Hooked on Books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > January 2019

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole (last edited Jan 04, 2019 03:26PM) (new)

Nicole Dunton (willowstarserenity) Having trouble getting through your to read shelf? Can't decide what to read next? Would you like someone to choose a book for you to read? This is a monthly challenge where participants get paired up randomly and their partner picks a book for them to read. If this sounds like fun to you, welcome to this month's Pick It For Me challenge!

Sign ups end on the 24th. Partners will be assigned shortly thereafter. Book choices for your partners are to be given on or before the 1st. Please check back often during that time to be sure that you don't miss anything!

Guidelines
** Sign up below with your to-read shelf (or the shelf you prefer your picks to come from). Please do this so I will not have to guess which one.
* Please be sure that your profile is set to public, or that you friend your partner so that they can see your shelves. - IF YOUR PROFILE IS NOT SET TO PUBLIC, PLEASE PROVIDE A LIST FOR YOUR PARTNER TO CHOOSE FROM

If you do not plan to participate or are unsure if you can pick a novel for your partner, PLEASE, PLEASE do not sign up. It is very difficult to re-pair individuals once we are underway.

After your partner selects a book for you, be sure and check back in each week or so to let us know your progress. Tell us if you like the book, love it or think it is just so-so.

1. Swaroop picks for Sammantha Message 25

2. Christine picks for Bernadette Message 22

3. Carrie (Pick TWO) picks for Swaroop Message 23

4. Bernadette picks for Carrie (Pick 2) Message 31

5. Lois picks for Kelsi Message 27

6. Sammantha picks for Kathy Message 39

7. Kathy picks for Letcia Message 24

8. Sara picks for Jill Message 21

9. Kelsi picks for Lois Message 47

10. Amber picks for Matilde Message 26

11. Matilde picks for Sam Message 20

12. Sam picks for Michelle (Must Friend To View) Message 43

13. Michelle (Must friend to view) picks for Christine Message 32

14. Jill picks for Sara Message 40

15. Siren picks for Amber Message 36

16. Leticia picks for Siren Message 28

message 4: by Bernadette (last edited Dec 26, 2018 11:01PM) (new)

message 5: by Lois (new)

Lois Lane I'm in! Two from my TBR pile please.

message 7: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Broyles | 516 comments I'm in with my "Pick-it-for-me" shelf: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 8: by Sara (new)

Sara Wortman I'm in :) Please pick from my to read shelf! https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 10: by Amber (last edited Dec 18, 2018 08:55AM) (new)

Amber I'm in.
TBR list

message 11: by matilde (new)

matilde (matiswonderland) I´m in! 1 book from my 2019 TBR
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 13: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 13 comments I'm in. Last time I did one of these it didn't go well haha. Just 1 book please (:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 14: by Jill (new)

Jill | 8 comments I'm in. My list is here

message 15: by Siren (new)

Siren | 94 comments I’ll join with my pick it for me shelf

message 16: by Leticia (new)

message 17: by Jen (new)

Jen (catlady1981) | 103 comments Is it too late to join?

message 18: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Dunton (willowstarserenity) Go ahead and join! I am late on picking partners. Been under the weather. That and christmas and technical issues lol. I will get list up and partners picked when I get off in the morning.

message 19: by matilde (new)

matilde (matiswonderland) Sam! For you I pick The Mask. It sounded really intriguing, and I hope that you enjoy it!

message 20: by Sara (new)

Sara Wortman For Jill, I pick " The Simple Wild" by K.A. Tucker. Enjoy!

message 21: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 1157 comments Bernadette - I picked Three Days Missing by Kimberly Belle

I read this book and I really liked it

message 22: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 155 comments ||Swaroop|| wrote: "Please count me in, Thanks!

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list..."

Hi Swaroop, for you I have East of Eden by John Steinbeck I haven't read it myself but it is on my tbr. :) I hope you enjoy it,

message 23: by Kathy (last edited Dec 31, 2018 02:32PM) (new)

Kathy Broyles | 516 comments For Leticia, I've selected "The Black Tides of Heaven", The Black Tides of Heaven (Tensorate, #1) by J.Y. Yang I have a copy on my TBR. I hope you enjoy it!

message 24: by Amber (new)

Amber matilde wrote: "I´m in! 1 book from my 2019 TBR

Hi Matilde!!

I chose Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe (Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, #1) by Benjamin Alire Sáenz .

It's on my TBR list and I have heard nothing but wonderful things about it.

I hope you enjoy it.

Happy New Year's Eve!

message 25: by Lois (new)

Lois Lane Kelsi wrote: "Im in. https://www.goodreads.com/review/list..."
I picked Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orïsha, #1) by Tomi Adeyemi for you. Enjoy!

message 26: by Leticia (new)

Leticia (leticiatoraci) | 416 comments Siren, for you I pick The Queen's Rising (The Queen’s Rising, #1) by Rebecca Ross
Let me know if you liked it later, since I'm planning to read it too.

message 27: by Leticia (new)

Leticia (leticiatoraci) | 416 comments Kathy wrote: "For Leticia, I've selected "The Black Tides of Heaven", The Black Tides of Heaven (Tensorate, #1) by J.Y. Yang I have a copy on my TBR. I hope you enjoy it!"

Thanks! I also have this in my TBR since last year. ;-)

message 28: by Bernadette (new)

Bernadette | 9 comments Christine wrote: "Bernadette - I picked Three Days Missing by Kimberly Belle

I read this book and I really liked it"

Hi Christine, thank you for picking a book for me, I'm not sure how, but this book isn't on the shelf I linked. Would you mind picking another book for me? I don't own this one and the library doesn't have it as well.

message 29: by Bernadette (new)

Bernadette | 9 comments Carrie wrote: "I'm in 2 from

For you I pick King's Cage (Red Queen, #3) by Victoria Aveyard and The Girl in the Ice (Detective Erika Foster, #1) by Robert Bryndza . Enjoy!

message 30: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 13 comments Christine, for you I'm choosing Murder House by James Patterson. I hope you'll like it! Let me know how it goes, or if you want me to change it or pick another.

Much love and happy new year, everyone!

message 31: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 1157 comments Oops i’m sorry Bernadette and yeah sure

Bernadette - I picked Her Every Fear by Peter Swanson

I read that book and I really liked it

message 32: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 1157 comments Michelle I was wondering if you can pick me another book please because I don’t know where that book is because I have so many books in my bookshelf lol

message 33: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 13 comments Of course. I was going to pick a Nicholas Sparks book for you, but it seems like you read him a lot. So how about let's go with Bone Cold. If that one is hard to find then here's a backup: This Star Won't Go Out. Again, let me know if anything needs to be changed. Happy reading!

message 34: by Siren (new)

Siren | 94 comments For amber, i pick unashamed by lecrae moore

message 35: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 155 comments Bernadette wrote: "Carrie wrote: "I'm in 2 from

For you I pick King's Cage (Red Queen, #3) by Victoria Aveyard and [bookcover:The Girl in the Ic..."

Thank, you are the second person to pick The Girl in the Ice for January, I think it's a sign.

message 36: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 1157 comments Aww thanks Michelle and I do love to read all of those Nicholas Sparks books

message 37: by Sammantha (new)

Sammantha (sammylouise) | 263 comments For Kathy I pick Summer Knight (The Dresden Files, #4) by Jim Butcher

message 38: by Jill (new)

Jill | 8 comments For Sara I pick Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate

message 39: by Jill (new)

Jill | 8 comments Sara ☽ wrote: "For Jill, I pick " The Simple Wild" by K.A. Tucker. Enjoy!"

Thank you!!

message 40: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Broyles | 516 comments Sammantha wrote: "For Kathy I pick Summer Knight (The Dresden Files, #4) by Jim Butcher"

Thanks! I'll add it to my January reads.

message 41: by Sam (last edited Jan 01, 2019 10:50PM) (new)

Sam  (sam222) | 67 comments Michelle wrote: "I'm in. Last time I did one of these it didn't go well haha. Just 1 book please (:

I went though ur list a few times trying to decided what top pick lol I finally decided on My Best Friend's Exorcism I've heard good things about it, hope u like :)

Ps I don't know if u know this or not but u have Gone Girl on there twice.

message 42: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 13 comments Ahh Sam I'm so sorry, I've already read (and loved) My Best Friend's Exorcism. I guess I really do need to go through my list and make sure everything's right. Again, I'm so sorry, but would you be able to pick out a different one for me? And I promise I'll fix the list as soon as I post this.

message 43: by Sam (new)

Sam  (sam222) | 67 comments Michelle wrote: "Ahh Sam I'm so sorry, I've already read (and loved) My Best Friend's Exorcism. I guess I really do need to go through my list and make sure everything's right. Again, I'm so sorry, but would you be..."

Its totally fine, but hey at least I picked one u liked right? Lol

My new choice is Ship Breaker, looks interesting 😊

message 44: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 13 comments Nice choice, I actually forgot I had that one lol. Thank you so much! I can't wait to read it!

message 45: by Kelsi (new)

Kelsi Vignola | 95 comments For Lois, I picked The Winter of the Witch (Winternight Trilogy, #3) by Katherine Arden and Escaping from Houdini (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #3) by Kerri Maniscalco

message 46: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Dunton (willowstarserenity) Congratulations! All partners have been picked for! We are looking at a fantastic 2019! See you all next month!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.