What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Shamer's Daughter (The Shamer Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about The Shamer's Daughter
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Daughter and mother has gift of reading minds/ seeing if someone is telling the truth. Daughter Has to save mother. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Denny | 2 comments It's a fantasy/ adventure book. The mother and daughter have the gift of reading minds/ reading the truth. The mother has to go and read this princes mind to see if he really did the crime he did (I think it was killing someone) but he actually didn't do it. He was framed. And because she said the truth, that he didn't do it, this evil woman who framed him tries to kill her while she's sleeping but the daughter saves her. And all I remember is the daughter is just trying to save the mother and save the prince. And she dresses up as a boy to go into the town under cover. She also had to get past dragons to get to the castle. And that's all I really remember. I believe there might have been more than one book. I remember it was super intense. I read it in fifth grade and I'm desperate to find it.

message 2: by SBC (new) - rated it 4 stars

SBC (essbeecee) | 879 comments Is it Lene Kaaberbol's The Shamer's Daughter? There are a couple of sequels (and a movie, too, I think).

Denny | 2 comments OH MY GOSH THAT'S IT!!! thank you so much

message 4: by SBC (new) - rated it 4 stars

SBC (essbeecee) | 879 comments That's great! I'm glad I could help.