What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > YA/Adult Fantasy book series about a group of people travelling

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Starrisa (new)

Starrisa | 25 comments Hello, these days I really like books under the fantasy genre where a bunch of people travel together for whatever reason, (e.g. Royal Bastards by Andrew Shvarts (even though I didn't like the book, the concept was there), Grim Lovelies by Megan Shepherd etc), and I prefer series over standalones (because they end so fast XDD). Preferably at least a trilogy, though the more the merrier for me :) I don't mind if it's historical fiction or set in our current time. Thanks in advance <3

Happy book hunting!

message 2: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 441 comments One of my favorites to fit what you are looking for is Lloyd Alexander's The Prydain Chronicles. The first book is The Book of Three.

There's also the classic Oz series by L. Frank Baum. Most people know about the first book The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. What most people don't know is that there are 14 books in the series where different characters get together and travel all over exploring the wonderful world of Oz.

message 3: by Anna (new)

Anna | 207 comments How about Diana Wynne Jones The Dalemark Quartet? At least one of the books (Cart and Cwidder) has a family initially travelling together, some of whom get lost along the way, and who are joined at various stages on the journey by other characters.

There's also The Homeward Bounders by the same author, which is very different in tone, but still a great read.

message 4: by Jess (new)

Jess Penhallow | 21 comments Station Eleven is Sci-fi/dystopian but it has a fantasy feel to it IMHO. It is about a group travelling actors during the collapse of civilisation.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39310 comments Mod
Baudolino

message 7: by Starrisa (new)

Starrisa | 25 comments Thank you everyone for the suggestions! I'll be checking them out and I hope I can find one that suits me, though I'm sure all of the books are lovely <3 :)

message 10: by Sue (new)

Sue Elleker | 801 comments How about the Belgariad and Mallorean series by David Eddings? 5 books in each.https://www.fantasticfiction.com/e/da...
https://www.fantasticfiction.com/e/da...

message 11: by MJ (new)