How to Promote YOUR book on Amazon discussion

Group Questions > KDP Rocket

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hock (new)

Hock Tjoa (hockgtjoa) | 12 comments Has anyone here experience with this? It seems to be related to Kindlepreneur and has stuff about 'rankings' and 'keywords.' I have to say it seems fuzzy to me.
What am I missing?

message 2: by Dennis (new)

Dennis Smith (christmasangels) | 9 comments I've been trying to promote my book on Amazon for two years and can find no way to do it. "From The Green River To The Sea"--You would think Amazon would want to make money as well.

message 3: by Nicholas (new)

Nicholas | 2 comments I started taking Dave Chesson's class on how to market on Amazon. it's legit and full of info. for someone whose been writing for 20 years, this was more than insightful. I will post a link shortly to the class. marketing is work, almost as much as writing, but is definitely part of the business.

message 4: by Jeremiah (new)

Jeremiah Hope (jeremiahhope) | 2 comments Just started using it so too soon to tell (will update) but it seems to be set up only for Amazon.com... lots of the tips and tricks on Amazon.com dont seem to be available for .co.uk, like changing categories :-(

message 5: by Laura (last edited Nov 01, 2020 11:41AM) (new)

Laura Engelhardt | 1 comments I bought it in August & used it for Amazon.com (but also .UK and others by analogy). Here's my 2.5 months-worth of opinion.

For some things, it has been a life-saving time-saver -- for instance pulling ASINs for similar books to create ads. For this alone, it's probably worth the one-time investment if you are trying to market your book. It gives you a MUCH faster means of pulling information down than by clicking around on Amazon's website.

The category checks have been really useful. For both of these two features, I'd rate the program a buy if you are using Amazon as a primary distribution platform.

But the keywords have been a MAJOR disappointment. Here's why:
I thought KDP Rocket would help me discover keywords that Amazon shoppers entered as search terms. This aspect of the program may work very well for non-fiction -- most of the KDP Rocket free trainings (which are awesome by the way) are nonfiction.

However, I need to find open-ended terms to market my fantasy book & have been rather disappointed. This could well be due to Amazon's algorithms working differently than KDP Rocket understands for this kind of book.

This difference may be why we authors are told to use "similar authors" and "similar books" in our ad campaigns. (FWIW: This always struck me as stupid -- when I want to read the latest Patricia Briggs novel, I don't care about reading whatever indie novel is being shown to me as a sponsored product. However, when I type in "different urban fantasy on kindle unlimited" -- I want to see fantasy that's not as cookie-cutter as most traditionally-published urban fantasies).

KDP Rocket indicates that open-ended search terms like "complex fantasy" or "unique fantasy fiction" are actually being entered OFTEN by Amazon shoppers -- however, my ads get 0 impressions. So either there's a glitch in KDP Rocket's estimation of frequency OR Amazon's algos don't work this way.

In either event, open-ended search terms for fantasy novels (apart from a few EXPENSIVE terms) have not been successful.

So my overall view is that you should consider buying this software if you intend to run Amazon ads & need to identify similar authors, or if you want a fast means of researching information on Amazon's site.

Hope this helps!