What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

I Want My Mom!
This topic is about I Want My Mom!
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children picture book about finding mom who is (I think) a snake or sth similar (a long animal). [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Starrisa (new)

Starrisa | 25 comments Hi, I read this book quite a while back when I was in school and technically it was my teacher reading the book to me. I want to reread it to my sister if possible but I can't find it :( I can't rmb everything clearly but here are the details:

SPOILERS AHEAD (in case the spoiler tag thingy fails)

(view spoiler)

message 2: by Kris (last edited Dec 18, 2018 09:10AM) (new)

Kris | 33304 comments Mod
Starrisa, around what year did you read this book? A range of years is fine. This will help narrow down the search.

Can you describe the illustrations - realistic/cartoony/cute, simple/detailed, painted watercolors/bold graphics, sunny/dark/muted colors/black & white?

Do they remind you of another illustrator or picture book author?

message 3: by Starrisa (new)

Starrisa | 25 comments Kris wrote: "Starrisa, around what year did you read this book? A range of years is fine. This will help narrow down the search.

Can you describe the illustrations - realistic/cartoony/cute, simple/detailed, p..."

Starrisa wrote: "Hi, I read this book quite a while back when I was in school and technically it was my teacher reading the book to me. I want to reread it to my sister if possible but I can't find it :( I can't rm..."

I read this maybe around...7-8 years ago? The book is cartoony, and it has mostly coloured illustrations accompanied by a few sentences on each page. But since my memory is bad I am not 100% sure but I feellike from what I can recall the above details are mostly correct. I just feel an urge to reread it although if it can't be found then it's fine, I just want to see if anyone knows it :)

message 4: by Ayshe (new)

message 5: by Alison (new)

Alison | 31 comments Melusine by Lynne Reid Banks? Maybe too thorny a read for a teacher read-aloud.

message 6: by Starrisa (new)

Starrisa | 25 comments Ayshe wrote: "I Want My Mom! maybe?"

OMG THAT'S IT! I can't believe it's the same title (I searched on google but for some reason couldn't find it) thank you so much!! <333