✎ 1x1 ✐ discussion

1x1 > Ana & LC

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Anna {Follow me for reviews! (✿◡_◡)} Yeah, that's good with me. Then you can meet my mad scientist and I can meet your alien through this as we go along.
Name, age, and appearance sounds good to me. Perhaps likes and dislikes, though that may make things, like you said, a little less mysterious.

message 3: by Anna {Follow me for reviews! (✿◡_◡)} (last edited Dec 17, 2018 08:12PM) (new)

Anna {Follow me for reviews! (✿◡_◡)} Name: Norville Morrison
Appearance: https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=ht...
Creepy version of him lol

What do you think? I had to choose a name rather quickly or I'd be looking all night

Anna {Follow me for reviews! (✿◡_◡)} ((Is Natira a girl? let's just keep this simple. And don't worry, I am going to be appropriate with everything, though maybe a bit creepy if that's alright with you?))

Anna {Follow me for reviews! (✿◡_◡)} Okay can you start? I will have to respond tomorrow though, sorry!

message 6: by Anna {Follow me for reviews! (✿◡_◡)} (last edited Dec 18, 2018 06:22PM) (new)

Anna {Follow me for reviews! (✿◡_◡)} Its fine! Take your time. I think it would work better with my scientist dude capturing your character. I don't mind waiting.

Anna {Follow me for reviews! (✿◡_◡)} At least a little detailed. Im not too picky but maybe more than just a sentence. Perhaps though can you let me know a few characteristics of her? Like if there is anything she can do that's not normal for humans, anyway. Then I'll capture her after with my character.

Anna {Follow me for reviews! (✿◡_◡)} Okay, and will she be able to understand the humans language?

Anna {Follow me for reviews! (✿◡_◡)} And does she have to be touching a human to mind read it or can she just mind read through the air?

Anna {Follow me for reviews! (✿◡_◡)} Okay. Can you go first? I was hoping to use a helicopter but it depends on where she is. XD
Dr. Morrison has a lot of high tech things.

Anna {Follow me for reviews! (✿◡_◡)} ((I'll try with the high tech things, XD))

Dr. Morrison was impatient with himself. He needed more to study. He knew it was just because he was a scientist, and all scientists wanted something interesting to use and experiment with, but Dr. Morrison was unlike the average scientist. He knew with a certainty that if he found something to study, he would, without hesitation, and quite often, without mercy. He would do anything it took for him to become a more powerful man.

"Sir!" A short man ran into Dr. Morrison's high tech office, waving his hands.
"What is it, Newlin?" Dr. Morrison leaned back in his chair, facing the man.
"We've just discovered an unusual sighting, sir!" Newlin exclaimed, his eyes still wide.
"Spit it out, will you?" Dr. Morrison shook his head in disgust. Newlin looked surprised, but calmed down. "Sir, we-"
"Dr. Morrison." The scientist corrected.
"Dr. Morrison, we have gotten information of an unusual object on the radar. Very unlike anything we've ever seen before." Newlin's shoulders fell, and his breathing slowed to normal.
"I see." Dr. Morrison turned to face one of his fancy computer monitors. The large glass front showed the green words of incomprehendible information. "Where is it? I want to go there."
"It isn't far. We could get you there in about an hour. It's near Las Vegas. Should I get a helicopter ready for you?"
Dr. Morrison's fingers tapped the table rapidly. "Yes, yes." he muttered. "Be quick about it."
Newlin nodded, and disappeared out of the office. Dr. Morrison stood up, stretched, and went to grab his bag of different tools that he assumed he would end up needing. This new discovery excited him, and he almost felt like a little boy again. He grinned and soon headed to one of the helicopters.

message 12: by Anna {Follow me for reviews! (✿◡_◡)} (last edited Dec 19, 2018 04:09PM) (new)

Anna {Follow me for reviews! (✿◡_◡)} Dr. Morrison boarded his helicopter, carrying on his assortment of things; a dart gun, several large bags, straps for tying down anything he found, among others. He took a seat, happy to see that the pilot was smart enough to be on time.
Two other men followed Dr. Morrison on the helicopter; Keilan and Mainard. They were still quite young, but useful and loyal to Dr. Morrison. He had plans for them to become great men in his works after they had enough training.
"All right. Get this thing going quickly now, we don't have all afternoon!" Dr. Morrison demanded. He looked at his trainees and gave them a confident smile. "Well, boys, ready for your first mission on the job?"
Keilan nodded instantly. "Yes, sir."
Mainard was a bit more hesitant, but then he slowly nodded. "What are we going to find out there?"
Dr. Morrison leaned back in his seat. "Ahh...The life of a scientist is so wonderful and full of surprises. No, I don't have any clue what we're going to find, but I bet you it will be good."

After about an hour, the helicopter slowed to a hover overhead. "Sir!" announced the pilot. "We have arrived. Waiting orders."
"Just wait like this, please," Dr. Morrison grabbed his dart gun and went to the window, opening it and peering out through the sight on the gun. It was quite a strange looking contraption, he noted, sort of like a ship. He saw something move below him and focused on it with his gun. "Something is definitely there," he murmured. "And it's not a human."
The teens gathered close and looked at the creature below them. They heard a noise, and Dr. Morrison shot the dart at his target with perfect aim. The dart hit the target.

((Keilan: https://i.pinimg.com/564x/02/b0/b1/02...
Mainard: https://i.pinimg.com/564x/04/bf/b4/04... ))

Anna {Follow me for reviews! (✿◡_◡)} "Quick! Bring us lower!" shouted Dr. Morrison. He gripped the gun tightly and an excited look was on his face.

The helicopter swooped down and landed. Dr. Morrison grabbed his bag and thrust it at Keilan. "Keilan, come with me. Mainard, stay here and wait." Before the blades had stopped spinning completely, Dr. Morrison was out, planting his feet firmly to avoid being blown over. They only had minutes before the short injection would wear off, and he didn't want to let this get away.

He and Keilan ran over to it and kneeled down. Dr. Morrison was distracted at first to notice how beautiful this strange creature was, pulling out a long cord that connected to a liquid filled sack. He took a sharp needle out of the bag and attached it to the end of the tube before slipping it into the creature's arm and securing it with some medical tape.
"This is to keep her asleep until we get back to the laboratory." Dr. Morrison explained, Keilan looking at her intently.
"It-she...I've never seen anything like it before." He breathed, shaking his head in amazement.
"Me neither." Dr. Morrison said. He pulled out the straps and fastened them around the wrists and ankles of the creature, then motioned to Keilan. "Get that bag and help me bring her back."
Keilan obeyed, and the two of them gently carried the creature to the waiting helicopter.
"Doctor?" Mainard asked, curious. Dr. Morrison and Keilan laid the creature down on the narrow space in front of the seats. "We'll talk more when we get back."
"What if there are more like this?" Keilan asked, but the scientist shook his head. "I only need her. At least it looks feminine, anyway."

The flight back was uneventful, the creature staying asleep the entire time. The teens brought her into the scientist's large warehouse-like laboratory. Equipment was everywhere, ranging from complicated computer screens to MRI machines he barely used to walls of intricately designed objects for research.

The teens, directed by Dr. Morrison, brought the creature towards the far end of the laboratory where a 15 foot square observation box stood. It was in the middle of the room, so whatever was inside could be viewed from all sides. There was a door on the side that only opened from the outside, and the glass walls were made out of a very strong material that couldn't be destroyed by a bomb. This was happily discovered by Dr. Morrison when he was still testing it.

"Here we go," Dr. Morrison opened the door and the teens carried her inside. He went in after them, kneeling once more beside the still form. "Very interesting." He murmured, studying her for a few minutes. Then the scientist removed the I.V. It would take a few minutes, or more, before the creature woke up. He stared at her one more time, then turned to leave, shutting the door securely and locking it.

Anna {Follow me for reviews! (✿◡_◡)} ((Sorry it's kind of long))

Anna {Follow me for reviews! (✿◡_◡)} Dr. Morrison had gone back to his office while he waited for the creature to revive. It excited him. A new discovery just waiting to be revealed.

It was hard for him to concentrate on doing anything else, so he glanced at the screen that held the different security camera footages. He zoomed in on the one inside of the observation box, and realized that the creature was finally waking up. A delighted grin crossed his face, and he stood up. He ran to the office door and shouted down the hallway, "Newlin!"
The little short man hurried out of another room and came to stand in front of the scientist. "Yes, Doctor?"
"Get one of the guards to meet me at the first laboratory in the back. Make sure he has a dart gun in case things go wrong." He gave Newlin a look that told the man not to question anything. Newlin nodded, and hurried away to a different room.

Dr. Morrison strode to his laboratory, taking big long strides that only someone as tall as he could maintain. He was wearing his long lab coat as he usually did, since he was awaiting something to happen anyway. He entered the laboratory, grabbed a pen and clipboard at the front, and slipped on a pair of blue gloves. Then he went to the back where the creature was waiting for him.

Dr. Morrison saw that the guard had showed up on time and was patiently waiting for him. "Come on, then." Dr. Morrison said, taking the lead to the box with the guard at his side.

The creature was awake, staring around the room. No doubt it was confused and perhaps a little scared. Dr. Morrison understood this, and he felt a little bad. He shook it off, replacing the feeling with excitement. No discoveries could be made if he let the creature go, so it was important that it stayed here.

Dr. Morrison walked up to the glass and watched the creature a moment. He could talk to it if he wanted, since there were small air holes at the top that let in sound as well, but he didn't know if it spoke any sort of language, much less English. It was something he would have to find out. After looking at it a moment longer, he opened the door and walked inside with it, guard behind him with dart gun ready.
"Now, I don't know if you speak any language at all, but if you can understand me, then listen closely." Dr. Morrison sounded excited, though with a edge of command to his voice. "I need to keep you here for my own reasons, as you will eventually find out, but I will not hurt you if you obey me." He looked down at the creature, his eyes in a question. "My guard here will dart you again if you do not cooperate with me or if you try to hurt me. Understood?"
I sure hope this thing knows what I'm talking about, otherwise I may have to resort to other things in the future. I don't really want to, as it wouldn't be fair to this creature, but science is science, isn't it? I probably sound like an idiot talking to a creature no one's ever seen before. What if it doesn't understand me at all?

Anna {Follow me for reviews! (✿◡_◡)} Dr. Morrison smiled at the creature when she spoke. "Ah, good. I am interested in you." He shrugged, as if keeping a creature such as this in a clear box was the most natural thing to do. But he was glad it could speak, even if a bit difficult to understand.
"Now, first things first. I guess it's not very kind of me to leave you all tied up like this, so if you calmly let me untie you, you'll be okay. Sound fair?" He nodded to the guard, who fished out a large pair of scissors from a pocket. "This won't hurt. I promise. Just don't hurt me or try to escape." Dr. Morrison leaned over and slid the blades under the straps around her wrists, snipping them and doing the same to her ankles. Dr. Morrison gave the guard the scissors back, who hid them in a pocket once more.
Dr. Morrison leaned back onto his heels from his crouching position and said, "I am Dr. Morrison. What may I call you?"
Very, very intriguing. I am very pleased that she can speak English! I hope it's a she, anyway. As for what I am planning on doing to you, I still have to figure that out. You certainly don't get to leave, of course. And you sound very curious. Interesting. I will have to do more studies on that later, as well.

Anna {Follow me for reviews! (✿◡_◡)} "Natira Comoski!" Dr. Morrison raised his eyebrows, nodding. "Well, that's good to know that you can speak English. It will be easier on my part." He smiled at Natira. "Now, I don't know anything about you at all, and first of all, that's the main thing I need to worry about. So. Where did you come from and how did you get here?"

The guard leaned towards Dr. Morrison. "We've got the UFO under control. It's on its way to the lab already." His voice was low and a bit gruff when he spoke. He glanced at Natira, wondering what she exactly was.

Dr. Morrison nodded again. "Yes, thank you. I've got a big job ahead of me, then." He turned back to Natira, waiting for her to answer his question.
Seriously, Natira is an interesting subject. Maybe I'll do some tests on her later to figure out how her brain works compared to ours and do a few scans. I can't believe this-I'm probably the first scientist who ever really discovered a real alien! I can't believe it! This is more than amazing; people won't just think I'm some crazy old scientist, they'll respect me!
Of course, Dr. Morrison had no idea that Natira could read his mind so easily.

Anna {Follow me for reviews! (✿◡_◡)} Dr. Morrison listened to her answers, then frowned. "I didn't say anything about running tests or other humans finding creatures like you." He said. He was a bit confused, wondering. He wrote something down on his clipboard and stood up.
This is strange. How on earth..? How does Natira know what... This is serious business. And all right, I admit, I'm not the first man to find an alien, but it's very rare. I need to start my work immediately. This is more than just a discovery.
Dr. Morrison went out of the box, shutting and locking it behind him. "Goodbye, Natira. I'll come back later. No tricks, mind you." His voice was flat, without emotion.

Dr. Morrison felt bothered. Somehow this creature had been able to hear his thoughts. He was farther away from Natira now, he standing by a large machine with some blinking lights and several wires. Soon, he told himself.
Dr. Morrison hurried back to his lab. Newlin found him after a bit.
"Doctor, how did it go?"
"It was fine." Dr. Morrison responded harshly. "Leave me be, you insolent man."
Newlin's eyes widened and he stuttered, "S-sir...I...what?"
"Leave me be!" Dr. Morrison exclaimed, louder this time and with more force. "I am busy! Can't you see?"
Newlin realized it was best not to argue with the man. "Uhh, yes! Absolutely, sir!"
Dr. Morrison hurried on to his office, taking long angry strides. He slammed the door and sat down in his chair, pulling up a new document on his fancy computer to start entering information.

Mainard waited until he saw Dr. Morrison and the guard leave the laboratory where the creature was being held, then, when the scientist was far enough down the hallway, Mainard left his hiding place and hurried to the door and slipped inside.

Mainard had never been in this laboratory before without Dr. Morrison, so he was a bit nervous. But, at the same time, he was curious about the creature. He wondered what the scientist was planning on doing to her. He knew that Dr. Morrison had performed slightly grisly things in the past, but even he, Mainard, hadn't been here for long.

He saw the creature in its cage, and hurried over to the side of it. Mainard's eyes widened when he saw it.
"Hello," he whispered.
Woah! This is cool! Would Dr. Morrison really keep this in a cage like this? It seems kind of sad, and unfair.

Anna {Follow me for reviews! (✿◡_◡)} Dr. Morrison was in a very bad mood. It only happened sometimes, but when he got this way, the people around him had to watch out. Unlike most doctors, Dr. Morrison had his own ways to do tests on subjects. When he did certain tests, it was to relax his mind. Yes, this man was crazy.
Dr. Morrison yanked out a sheet of paper from his drawer and decided to do things the old-fashioned way for now. He was going to write down the different things he wanted to do with Natira.

1. Scan her brain and figure out how it worked
2. Take several blood samples and do tests on them to figure out how similar it was to a human's.

His pen tapped on the table as he concentrated.

3. Do a full ARS test.

ARS was Dr. Morrison's own word that stood for Action Response Stimulation. It sounded more complicated than it was, but he basically hooked up his subject to a large machine for a few days to an entire week, and it read the different responses given when certain functions on the machine were used. Dr. Morrison had done it before, and according to his last subject, who actually happened to be Newlin, it was a rather painful process. Unfortunately for the subjects, the pain idea didn't bother the scientist.

Mainard stared at the creature in wonder. "N-no...I'm not a doctor." He shook his red haired head. "But...Dr. Morrison kind of...wants to train me to become a scientist like he is. Me and Keilan, anyway."
Thing is, do I want to be a scientist? The kind of scientist Dr. Morrison is, anyway?
"What's your name?" He asked. "Dr. Morrison and Keilan call me Mainard, but that's actually my last name. My first name is Joshua."
Mainard blushed slightly. "I...I'm not really supposed to be here, though."
Doctor might punish me!

Anna {Follow me for reviews! (✿◡_◡)} Mainard glanced around behind him to make sure that Dr. Morrison hadn't come in and was listening secretly to their conversation. He turned back to Natira.
"W-well..." He began slowly, How do I put this exactly? "It's a bit hard to explain. Dr. Morrison is a...he's a scientist, so he likes discovering new things and trying things out. I...I don't know...what he's planning on doing with you." Mainard licked his lips and crouched down. "He doesn't always tell others that kind of thing. I'm...I'm just here to do what he wants." He blushed red with embarrassment.
Why am I so afraid to talk to Natira? Yes, she's an alien, but that doesn't mean that there's something wrong with her. It must just be me. Come on, dude, you're like how old? 25? And you can't even talk to a girl yet?
Mainard shook away his thoughts. "W-what do you mean, question my line of work?"

Anna {Follow me for reviews! (✿◡_◡)} Mainard frowned slightly. "I...I'm not afraid of you. I...just...whatever." He said in the end. "I don't have any clue what Dr. Morrison wants to do to you. I already told you, I don't." He shook his head and sighed heavily. Mainard glanced around a few more times. "I'm sorry, Natira. I really am. I guess it's not very fair at all to be trapped like that by someone you don't even know."
Sounds like someone is coming. I need to leave quick. Ugh. This is all so complicated! I'll see if I can find out what Dr. Morrison is planning on doing but it's not like I could guarantee anything, anyway
Mainard stood up, brushing his palms on his pants. "I need to go. Bye. I'll see you later." And with that, he quickly headed out of the laboratory.

A few minutes later, Keilan sauntered into the room, his hands in his pockets. He looked around, moving one of his hands to his chin thoughtfully, then opened a drawer and held something up. Keilan glanced over to the box and raised an eyebrow, clutching a vial in one hand and a needle connected to a tube on the other. He inspected them, then set them down and went back to the door, peering out.

Dr. Morrison came in swiftly, looking sort of annoyed at Keilan. "Did you even wash your hands before you touched it?" He demanded.
Keilan blushed. "Sir, I..."
"Did you wash your hands, I asked?" Dr. Morrison said harshly. "Do that immediately. Haven't I taught you anything?"
Keilan meekly obeyed the scientist, rushing to the sink near the door and washing his hands before slipping on a pair of gloves.
"Much better." Dr. Morrison nodded. "Now. Show me how it's done. I need to make sure you know how to do it correctly."
Keilan nodded, retrieving the objects and going over to the box. His dark frame seemed larger than it was, and he reached for the lock, undoing it and stepping inside close to the creature. Dr. Morrison was right behind him. Keilan didn't say anything; instead, he just leaned close to the creature and took her arm in his hand.
I'll show him, I'll show Dr. Morrison that I can do this. It's not that hard. I've done this several times before. What could be much different with this alien thing?

Anna {Follow me for reviews! (✿◡_◡)} Keilan released her arm, glaring at her slightly. "Doctor's orders. Stop yelling at me."
Dr. Morrison laid a hand on Keilan's shoulder. "Calm down, Keilan. Don't forget, Natira doesn't know what you are doing." He said. "Natira, we need a sample of your blood. You need to cooperate."
Keilan hooked the tube's free end to the vial and reached for Natira's arm again.
"It's not going to hurt." Dr. Morrison told Natira. "Just stay calm and let it get done. You'll be fine."
Keilan undid the top of the needle, revealing a sharp point. Then he prodded around on Natira's arm and slid it in.

((What color is Natira's blood?))

Anna {Follow me for reviews! (✿◡_◡)} ((Okay!))

Dr. Morrison was fascinated by the hue of the blood. He'd never come across something as phenomenal as this. Purple blood!
"Why not?" Keilan muttered, concentrating on his task at hand.
Why does she have to ask about literally everything? Why do you do this, why do you do that? Ugh!
"We're going to study it and compare it to ours." Dr. Morrison explained. "Since you don't want to explain anything to me I'll just have to figure it out on my own."
Might be a bit harsh, but what can I do about that? Ha. I'll be famous for this!

When Keilan pulled the needle back out of Natira's arm, he closed off the vial and held it up for Dr. Morrison. Natira's arm bled a little more of the purple blood, but he knew it would eventually stop and clot. The scientist took it, nodding. "All right. Thank you."
Keilan glanced at Natira, standing up and taking off his gloves. I wonder what she eats.

"Goodbye, Natira." Dr. Morrison said, waiting until Keilan came back out next to him to lock it. His gaze lingered, then he and Keilan strode away and out of the room.

Dr. Morrison went to one of his other laboratories and went inside. He was going to study this blood in the best way that he could.
First things first.
Dr. Morrison had designed a very intricate machine a year ago that he used to test these things easier. It was large, thin, and had a glass front that displayed information. He went up to it and entered a code, then opened a slot on the side and let a few drops of the blood fall into the slot. Dr. Morrison waited a few seconds as the information sorted itself out.

Mainard, or Joshua, as Natira had started calling him, was working in an isolated room that was dark, with only a few glowing blue lights around the perimeter. In the center of the room was a large capsule that could hold someone inside. There were tubes and wires all around it. Joshua had worked on this machine very often-it was the ARS testing machine-but something this time sort of made him nervous about what he was doing. He tried to shove away all doubts. This was supposed to be his job. He needed to be able to handle it.

Anna {Follow me for reviews! (✿◡_◡)} The information that showed up on the machine didn't surprise Dr. Morrison. The blood type, even though it was a different color, was close enough to his own. And a few of the elements the machine brought up were unknown to him, but it wouldn't be hard to deal with that.
Dr. Morrison stood up and went to the door.
"Newlin!" He yelled.
A minute later the short man rushed out of a room, breathing heavily from exertion. It seemed that he always knew when the scientist needed him.
"Yes, doctor?" He asked.
"Go get Mainard for me. Now. Don't be such a dimwit." The scientist glared. He wasn't in a good mood.
Newlin nodded, and disappeared.

Mainard was adding one of the last wires back into the ARS machine when Newlin burst in, panting.
"Scientist wants you."
Mainard followed Newlin back to the scientist, who was nearly fuming.
"Couldn't you have gone any faster?" Dr. Morrison exclaimed. "Newlin, you can leave now. Mainard, sit down here. I'm going to give you a blood transfusion." He put some gloves on and stuck a needle into Mainard's arm. The purple blood trickled down into his arm.
"What is that?" Mainard questioned.
"Blood from Natira. It seems fairly similar so I wanted to test with it." When it was done, Dr. Morrison said, "Tell me if you have any reactions. It will be important."

Anna {Follow me for reviews! (✿◡_◡)} Keilan heard someone calling out from the laboratory. He pushed through and saw the creature, Natira, they called her. He frowned and walked over to her, but still far enough away she couldn't read his mind.
((He doesn't know about that))
"What's wrong?" He asked in a flat voice. "You can't leave here, you realize that?"

Anna {Follow me for reviews! (✿◡_◡)} ((Sorry it's so small))

Anna {Follow me for reviews! (✿◡_◡)} Keilan studied Natira for a few seconds. "Does it really matter what's happening to your BLOOD? What, you want us to shove it back inside you?" He crossed his arms. "No, I don't think I'd like that, but I can't do anything about you. You're the scientist's now." He shrugged.

Anna {Follow me for reviews! (✿◡_◡)} Keilan sighed. "Okay, I'm sorry. I'm not trying to be rude." He threw up his hands in disgust. "I'll leave you alone, then." He turned and walked back out of the room, wondering about Natira.

Joshua rubbed his arm after Dr. Morrison took out the needle. "Sure." He said. "What are you planning on doing to Natira?" He asked.
Dr. Morrison looked at him for a few moments. "You know what would be really cool..."
Joshua watched him.
"...Is to try and replicate her." Dr. Morrison grinned evilly. "Can you imagine?! Having a whole bunch of her kind? Then it wouldn't even matter if her family came to get her or not, we'd have a whole bunch of them already!"
Joshua frowned. "You want to have a bunch of the same person?"
"No! Natira isn't a person." Dr. Morrison shook his head. "She's an alien. If I cloned her several times, and no one's ever done that to an alien before, then think of what the possibilities of our future would be like!"
Joshua was perplexed. "You want a bunch of aliens on earth? What if they took over?"
Dr. Morrison, still warming to his idea, laughed. "They wouldn't! I could program them all to be mind controlled! We could have an army of these aliens! We could fight wars without being killed off!"
"What about the aliens themselves, though?" Joshua asked.
"Oh, phooey!" Dr. Morrison glared. "They're aliens. Simple creatures!"
Joshua knew this was going to be bad. He himself did like science, but when it led to things such as what the crazy Dr. Morrison was talking about, it was bad. That was so messed up, to try and make an army out of mind controlled aliens?!
His stomach churned.

"All righty, then." Dr. Morrison stood up. "Don't you tell anyone about this. You and Keilan are going to help me with this project."
"Natira needs to eat something." Joshua said abruptly, trying to change the subject.
"Ahh!" the scientist nodded. "Yes. Go make her some of the Nutritious Diet Number 2." He kept the names simple, not needing to make it long and complicated for no reason.
Joshua nodded, and hurried away.

Joshua brought the food to Natira as soon as he was done with preparing it. He felt as though he had to tell her about the news, but why exactly, he wasn't sure. Joshua knew she was in danger, but...things were complicated. He couldn't just tell her right now. It wasn't a good idea.
"Hi, Natira." Joshua said hesitantly, opening the laboratory door and making his way to the back with a bowl of what looked like mashed potatoes and a slice of bread. The mashed potatoes weren't actually potatoes; instead, it was a mixture of a certain formula that was supposed to be healthy.
He walked over to the box, unsure of himself, then opened the door and went inside.
"Hi," Joshua said again. "I brought you this. It's food." He held the bowl out and frowned.
It's sort of mean that the scientist would do something like that...His thoughts swirled around. I mean, really? Make an army? Mind control? This is kind of crazy. And then what about me? I am going to die or something now? I've just been injected with alien blood and I don't know what's going to happen to me. The scientist said it was nearly the same chemical makeup as my blood....Oh man...

Anna {Follow me for reviews! (✿◡_◡)} Joshua jumped when she started yelling. He looked pretty frightened, and set down the bowl quickly, running to the door in the box and shutting it.
It's not like I can control what the scientist does to me! Great, now I might just die! And will Natira try to kill me next time? She freaked out and I was alone!
Joshua watched Natira anxiously through the clear walls. His mouth hung open slightly as he breathed hard.
I don't know what's going to happen! I...I can't let Dr. Morrison know about this outbreak or else...
It took a few minutes, then Joshua frowned, confused.
I didn't say anything about the blood being injected into me. How did...How did she know that? Actually, this has been the second time!
Joshua gaped at her.
Maybe I'm going crazy, but did she just read my mind...? I must be going crazy!

Anna {Follow me for reviews! (✿◡_◡)} ((If there are any things that could happen to Joshua, then can I know? Then I can add them to him over time or whatever))

Anna {Follow me for reviews! (✿◡_◡)} ((Okay, maybe he could just get really sick for awhile and eventually be fine. Different types of blood can make someone else really sick apparently.))

Anna {Follow me for reviews! (✿◡_◡)} ((What do you think?))

Anna {Follow me for reviews! (✿◡_◡)} Joshua gulped, staring at Natira.
"I-I'm sorry," he groaned, still shaken, "but I can't really control Dr. Morrison. He's like my...boss." He let his gaze drop. "I have to listen to him. I don't know if anything will go wrong with me now...But..." He trailed off, leaving his sentence hanging.
She's right, though. I could get sick. It could be a bad thing. But Dr. Morrison didn't seem to hesitate about it, and he does care about me. He does, doesn't he? Why do I seem to be doubting everything since we found Natira?
"It wasn't meant to be a bad thing. Doctors draw blood from people like that all the time to study it. For us...it's not really a big deal, I guess."

Anna {Follow me for reviews! (✿◡_◡)} Joshua shrugged, and walked away. He felt like going and distracting himself in the outer world for a bit.
He was allowed to do that sometimes, go out and have a bit of fun here and there. Maybe right now he was just stressed about this whole new situation. But first, he had to go and let Dr. Morrison know.
Joshua went to the scientist's office and knocked on the door three times.
"Who is it?" asked Dr. Morrison inside.
"Mainard," said Joshua, using his last name since that was how the scientist referred to him as.
"Come in."
Joshua opened the door and stepped inside. Dr. Morrison was busy typing away on his complicated computer, and when he turned around, a computer generated version of the ARS machine popped up on the front.
"You really going to use that with Natira?" Joshua asked.
Dr. Morrison looked surprised. "Why, yes, of course! Why wouldn't I? She's my subject; I am the scientist here."
Joshua shrugged. He wasn't sure he agreed with that, but it was the scientist's opinion.
"So, is Natira eating the food?" Dr. Morrison asked. "And what do you need from me?"
"Yeah, I think she was eating it. And...I wanted to know if I could go out and do something fun for a bit. Take a leave."
Dr. Morrison studied him a moment. "Why not. Go ask Keilan if he's interested as well. Both of you should go do something and take a break." He nodded, agreeing with the idea. "If I end up needing any help I've got Newlin among others. And lots of guards."
Joshua knew that the scientist had lots of guards; he did so that they could protect the facilities from disturbance. And Dr. Morrison also trusted Joshua and Keilan enough so that they could go do things if they wanted.

Later on, Joshua and Keilan were both at a bowling alley. The young men liked doing it, even if some others thought it was boring or for "old people."

Meanwhile, Dr. Morrison was thinking about what he should do with Natira. Stupid. He should have put cameras in there so he could watch her whenever he felt like it. But he hadn't, so the only way to see what she was doing, or how she was doing, was if he visited her.
Perhaps he should.
On his way, he checked the ARS machine to make sure Mainard had listened to him, and, satisfied, went to the laboratory. This time he had brought a small dart gun that could go on his belt. He didn't always want guards trailing around behind him.
"Hello, Natira!" Dr. Morrison announced cheerfully, striding into the room and going up to the box. "And how are you?"
Maybe I should do a brain scan first, though, before the ARS.

Anna {Follow me for reviews! (✿◡_◡)} ((Woah long again!))

Anna {Follow me for reviews! (✿◡_◡)} Dr. Morrison gave a "could care less" shrug and smiled. "Not much. I mean, it is an interesting color, but most of the properties are the same. Since you've finished eating your food, I was going to wait a bit until I start my first test. Just something simple, mind you. It won't hurt."
The brain scan would be so easy, and would only take an hour. I mean, it doesn't hurt for humans, so if she's human enough, then it shouldn't hurt, anyway.

Anna {Follow me for reviews! (✿◡_◡)} ((I can't always do longer posts, though, but I know what you mean! XD))

Anna {Follow me for reviews! (✿◡_◡)} Dr. Morrison chuckled. "I am not being cold, Natira, I am being a scientist. I can take someone's blood if I need to, that is how we do things. And I can scan your mind without your approval. Now calm down, will you? It's not very nice of you to yell and act childish." Dr. Morrison spoke slowly as if he was talking to a child, enunciating certain words to try and get his message across. He leaned forward. "Now, we can do this the easy way or the hard way. Which do you prefer? I need to bring you to a different room and it would be much easier if you obeyed me. Otherwise I'll have to resort to certain things." He patted his gun underneath his lab coat.

Anna {Follow me for reviews! (✿◡_◡)} "Come on, then. Get up." Dr. Morrison ordered, waiting for her to rise and ignoring her last comment. He went over to the door and opened it up, letting Natira out. "Walk beside me, if you will. Now listen, I know I seem bad, but really, it's just that I like doing experiments."
They make me feel happy. I get that exciting thrill from them.

They walked out of the laboratory and down a few brightly lit hallways before entering a dark room. Anyone else could have easily gotten lost in the random corridors, but Dr. Morrison had gone through them hundreds of times.

In the dark room, the only thing that you could see was a large glowing machine standing in the center of the floor. Blue lights flickered around it as if it was alive.
"Here we are," Dr. Morrison said in a low voice. Even he felt the eerie sensation of being alone in the dark space, but he was not afraid. He turned on a small blue light that hung over the contraption, lighting up the room enough for them to walk over to it.
"You must climb on this ledge here," the scientist pointed. "Quick now, I don't have all day to dilly dally."

Meanwhile, at the bowling alley, Keilan was winning the game. He was surprised, since Mainard, or Joshua, was usually way better at bowling than he was.
Joshua sat down on the bench with his bowling ball, rubbing his forehead and yawning.
"I said it's your turn, Mainard." Keilan poked his friend's shoulder. Joshua blinked, looking confused at first, then stood up and walked slowly over to the lane. When he rolled his ball, it just went in the gutter and did nothing at all to improve his score.
Joshua winced. Could have been better, he knew. He turned and stumbled back to the machine to retrieve his ball.
"Mainard, you okay?" Keilan asked. "You look sort of sick."
"Oh, I'm okay." Joshua mumbled, though really, he wasn't sure he was. His head was killing him. And he just sort of felt funny. When he picked up his bowling ball again, he tripped over his own feet and fell onto the ground. "Ouch!"
Keilan walked over and crouched beside him. "Dude. You're a million degrees. We need to go back."
Joshua sat up, slightly dazed, and got to his feet. Keilan put the ball back and led Joshua up the steps, helped him change his shoes, then went out to the car. As Joshua climbed in beside him, Keilan said, "Okay, what's going on? All of the sudden today you're as sick as a dog."
"Maybe I just need more sleep." Joshua protested.
Keilan gave a short laugh. "More sleep? More like more brains, too. You're not acting yourself. Sorry. I didn't mean to be rude. Come on. Buckle up and let's go home."
"What are we doing?" Joshua suddenly asked.
"Going home, Mainard, going home."