Gail Carriger Fan Group discussion

2019 Parasolverse ReadAlong OVER > 2019 Read-Along Info & Schedule

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Skye (Skye's Scribblings) | 241 comments Mod
Thanks to a Parasol Protectorate Facebook Group vote, they and the Coop de Book Group shall be participating in The Great 2019 Parasolverse Read-Along!

The Read-Along will take place January through August 2019, and the plan is to chat about the books as we read them both here on the Goodreads group and The Parasol Protectorate Facebook Group. At the start of each book's re-read, Lady Gail will be posting an update with yummy stuff to go alongside (behind the scenes, research, etc.), so be sure to watch her blog and social media for all the fun (and be sure you're subscribed to her email newsletter, the Chirrup)!

For the full details check out Lady Gail's blog post here, and see below for the read-along schedule. I will be creating separate posts for each book along the way, so do check in and leave a comment with your favorite scenes, new discoveries, best quotes, etc.!

So who's in?? Fully or partially, sound off below! (If only partially, which books do you plan to read?)

THE 2019 READ-ALONG SCHEDULE
01/01-01/06 The Curious Case short story
01/07-01/20 Etiquette & Espionage
01/20-02/03 Curtsies & Conspiracies
02/04-02/17 Waistcoats & Weaponry
02/18-03/03 Manners & Mutiny
03/04-03/10 Poison or Protect novella
03/11-03/24 Soulless
03/25-04/07 Changeless
04/08-04/21 Blameless
04/22-05/05 Heartless
05/06-05/19 Timeless
05/20-05/26 Romancing the Inventor novella
05/27-06/09 Prudence
06/10-06/23 Imprudence
06/24-06/30 Romancing the Werewolf novella
07/01-07/14 Competence
07/15-07/21 How to Marry a Werewolf novella
August: Reticence!

message 2: by Annie (new)

Annie (annieearley) | 3 comments I'M SO IN!

I'm afraid I really need to work on my TBR backlist in 2019, but I do plan to participate for a few books - namely the last two Finishing School books (I already began re-reading the series this year) and Competence in preparation for Reticence's release! (SO excited for Reticence, cannot wait!)

message 4: by Gail (last edited Dec 17, 2018 01:55PM) (new)

Gail Carriger (gail_carriger) | 103 comments Skye (Skye's Scribblings) wrote: "Thanks to a Parasol Protectorate Facebook Group vote, they and the Coop de Book Group shall be participating in The Great 2019 Parasolverse Read-Along!

Thanks for posting this Skye!

message 5: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Franklin (insertscenehere) | 4 comments I'm in!

message 6: by Nicqui (new)

Nicqui | 125 comments I'm in!!!

message 7: by BookLover (new)

BookLover | 3 comments This sounds fun! I'm up for it :-)

message 8: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1 comments Can't wait. Going to be fun.

message 9: by Sunshine (new)

Sunshine Jackson | 3 comments I’m all in all the way!!!

message 10: by Gail (new)

Gail Carriger (gail_carriger) | 103 comments Hooray!

message 11: by Justyna (new)

Justyna (tenelilli) | 26 comments I'm in.

I think I fell behind on some books, because of depression and general life business, and then was to stressed to figure that all up, so a read along will do great for partial re-read and the first read of the stuff I missed. Yay.

message 12: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (veruna) | 49 comments So excited for a group reread! I’m totally in!

message 13: by Shirley (new)

Shirley Thomas | 14 comments I definitely will have Competence by the time it comes up in the reread, so getting to reread the books and get new insights from Gail and other fans will be so fun and enlightening! (Also maybe the activity will get my friends curious and then they might read it too?)

message 14: by Gail (new)

Gail Carriger (gail_carriger) | 103 comments Shirley wrote: "I definitely will have Competence by the time it comes up in the reread, so getting to reread the books and get new insights from Gail and other fans will be so fun and enlightening! (Also maybe th..."

Hooray! Raising my cup of tea to you!

message 15: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1 comments I am very excited for this!

message 16: by Audrey (new)

Audrey Zarr (illyanarasputin) | 1 comments Had to come and join to participate in this re-read...and full honestly laid out, I haven’t read all the novellas: perfect time to fix that! Thanks for the schedule and starting this out.

message 17: by Bookworm (new)

Bookworm Erica (bookworme2014) | 16 comments yay!!

message 18: by Gail (new)

Gail Carriger (gail_carriger) | 103 comments Audrey wrote: "Had to come and join to participate in this re-read...and full honestly laid out, I haven’t read all the novellas: perfect time to fix that! Thanks for the schedule and starting this out."

Hooray! Welcome.

message 19: by Gina (new)

Gina | 1 comments Great idea! This will be fun!

message 20: by Cat (new)

Cat | 1 comments I’m definitely in!!!

message 21: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 13 comments I’m in. I’m planning on listening to all of them on audiobook. I’ve read all of the print copies, with the exception of 3 novellas (LeFoux, Presha, & Lyall), but I’ve never listened to any of the audiobooks. I’ve heard they’re great, so I’m really excited to hear them come to life. Obviously, any that don’t have audio, like The Curious Case, I plan to reread the print/ e-version.

message 22: by Gail (new)

Gail Carriger (gail_carriger) | 103 comments Stacy wrote: "I’m in. I’m planning on listening to all of them on audiobook. I’ve read all of the print copies, with the exception of 3 novellas (LeFoux, Presha, & Lyall), but I’ve never listened to any of the a..."

Oh that is fun, I hope they live up to the hype.

message 23: by Stacy (new)

Stacy Weinberg (bugsnoni) | 3 comments I’m in. Can’t wait 😊

message 24: by Gail (new)

Gail Carriger (gail_carriger) | 103 comments Stacy wrote: "I’m in. Can’t wait 😊" Hooray!

message 25: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Kearney (makeralfish) | 1 comments I'm in! I was planning on reading the Finishing School books this year as I'm halfway through. This will give an excellent push.

message 26: by Beverley (new)

Beverley Louise | 3 comments came from the Facebook group to say that I'm in!

message 27: by Tami (new)

Tami | 11 comments I’m in.

message 28: by David (new)

David Edmonds (tapestry100) | 1 comments I'm in!! I'd already planned a reread of the Parasol Protectorate series this year, so this is perfect timing.

message 29: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (teresatheterrible) | 1 comments I'm IN!!!

message 30: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Hollingsworth | 9 comments I wasn’t going to since I JUST did a reread of most of the main series...but I reread the Curious Case and...I’m in too. Lol

message 31: by JaneR (new)

JaneR | 2 comments I've just joined this group after seeing the schedule on the chirrup. So I'm in, as it happens I'm on holiday this week so a perfect time to start a re-read.

message 32: by Cdludwick (new)

Cdludwick | 1 comments I’m in. I have read all of the Finishing School books, so this is a perfect opportunity!

message 33: by Ashton (new)

Ashton (geek_aflame) | 3 comments I'm in :) I just read about this in the newsletter this morning.

message 34: by Summer (new)

Summer (speaking_bookish) (speaking_bookish) | 8 comments I'm definitely in! im already over my head for the month of January so what's one or two more? I've been wanting to do a reread and in the timeline order as well! so excited!

message 35: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 1 comments I'm in! Been meaning to reread this series anyway and being part of a readalong in fun!

message 36: by Aliera (new)

Aliera (musesfled) | 2 comments I'm in although I'm a little late to the party so I'll be catching up on the Curious Case short story and then diving into E&E. I pretty much listen to both the Alexia and Prudence series on repeat via Audiobook, but the Finishing School series was my first introduction to Gail's books, so I'm excited to have an "excuse" to dive into all of them once again.

message 37: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannahj26) | 1 comments I'm in! I'll have to catch up though. :)

message 38: by Brooke (new)

Brooke (broophi) | 5 comments I'm in! :)

message 39: by Abby (new)

Abby Blank | 4 comments I’m in, and already ahead 😂😂 I can’t stop reading!

message 40: by Michael (new)

Michael (mbernardi) | 15 comments I started a bit late but decided to go the audio book route, and it's made it even more fun

message 41: by Emma (new)

Emma England | 2 comments I'm in, but not in order. I've not read all the books yet and I'm reading them in a different order so I'll join in whenever I can.

I've read The Curious Case, The Parasol Protectorate, Romancing the Inventor. Now I'm reading Prudence, then Imprudence, Romancing the Werewolf, Competence, How to Marry a Werewolf, the Finishing School series and finally Reticence as a read-along in real time.

I will try and follow the discussions though. I'm new to the fandom and it will be fun to learn more.

message 42: by Justyna (new)

Justyna (tenelilli) | 26 comments Uh, so I skipped ahead and I read both Manners and Poison or Protect over the weekend... Ooops.

Can we have discussion topics for them up, or is it too early? XD

Justyna wrote: "Can we have discussion topics for them up, or is it too early? XD"

I try to wait so that it doesn't encourage reading ahead (I'm already halfway thru M&M myself tho, oops ;), but I'll open the M&M thread tonight, at least. :)

message 44: by Justyna (new)

Justyna (tenelilli) | 26 comments Skye (Skye's Scribblings) wrote: "I try to wait so that it doesn't encourage reading ahead (I'm already halfway thru M&M myself tho, oops ;), but I'll open the M&M thread tonight, at least. :)"

I mean that's fair... :D