Play Book Tag discussion

Footnotes 2017-2018 > My Top Ten of 2018

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kimberly (last edited Dec 17, 2018 06:33PM) (new)

Kimberly Ann (auntie-nanuuq) | 753 comments 1. The Golem and the Jinni, Helene Wecker ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

2. The Japanese Lover, Isabel Allende ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

3. The Hawkline Monster: a Gothic Western, Richard Brautigan
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

4. Radio Girls, Sarah-Jane Stratford ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ♥

5. The Swans of Fifth Avenue, Melanie Benjamin ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

6. Murder on the Ile Sordou, M.L. Longworth ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
(and a few others by her)

7. Death Comes in Through the Kitchen, Teresa Dovalpage
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

8. Dumplin', Julie Murphy: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

9. Belle Epoque, Elizabeth Ross ★ ★ ★ ★ 1/2

10. Darkling Bride, Laura Anderson ★ ★ ★ ★ 1/2

11. Death of a Dishonorable Gentleman, Tessa Arlen
★ ★ ★ ★ 1/2

12. Sticky Fingers, Nancy Martin ★ ★ ★ ★ 1/2

Very Noteworthy: Lady of the Ashes Series Christine Trent

message 2: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8120 comments Kimberly wrote: "8. Belle Epoque, Elizabeth Ross..."

I'm so happy to see this one on your list! I'm not sure it will make mine (I will need to check back to see if I rated it 4 stars or higher. 4 stars is really good for me, but not likely to make my top 10!)

message 3: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Ann (auntie-nanuuq) | 753 comments LibraryCin wrote: "Kimberly wrote: "8. Belle Epoque, Elizabeth Ross..."

I'm so happy to see this one on your list! I'm not sure it will make mine (I will need to check back to see if I rated it 4 stars or higher. 4 ..."

I had to go through my LT list as they show me the ratings....

I think you read more than I do and you read more literary & non-fiction as well....

message 4: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8120 comments Kimberly wrote: "I think you read more than I do and you read more literary & non-fiction as well......."

I read a really wide range of things, yes. The literary stuff I read, I suppose it's like the classics I read - hit or miss! :-)

message 5: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 5499 comments Kimberly wrote: "1. The Golem and the Jinni, Helene Wecker ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

4. Ra..."

You should post those here as well :
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

We all are doing it and you can see everyone else's top 10.

message 6: by annapi (new)

annapi | 4909 comments Glad to see The Golem and the Jinni on your list with 5 stars! I loved that one too, also gave it 5 stars.

message 7: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8282 comments I have read four of these, and another two are on my TBR. I’m really looking forward to the darkling bride, which is a strange thing for someone like me to say because it’s out of genre. But I like her, Laura Anderson, and it sounds really good! Glad to see you gave it for a half stars.

message 8: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Ann (auntie-nanuuq) | 753 comments Booknblues wrote: "Kimberly wrote: "1. The Golem and the Jinni, Helene Wecker ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

..."

Thanks, I couldn't find the original place! It is there now.

message 9: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Ann (auntie-nanuuq) | 753 comments annapi wrote: "Glad to see The Golem and the Jinni on your list with 5 stars! I loved that one too, also gave it 5 stars."

It took me a long time to read it. I remember on Shelfari, this group loved it. I picked it up & then I put it down..

Now I have kept the copy on my home shelf.

message 10: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Ann (auntie-nanuuq) | 753 comments Amy wrote: "I have read four of these, and another two are on my TBR. I’m really looking forward to the darkling bride, which is a strange thing for someone like me to say because it’s out of genre. But I like..."

It was interesting