PenPal Readers discussion

PenPal Corner - Interests > Travelers - Connect Here

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anne ✨ (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments For all you PenPals who love to travel, here's a group thread to connect with eachother and make some new PenPal friends based on common interests!

message 2: by Diana (new)

Diana (secondhandrose) | 45 comments I live in Australia 🇦🇺 but right now I'm in Japan with my sister and her family. I try to take one big trip each year. I have a sister who lives in California so I went there last year. I have been to the US, England, Scotland, Wales, Singapore, New Zealand and Japan. Japan has been my favourite so far.

message 3: by Jazzy (last edited Jan 20, 2019 04:15PM) (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 494 comments I go on hols a few days each year, I live in the northeast of England, and I've been to "that London", The Netherlands, Belgium, Madrid in Spain, and Gdansk in Poland (£37 return!). Of course I travel to Scotland quite often, and Wales. I haven't been to Ireland in a while. I would like to go to Paris.

message 4: by Diana (new)

Diana (secondhandrose) | 45 comments I am currently in Hong Kong on the last leg of my trip. We have a few more days here then fly back to Australia.

message 5: by Shadoshard (new)

Shadoshard | 9 comments I currently live in Ohio and travel between there, Canada, and across to Boston regularly. Every so often I head down to San Antonio and New Orleans and St. Augustine Florida. I have lived in Germany and Guam and traveled to points between them. I hope to one day go to India and China when my kids move out on their own.

message 6: by Anne ✨ (last edited Jan 29, 2019 06:34PM) (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments Jazzy - wow, being able to travel to Poland for £37 return is amazing. With the smaller countries in Europe it's closer to travel from country to country. Texas is sooooo stinkin' big, it takes us 12+ hours in the car just to get outside of our STATE!

Diana - Are you back home in Australia now? Japan must have been amazing to visit, especially when you have family living there to show you around.

Shadowhard - Hi! Welcome to PenPal Readers, so glad you found us! I'm in Austin, TX, so we do weekends in San Antonio, or further down to Corpus Christi/North Padre seashore :)

I love travelling! I've lived in Canada & US and have seen a lot of both countries. Travels abroad have included Peru (Machu Picchu, Lake Titicaca), New Zealand by campervan, and backpacking through Western Europe as a young adult. There are soooooo many more places I want to visit, but like Shadoshard, I'm patiently waiting for my kids to leave the house so I can become a vagabond once again - For now I just read national geographic, adventure/travel books, and dream!

message 7: by Shadoshard (new)

Shadoshard | 9 comments Postcards; I travel nowadays via post cards. I usually snag them off of Ebay or postcard sites. There are a lot of them which satisfies my need for art. I've not been to Poland yet - I've been to Australia; that is big. Texas - been all over that from Corpus to where it starts to roll at the top. But I loved Austin the most. Zilke Park and th egardens and 5th street great back in the day.

Anne ✨ wrote: "Jazzy - wow, being able to travel to Poland for £37 return is amazing. With the smaller countries in Europe it's closer to travel from country to country. Texas is sooooo stinkin' big, it takes us ..."

message 8: by Diana (new)

Diana (secondhandrose) | 45 comments Forgot to say I've been to France as well. I am home now. Loved Japan 🇯🇵 wasn't so crazy about Hong Kong. It was ok but mainly shopping and high rise rather than historical sites and museums.

message 9: by Shadoshard (new)

Shadoshard | 9 comments I loved all the temples in Japan; Korea was like that. I did the typical GI shopping in Korea - loaded up for the family back home. But it was Paris - those hidden gardens and parks and then watching the sun rise over the city at dawn that did it for me. Athough I was a bad girl because I snuck pictures and only ONE turned out (inside Notre Dame).

Diana wrote: "Forgot to say I've been to France as well. I am home now. Loved Japan 🇯🇵 wasn't so crazy about Hong Kong. It was ok but mainly shopping and high rise rather than historical sites and museums."