Safety in numbers, never go into a book alone. #Group Reads discussion

The Liar's Wife by Samantha Hayes

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hollie (new)

Hollie Law | 249 comments Mod
Shawnda wrote: "Oh no I want to read it now lol. But yes maybe in the future making sure a print option is good for me :) I need to get over it and start reading one of the 300 books I have downloaded on my kindle..."

I completely understand. I will change January's book.

message 2: by Hollie (new)

Shawnda wrote: "Oh no I want to read it now lol. But yes maybe in the future making sure a print option is good for me :) I need to get over it and start reading one of the 300 books I have downloaded on my kindle..."

I do understand, but your missing out on so much! I love a printed book. But kindles are a lot lighter and smaller than some books to put in your bag when you are out and about. Plus there are a lot of great e-books that are very cheap! Are you happy to dig out your kindle and read "The Liar's Wife" with me for January? I am also thinking of Hitesh, as he lives in India and from the sounds of things he only has an app to get English books.

message 3: by Shawnda (new)

Shawnda M. | 32 comments Hollie wrote: "Shawnda wrote: "Oh no I want to read it now lol. But yes maybe in the future making sure a print option is good for me :) I need to get over it and start reading one of the 300 books I have downloa..."
Yes I am going to read it for sure. Like I said I need to get over not reading off my Kindle it's just hard to teach an old dog new tricks I guess.

message 4: by Hollie (new)

Ok ‘The Liar’s Wife’ is only on e-book as far as I know.

message 6: by Hollie (new)

Happy New Year!! I hope everyone has had a good Christmas. Today is the day we begin our adventure of ‘The Liar’s Wife’ By Samantha Hayes. So curl up in your favourite reading chair and hold on tight as we travel together into our first group read of January 2019! Enjoy Everyone!!

message 7: by Sara (new)

Sara (literary-cat) | 26 comments just bought the book and can't wait to read it~!

message 8: by Shawnda (new)

Shawnda M. | 32 comments I’m in the midst of another book I started last week but this one is next on my list to start

message 9: by Hollie (new)

Ok Shawnda, join us whenever you are ready x

message 10: by Hollie (new)

Ok, I am 12% in! So far I really like Ella, and I love how at the moment the story is quite fast paced. (view spoiler)

message 11: by Sara (new)

Sara (literary-cat) | 26 comments so i'm like 30% in and everything about jakob is just creepy. but i do somewhat like ella. (view spoiler)

message 12: by Hollie (new)

I am 15% in and (view spoiler)

message 13: by Sara (last edited Jan 08, 2019 04:57AM) (new)

Sara (literary-cat) | 26 comments like over 40% and every time i read this story, jakob gives off this weird feeling that he's the hero of his own story and i already don't like him. he sends psychotic signals to my body. (view spoiler)

message 14: by Hollie (new)

Sara wrote: "so i'm like 30% in and everything about jakob is just creepy. but i do somewhat like ella. [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 15: by Sara (new)

Sara (literary-cat) | 26 comments alright so i finally finished the book and it was more like i'm glad i'm done with it. i kinda just wanted to get the book over with because i was starting to grow a little bored with it. the twist towards the end however, is extremely dramatic and and something i would have never guessed. (view spoiler)

message 16: by Hollie (new)

That is such a shame that you were dissapointed with the book Sara, Although I must admit I have come across parts that are extremely frustrating. For example, I have just reached 34% (view spoiler) Sara I am reading your spoilers as I reach the % marks that you are stating. So far I completely agree with you.

message 17: by Sara (new)

Sara (literary-cat) | 26 comments I feel like some thrillers and mysteries can disappoint me if not done well. the premise was interesting and learning about her back story was cool, but I was just getting annoyed with her. (view spoiler)

message 18: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Just started and 11% in. Not sure I trust Ella or Jacob to be honest. And Nerd Boy at Durham Uni is off putting. ..

message 19: by Hollie (new)

You don’t trust Ella Catherine? That’s an interesting point of view! X

message 20: by Shawnda (new)

Shawnda M. | 32 comments I'm just starting this hoping to finish it up over the weekend!

message 21: by Hollie (new)

Ok, let us know what you think Shawnda x

message 22: by Hollie (new)

(This comment i am writing before I have read your spoilers Sara, I will also right a comment after I have read them, I wanted my own thoughts clear in my head before I look into the interesting points of view from other people). Right, I have just finished. (view spoiler)

message 23: by Hollie (new)

Sara wrote: "I feel like some thrillers and mysteries can disappoint me if not done well. the premise was interesting and learning about her back story was cool, but I was just getting annoyed with her. [spoile..."

(view spoiler)

Safety in numbers, never go into a book alone....

unread topics | mark unread