets a book on Christmas Eve -- don't you love that tradition?

message 11: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 53 comments That never gets old, Jenni! I love that movie.

message 12: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 53 comments I'll be live here on Goodreads tomorrow on and off all day. Also, if you answer the question on American Historical Novel's Facebook page, you have two chances to win a copy of Eliza Waite!

message 13: by Dyana (new)

Dyana | 189 comments I love to have eggnog and rum with a sprinkle of cinnamon. Think I'll go get some now!!!

message 14: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 78 comments Ashley, yes, I love Iceland’s Christmas Eve tradition!!

message 15: by Ashley (last edited Dec 21, 2018 09:46AM) (new)

Ashley | 53 comments Thanks for your comments this week. If you haven't had a chance to read Eliza Waite yet, you can find it at bookstores, online, and at local libraries. And remember to write a review!
And...drumroll...the winner of a signed copy of Eliza Waite is Chelsie! Congrats to you! Please send me your mailing address and I'll get a copy of Eliza Waite out to you soon.
Happy Holidays to all :)

message 16: by Chelsie (new)

Chelsie (chelzlou) | 83 comments Thank you so much Ashley! I have sent you a pm on here! :)