Horror Aficionados discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Audio Group Listens > Group Listen Nominations for January 2019

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Char (new)

Char  | 13703 comments Mod
I'm up for January's Group Listen and nominations are now open!

Please feel free to nominate any horror audio books, other than those that have been read or listened to by this group in the last year. (If you're not sure, there's a list in the Group Read section you can check.)

If your choice has already been nominated here, feel free to "second" or "third" that choice, as the more nominations an audio has, the more likely it is to make it to the final poll.

message 2: by Jamie (last edited Dec 17, 2018 08:34AM) (new)

Jamie Zaccaria | 149 comments I would like to nominate Sawkill Girls by Claire Legrand.

Sawkill Girls by Claire Legrand

Who are the Sawkill Girls?

Marion: the new girl. Awkward and plain, steady and dependable. Weighed down by tragedy and hungry for love she’s sure she’ll never find.

Zoey: the pariah. Luckless and lonely, hurting but hiding it. Aching with grief and dreaming of vanished girls. Maybe she’s broken—or maybe everyone else is.

Val: the queen bee. Gorgeous and privileged, ruthless and regal. Words like silk and eyes like knives, a heart made of secrets and a mouth full of lies.

Their stories come together on the island of Sawkill Rock, where gleaming horses graze in rolling pastures and cold waves crash against black cliffs. Where kids whisper the legend of an insidious monster at parties and around campfires.

Where girls have been disappearing for decades, stolen away by a ravenous evil no one has dared to fight… until now.

message 3: by Lance (last edited Dec 17, 2018 08:53AM) (new)

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (amandanator) I'd like to second Sawkill Girls.Sawkill Girls by Claire Legrand. I'd also like to nominate The Upstairs Room by Kate Murray-Browne.

In The Upstairs Room, Eleanor, Richard and their two young daughters recently stretched themselves to the limit to buy their dream home, a four-bedroom Victorian townhouse in East London. But the cracks are already starting to show. Eleanor is unnerved by the eerie atmosphere in the house and becomes convinced it is making her ill. Whilst Richard remains preoccupied with Zoe, their mercurial twenty-seven-year-old lodger, Eleanor becomes determined to unravel the mystery of the house’s previous owners—including Emily, whose name is written hundreds of times on the walls of the upstairs room.

message 5: by Ami (new)

Ami | 190 comments I've had this book on my TBR list for a while now... how about Earthcore by Scott Sigler Earthcore

message 6: by Char (new)

Char  | 13703 comments Mod
Thanks, all! I'm locking this thread down and working on the poll.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.