What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Youth Nature book: brother and sister from the city who go to visit their cousins in the country. The country cousins teach them all about nature

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Monica (new)

Monica Savage | 1 comments Hi everyone,

I am trying to find the title of a book I read to my children a few years ago and loved. I lent it to a friend and she never returned it.
It's the story of a brother and sister from the city who go to visit their cousins in the country. The country cousins teach them all about nature. Chapters include how they catch a bee and figure out, based on the flight, where the hive is in the woods...and how it came to be called a "bee line". Also how they rescue a skunk from a dry well by holding it up by the tail so they won't get sprayed, how the skunk eats wasps in the ground at night....
There are other animals discussed, but those are the two that I really remember. Anyone have any idea what book this might be?
Thank you so much in advance for your help!

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33431 comments Mod
Monica, can you describe the illustrations in this chapter book - realistic/cartoony/cute, simple/detailed, painted watercolors/bold graphics, sunny/dark/muted colors/black & white? Do they remind you of another illustrator or picture book author?

Which country?

Did the book seem recently published?