The Humour Club discussion

Fun Stuff > 7 Authors As Desserts

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Guy (new)

Guy Portman (guyportman) | 349 comments Have you ever thought that if so and so were a dessert they would be an apple strudel.

http://guyportman.com/8-authors-as-de...

Here are seven authors and the desserts I think they/their writing corresponds to.

message 2: by Joel (new)

Joel Bresler | 1552 comments Mod
Guy, I worry about you sometimes.
Does Tunnock's package the same tea cakes in different wrappers and try to sell them as a new flavor?

message 3: by Guy (new)

Guy Portman (guyportman) | 349 comments Joel wrote: "Guy, I worry about you sometimes.
Does Tunnock's package the same tea cakes in different wrappers and try to sell them as a new flavor?"

I'm ignorant on Tunnock's packaging practices, Joel.

message 4: by Joel (new)

Guy wrote: "Joel wrote: "Guy, I worry about you sometimes.
Does Tunnock's package the same tea cakes in different wrappers and try to sell them as a new flavor?"

I'm ignorant on Tunnock's packaging practices,..."

If they did, they'd be like Agatha Christie books. Same books, new titles and covers. Wodehouse sort of did that, too, but at least he changed the names and locations!

message 5: by Joe (new)

Joe Stevens | 3 comments What desert is Wodehouse then? Though that might depend on if you are reading the school books or Blandings. Bare in mind I'm a Wodehouse fan and we can be a fractious lot where He is concerned.

message 6: by Joel (new)

Spotted Dick?

message 7: by Joe (new)

Joe Stevens | 3 comments Somewhat humorously when I googled Spotted Dick, I came across a video about a can of Spotted Dick from Heinz. We Americans will can anything.