Harry Potter discussion

James Potter > James Potter and the Vault of Destinies

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (last edited Aug 20, 2009 08:59AM) (new)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) The third book in this series is scheduled to be releaesed (free, of course), a chapter a day, starting on Dec 1 of this year. For anyone interested, the prologue to book 3 was released last night. You can find it at the new official website for the series (click on book 3).

http://www.jamespotterseries.com/mugg...

message 2: by Sarah ∞ (new)

Sarah ∞ (stargalgirl) | 559 comments I really am siked about reading this series! I ust downloaded the first one! It looks really good.

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) It is Myrtle. The series is great. If after the first two books, your hungry for more (before the third comes out in Dec), you could buy The Girl on the Dock A Dark Fairy Tale. The James Potter books are free, this one is not. It's kinda like JP 2 1/2 as it takes place between books 2 and 3. You don't need to read GOTD to understand the new book, but it is a wonderful story. (It was also my way of supporting the author as I loved the JP books and he can't make any money from them.)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Very cool. I think these are so well written.

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) I agree Jen. I was so surprised when I read them that they were so good.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I was too. My husband's boss actually recommended them to him for me to read. I miss the Wizarding world as JKR sees it but these are close enough to cut the ache a bit. :o)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) I agree Jen. For those of us who missed it so much, it's nice to venture back for a bit more. :)

message 8: by Stefanie (new)

Stefanie | 11 comments This series is a good homage to a series I love. I'm impressed, as I expected to hate them, haha.

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) The hardest part Stefanie is for folks to get past any preconcieved prejudices they have and just give them a try. We aren't going to get any more Potter books out of Ms Rowling, or so she says other than the Encyclopedia. So if you're really miss HP, this is the next best thing.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

At this point, I'll take whatever she writes. LOL

message 11: by Shirin (new)

Shirin (shirin2009) | 245 comments o god!there's still one month left!i cant wait until dec!

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) Have you read the two prologues he's released yet?

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) Exclusive James Potter and the Vault of Destinies Deleted Scene (12 pages)

http://www.jamespotterseries.com/chap...

NOTE: At the very end the author has said that JPVD release is now slated for January 1st. (He's still writing the book as we speak and he's said it's quite long and he isn't finished yet.)

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Where do you find these James Potter books?

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I will check it out later. Thanks!

message 17: by ★Maeden★ (new)

★Maeden★ (her_randomness) | 6 comments Ugh, he pushed the release date back!

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I am currently in the thirties in the first book. It is pretty good so far.

message 19: by Shirin (new)

Shirin (shirin2009) | 245 comments the 2nd one is far better i think.also it's SO like the Chamber of Secrets in HP series.

message 20: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 09, 2009 05:55PM) (new)

I thought that the COS was pretty pointless... Yeah he destroid a horcruex.. but still...

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, you kinda needed to go through year 2 before you moved on Ella..... ;)

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

But still... He could have found it somewhere else..

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) Yes, the author acknowledges that COS was his inspiration for JPCG. There are enough differences however, that I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay.....

Lol...Naruto Rocks! (Katelyn, Haku.) Briansgirl "Master Book Sale Huntress" wrote: "The third book in this series is scheduled to be releaesed (free, of course), a chapter a day, starting on Dec 1 of this year. For anyone interested, the prologue to book 3 was released last night...."

Cool.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm too lazy to read it.. Someone read it for me!

message 27: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (last edited Dec 25, 2009 04:51PM) (new)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) The release date was moved to January 1, 2010. It is still going to be released a chapter a day, free, online, at the official website.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh. Okay then.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Muggle. I got way to acustomed to it before I knew I was a wizard.

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) My pc prefers the muggle version of the website. I know wizard version was updated this week to prepare for the January 1st release of chapter 1 of Vault of Destinies.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

I love this muggle computer!

message 32: by Riley (last edited Dec 29, 2009 06:01PM) (new)

Riley (lihingmui) | 7 comments All I'm going to do is to wait until Jan. 1 and then stay on the computer all day reading the whole thing. That's my plan.

message 33: by Caity (new)

Caity (adivineeternity) | 11 comments I started the first one of these a while back and got hooked very quickly. But it's been so long since I started that I am just going to re-start, since I never finished, and read the first two. Once the full thing comes out as one pdf file I'll download the third. Also, once I get a job I'm buying The Girl on the Dock, as I think it sounds fantastic and really want to read it.

But I was very surprised at how well-written and well-thought-out these were when I was reading the first one originally. He put a lot of thought into them, and even though I don't care for some of the changes he made, I still find his take on the wizarding world and Hogwarts post-HP7 interesting and still enjoy the stories immensely.

message 34: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (last edited Dec 29, 2009 11:38PM) (new)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) Riley, the author is going to release book 3, Vault of Destinies, a chapter a day. There are 25 chapters.

Caity, I felt the same way. I really got into them. Book 3 takes us in a slightly different direction but it should be just as good. From what I've been able to pick up from the author's hints, James will be an exchange student of sorts this year at Alma Aleron. I don't know the details or circumstances.

I've bought Girl on the Dock and it's very good as well.

Lol...Naruto Rocks! (Katelyn, Haku.) Briansgirl "Master Book Sale Huntress" wrote: "The hardest part Stefanie is for folks to get past any preconcieved prejudices they have and just give them a try. We aren't going to get any more Potter books out of Ms Rowling, or so she says oth..."

Cool.

message 36: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 30, 2009 09:30AM) (new)

Shae wrote: "I love this muggle computer!"

So do I! It feels great to use a muggle computer when you are a wizard!

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

I know!