What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Historical romance reluctant bride gets fever, husband takes advantage...

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by uninspired (new)

uninspired | 3 comments I read this historical romance back in 2002-ish. Theres a newly married wife and husband. The wife didnt want to be married. The wife starts a garden which the husband loves and a whore takes credit for it and the wife doesnt tell him the truth. She gets a fever and she has to be stripped naked and is bedridden and the husband doesnt want to "ravage" her so he tittyfucks her(please dont take my post down, i read the group rules and didnt see anything about excplicit language).

When he finds out about the garden was by his wife, hes like why didnt you tell me?? I thought you hated it here, i appreciate the care you took..

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
uninspired ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 44 where fewer eyes will see it.
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!

message 3: by ImaBookaddict (new)

ImaBookaddict | 170 comments Is this a medieval romance?

message 4: by JennyG (new)

JennyG | 550 comments It sounds like one of Julie Garwood's medievals. I cannot remember which one. Either The Wedding or The Bride.

message 5: by Juels (new)

Juels | 2476 comments If it wasn't for the fever part, I would suggest When Love Awaits by Johanna Lindsey.

message 6: by uninspired (new)

uninspired | 3 comments Bump

message 7: by uninspired (new)

uninspired | 3 comments Yes it is medievel romance-ill check out the other suggestions thx

message 8: by Fabiola GR (new)

Fabiola GR (fabiolagr) | 35 comments I agree it sounds like one of Julie Garwoods’s medievals, but I don’t remember such a scene in any of the suggested books.

message 9: by Juels (new)

Juels | 2476 comments This is not Julie Garwood. Her heroes have never "tittyfucked" the heroines.

message 10: by ImaBookaddict (new)

ImaBookaddict | 170 comments Maybe a Lynsay Sands book?

message 11: by Fabiola GR (new)

Fabiola GR (fabiolagr) | 35 comments Any luck?

message 12: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5206 comments Bump.

message 13: by Tricia (new)

Tricia (tricialen) | 118 comments Humm sounds like maybe The Velvet Promise by Jude Deveraux

message 14: by Christine (new)

Christine Gorton | 104 comments Juels wrote: "This is not Julie Garwood. Her heroes have never "tittyfucked" the heroines."

You're right Juels. I have all of Julie Garwood's books, there is not any titty fucking in any of her books.

message 15: by Christine (new)

Christine Gorton | 104 comments ImaBookaddict wrote: "Maybe a Lynsay Sands book?"

I have read all of Lynsay Sands's books, no titty fucking in any of them.

message 16: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5206 comments Tricia wrote: "Humm sounds like maybe The Velvet Promise by Jude Deveraux"

I'm afraid not. I just read it and neither the garden nor the taking-advantage are in it. The heroine does have a fever for a short time, but it's a small thing.

message 17: by Fabiola GR (new)

Fabiola GR (fabiolagr) | 35 comments Do you think the author is maybe not as well known as some of the authors mentioned?
And do you remember where you have read it (e.g. kindle)?

I'm also curious to find out this book.

message 18: by JennyG (new)

JennyG | 550 comments How old is the book? From the 70s, 80s, 90s or post 2000?

E-book or paperback?

Do you remember the book cover?

message 19: by Fabiola GR (new)

Fabiola GR (fabiolagr) | 35 comments JennyG wrote: "How old is the book? From the 70s, 80s, 90s or post 2000?"

The OP mentioned she read it back in 2002-ish. Considering the "explicit" content, I don't think it's an oldie.

message 20: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35179 comments Mod
uninspired, are you still looking for this book or did you find it?

message 21: by Fabiola GR (new)

Fabiola GR (fabiolagr) | 35 comments I still want to know the title *___*