Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Christmas Future: Inspired by A Christmas Carol
This topic is about Christmas Future
Book Issues > book covers

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Valerie (new) - added it

Valerie Ipson | 3 comments My book is showing three editions. Two of them are the correct cover but need to be merged into one listing. The other (shown above) is not my cover and was only something created when I originally set up the preorder. I was denied permission to use this image and I do not understand why it is showing up here. Can the three be merged and this cover deleted?

message 2: by Olivia (last edited Dec 18, 2018 08:45AM) (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments Hi Valerie,
two editions with the up to date cover are ebook and Kindle. These are listed separately on Goodreads and cannot be merged.

As for the previous cover - it was auto-imported from Amazon months before the publication date and than you added alternate cover edition instead of asking for the cover to be replaced, so it's been kept as a previous cover version (Goodreads lists all published versions of the cover as separate editions).

However if this cover was never used with your book we could merge this edition.

Could you please confirm that this cover was never used either for published editions or for advance reader copies (electronic or print)?

message 3: by Valerie (new) - added it

Valerie Ipson | 3 comments Yes, I confirm that this pre-publication placeholder cover was never used for any edition of my book. Thank you for allowing it to be merged.

I understand now that the ebook and print editions are listed separately? Are they appropriately connected or do I need to do anything more with them?

THANK YOU so much for your timely reply to my questions!

message 4: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments The paperback edition was not on Goodreads; I added it, it's combined with the other editions.

message 5: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments The merge is now completed.

Valerie wrote: "I understand now that the ebook and print editions are listed separately? Are they appropriately connected or do I need to do anything more with them?"

Yes, they are listed correctly - as separate editions, but combined under one book.

message 6: by Valerie (new) - added it

Valerie Ipson | 3 comments Thank you!