What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Beautiful Player (Beautiful Bastard, #3)
This topic is about Beautiful Player
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Contemporary Romance: Woman is taught how to date / dress by brother's friend, and eventually they fall in love. Set in Manhattan, woman is a scientist / researcher / works in a lab. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Obar (new)

Obar | 2 comments I read this book a few years ago, probably 2015. It's a contemporary romance novel set in Manhattan. The protagonist is a woman who is a scientist or a graduate student (she works in a lab) - and so has spent a lot of time studying / working instead of dating. Her brother's friend (I think!) also lives in Manhattan, so the friend checks in on the protagonist and then "teaches" her how to date. I remember the book includes mentions of the two of them going for runs in Central Park. There is also a mention of a bar called Bathtub Gin. The man also introduces the protagonist to his friends and their girlfriends. I think the girlfriends take the protagonist out shopping or to brunch / drinks.

It was a really cute and fun read, so any idea of what this book might be called would be so helpful! Thanks in advance.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34340 comments Mod
Beautiful Player by Christina Lauren matches your description. "The Bathtub Gin was small speakeasy in Chelsea." (p. 362, Google Books preview)

Google search -- site:www.goodreads.com "contemporary romance" manhattan "graduate student" "how to date"

message 3: by Obar (new)

Obar | 2 comments Wow that's it! Thanks so much :) I'm excited to read this again

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34340 comments Mod
Great. Glad you found your book, Obar.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Beautiful Player (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Christina Lauren (other topics)