ReMo - The Official Read More Challenge discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hannah (last edited Dec 17, 2018 10:08AM) (new)

Hannah (bookwormhannah) | 181 comments Mod
Ask away!

A moderator will answer as promptly as we can.

message 2: by Hannah (new)

Q: What about entrants outside the US?

A: You are welcome! You can enter for the prize just like anyone else.

message 3: by Hannah (new)

Q: Five books? I read that much in a year...

A: Yep, this challenge is meant to push your boundaries a bit! You're welcome to enter and see how many you get. Everyone is welcome to participate in the discussion even if you don't make it to your goal for the month.

message 4: by Hannah (new)

Q: What's in the prize?

A: New paperbacks are the staple of the giveaway. There might be a bookmark and another goodie or two. Many of the books will be Christian fiction, since all the moderators are Christian and often read in the genre, but it will not be exclusively Christian fiction. Watch for the full announcement on January 15th, which will give full detail of what items are included.

message 5: by Hannah (new)

Q: What if I don't want to win a prize?

A: You're still welcome to participate in the goal and challenges! When you make your completion post, simply add a line that says "Don't enter me for the drawing."

message 6: by Hanna (new)

Hanna | 41 comments Q: What's the exact point of the shelf? Do we add the books when we've read them, or is it for books we're planning on reading for the challenge?

message 7: by Hanna (new)

Hanna | 41 comments Q: Do books we've already started in December count, as long as we finish them in January?

message 8: by Hannah (new)

Hanna wrote: "Q: What's the exact point of the shelf? Do we add the books when we've read them, or is it for books we're planning on reading for the challenge?"

A: The point of the shelf is to make it easy for the moderators to see which books were read. It’s fine if you want to add books to it that you are hoping to get to, because we can sort by “read date” and see which ones are read in January.

message 9: by Hannah (new)

Hanna wrote: "Q: Do books we've already started in December count, as long as we finish them in January?"

A: As long as there are at least 150 pages left to read, starting in December (or any other month) is fine. Just note in your post how many pages you read, if you aren’t starting from the beginning.

message 10: by Hanna (new)

Hanna | 41 comments Oh, okay. Thank you! :)

message 11: by Hannah (new)

You’re welcome!

message 12: by R.A. (new)

R.A. | 23 comments Q: Does this challenge start in January?

message 13: by R.A. (last edited Dec 22, 2018 12:29PM) (new)

R.A. | 23 comments Q: What does it actually involve? (Other than reading and receiving prizes..)

message 14: by Hannah (new)

R.A. wrote: "Q: Does this challenge start in January?"

A: This challenge goes from January 1-31, 2019

message 15: by Hannah (new)

R.A. wrote: "Q: What does it actually involve? (Other than reading and receiving prizes..)"

Reading and maybe a prize is what’s involved! Hopefully also getting to know some other reader friends! It’s simple. :)

message 16: by Anna (new)

Anna | 58 comments How would an audiobook figure in terms of pages? I usually listen to a couple of them a month. Would you figure from the pages in a different edition? if so, which edition?

message 17: by Hannah (new)

A: If you listen to an audiobook, you may count the page number of the book with the same text the story was read from (for example, an unabridged audio would be the same as a regular edition of a hard copy, or an abridged would equal a condensed or edited version hard copy). In cases of books with many editions, if the most similar hard copy listed is over 150 pages, it may be counted for the challenge.

message 18: by R.A. (new)

R.A. | 23 comments Q: Can I use other books that I'm going to be reading for other challenges?

message 19: by Hannah (new)

Yes, as long as it's 150 pages or more!

message 20: by R.A. (new)

R.A. | 23 comments Hannah wrote: "Yes, as long as it's 150 pages or more!"

Great! Thanks!

message 21: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn S. | 28 comments Did I read correctly that a non-fiction book longer than 150 pages counts as a novel? If so...I may need to up my reading goal =)

message 22: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) Kaitlyn wrote: "Did I read correctly that a non-fiction book longer than 150 pages counts as a novel? If so...I may need to up my reading goal =)"

Yes, that's correct, Kaitlyn. While nonfiction is not a novel (fiction), we are allowing nonfiction books to count for the challenge, as long as they are 150+ pages in length.

message 23: by Anna (new)

Anna | 58 comments How do you get a picture of the book to post on your challenge log? I see people doing that and I don't know how.

message 24: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) Make sure you're on your desktop or the desktop version of Goodreads. Above the comment box, there should be a button that says "add book/author." Click that.

A box will pop up. At the bottom of it, click the circle beside "cover." Then, click in the search box near the top of the pop-up box you're in and type in whichever book you want. When a list pops up, select "add" next to whichever book cover you're searching for.

Let me know if you have trouble.

message 25: by Hannah (new)

Thanks, Andrea!

message 26: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) Of course!

message 27: by Anna (new)

Anna | 58 comments Ties that Bind (The Amish of Summer Grove #1) by Cindy Woodsmall

OK, did I do it right? I actually never noticed that link at the top of the box. I'm so observant!

message 28: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) You got it, girlie! Well done.

message 29: by Ellen (new)

Ellen Hamilton | 56 comments So, I was just wondering, what if I wanted to "up" my goal? I started out with 5 books, and then realized that I could actually do 15 - 20, but I'm not sure if I can just change my goal at this point.

message 30: by Paula (new)

Paula Shreckhise | 81 comments Should we include the page count of each book in our updates of what we have completed?

message 31: by Hannah (last edited Jan 17, 2019 12:20PM) (new)

Yes, please! It’s much easier for me to just glance at the post rather than having to click through and see how long the book is. Also please include the date you finished. :)

message 32: by Paula (new)

Paula Shreckhise | 81 comments Did I do the thread correctly? Is that where I post each book as it is read?

message 33: by Hannah (new)

If you're talking about this thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... then yes, that's the correct spot for reporting progress toward your goal! Are you able to edit your comment to include the book info like the first example at the top of the thread? If you can't edit, that's fine...just repost the same books with the info. :)

message 34: by Paula (new)

Paula Shreckhise | 81 comments I Put that info in the challenge logs under Paula’s possibilities. It won’t copy and paste so I will edit the other post.
Thanks

message 35: by Hannah (new)

Thanks!

The challenge log section is your space, so you can do whatever you please in those threads. :)

message 36: by R.A. (new)

R.A. | 23 comments Am I allowed to change how many I want to read? I won't be able to get to my goal!

message 37: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) R.A. wrote: "Am I allowed to change how many I want to read? I won't be able to get to my goal!"

Goals may not be reduced, unfortunately.

I won't be making my goal either, most likely.

message 38: by R.A. (new)

R.A. | 23 comments Andrea wrote: "R.A. wrote: "Am I allowed to change how many I want to read? I won't be able to get to my goal!"

Goals may not be reduced, unfortunately.

I won't be making my goal either, most likely."

Okay! :) Thanks for letting me know!

Aw! It'll be sad not being able to be entered in the giveaway. :)

message 39: by Paula (new)

Paula Shreckhise | 81 comments When we post our completed book entry......Do we have to include the link for the review? I read a book for an author’s street team but don’t have my review ready as the book hasn’t released yet.

message 40: by Hannah (new)

No, reviews are not required. :)

message 41: by Paula (new)

Paula Shreckhise | 81 comments Thanks!

message 42: by Anna (new)

Anna | 58 comments Not a question, but an observation. I've enjoyed being part of this group! I've met some wonderful new reader/friends, and had some great conversations, and found new books I can't wait to read, besides getting reacquainted with some old favorites. Thanks for letting me be a part of this group.

message 43: by Paula (new)

Paula Shreckhise | 81 comments Yes, Anna! I’m new but I enjoyed this very much!
Looking forward to the next challenge.
I got a lot read this month! I’m ahead of my goal for the year! Niw to keep ahead!

message 44: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) Glad you gals enjoyed it! We hope you'll come back next year (and invite your friends!).

message 45: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Reinstedt | 3 comments Is it too late to join? :)

message 46: by Erika (new)

Erika Mathews (resterwen) | 51 comments Mod
It’s not too late to join - you have till midnight tonight in your time zone to read!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.

ReMo - The Official Read More Challenge

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Ties that Bind (other topics)