THE GOOD LUCK YEAR END READING CHALLENGE OF 2018 discussion

Krampus' Night Fright

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (new)

Emily | 18 comments Mod
Post here when you finish a book that is scary OR a book that has been intimidating you.

message 2: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Zacharias | 2 comments I read Melmoth by Sarah Perry for this challenge! It wasn’t super scary (definitely not Stephen King vibes or anything) but it’s based on a myth that shows up in obscure fairytales about a wandering women who sees people’s darkest sins and follows them. I was honestly drawn to the book because it’s based in Prague, and it definitely delivered on that front! Some parts of the book were slow but I generally liked it and I really liked the ending, which is rare for me. The main character goes through a wild psychological journey and I think Perry is trying to help readers let go of their demons. 3/5 stars.

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily | 18 comments Mod
I just finished My Sister, The Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite. This book has been all over the place and I was super excited when a friend gave it to me for Christmas. I was expecting it to be scarier and more suspenseful than it was. It is interesting to think about how far sibling loyalty goes. I want a friend to read this so we can talk about it. Who wants my copy?

message 4: by Brittaini (new)

Brittaini | 4 comments Emily wrote: "I just finished My Sister, The Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite. This book has been all over the place and I was super excited when a friend gave it to me for Christmas. I was expecting it to b..."

I'll take it! I'd love to discuss this one once I have a chance to read it.

message 5: by Nicole Siobhan (new)

Nicole Siobhan | 3 comments In the Woods

Finished "In the Woods" last night. It wasn't super scary but it was subtly creepy and made me a little uneasy. I ended up really not liking the main character, Rob, but I really liked the other two main detectives.

THE GOOD LUCK YEAR END READING CHALLENGE OF 2018

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

In the Woods (other topics)