THE GOOD LUCK YEAR END READING CHALLENGE OF 2018 discussion

Something Blue

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (last edited Dec 17, 2018 09:17AM) (new)

Emily | 18 comments Mod
Post here about a book you read that made you cry, or had something blue about it like a cover or title!

message 2: by Amelia (new)

Amelia Speight just finished If Beale Street Could Talk by James Baldwin which had a black/white/blue cover AND was super sad. I didn't cry but it was a real downer. Inspired me to bump the New Jim Crow up on my TBR...

message 3: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Zacharias | 2 comments I finished the life and death of the Great Lakes! This should be required reading for anyone who lives in the Great Lakes region. I’m always worried science non-fiction is going to be dry, but this wasn’t! The Egan writes is engaging and makes the book a quick read.

message 4: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Klawes | 2 comments I read The Secret Lives of Color by Kassia St. Clair: It's about the history of color generally but has a section devoted to each color of the rainbow, plus black, white, and brown. Some of it was really interesting, but a lot of it I think would have been more appealing to someone with more of a background in art and art history -- there was lots of stuff about specific paint colors and how they've been used in art over the years. I found it a little boring at times. Overall, though, I enjoyed it.

message 5: by Emily (new)

Emily | 18 comments Mod
Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy

I read Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy for this challenge. The cover is blue and it has blue in the name, but it wasn't sad. But it counts!

Mauricio Maluff Masi (mmaluff) | 3 comments I just finished Barrio Palestina, a novel about Jewish immigrants that settled in my hometown of Asunción escaping WW2, in the neighborhood populated mostly by Arabs and Jews where my dad grew up. As expected given the subject matter, the novel is very sad, and does a decent job of showing the emotional turmoil of these immigrant families. Unfortunately it is very poorly written and the timeline of events makes no sense, but I managed to enjoy it despite that.

message 7: by Cristalyne (new)

Cristalyne | 3 comments The Hate You Give was the perfect blend of snot-nosed crying and bust a gut laughing. Can’t believe I waited this long to pick it up.

THE GOOD LUCK YEAR END READING CHALLENGE OF 2018

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Ramona Blue (other topics)