Play Book Tag discussion

We Are Legion (We Are Bob) (Bobiverse, #1)
This topic is about We Are Legion (We Are Bob)
December 2018: Geek Reads > We Are Legion - We Are Bob by Dennis E. Taylor - 3.6 stars

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sushicat | 804 comments Here’s are fun geeky read: Bob has just sold his software company and with more money than he can possibly use has signed a contract to have his remains frozen for a future revival when he gets run over by a car. He regains consciousness as the AI chosen to pilot a self replicating spaceship, a first step to colonizing the universe. There’s a lot of snark and pop culture reference, a lot of sci-fi concepts get revisited as various copies of Bob (each with a slightly different personality) spread out into space. A fast paced romp, with one obvious flaw - it’s the first in a series, and a lot of things are going on I really want to know what will happen next.
I liked the audiobook, even if it was a bit difficult to keep the Bobs straight.

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 5221 comments This is nice to see. I own the audible for this book, but I don't remember why I picked it out. This would be the month to try it out!

Do you normally read a lot of sci-fi?

Sushicat | 804 comments I’m a very eclectic reader. For ages I thought sci-fi is not for me. But since a couple of years I’m catching up.
The audiobook has a similar vibe as The Martian, with a narrator that’s not taking himself super seriously.

Cora (corareading) | 1359 comments I really liked the Bob series. My son (10) is listening to them now. He has to take a break between listening to each one because the narrator changed how some the words were pronounced between books and he found he is less annoyed by it if they aren't back to back.

Sushicat | 804 comments I've decided to make a pause between books as well. I just don't want to overdose...

message 6: by annapi (new) - added it

annapi | 4965 comments Ok, this sounds like a fun read! Onto the TBR it goes...

Amy N. | 256 comments Oh, I love this series! I'm so glad you liked it too.

message 8: by KateNZ (new) - added it

KateNZ | 2321 comments Great fun - am adding too!