Mount TBR 2019 discussion

Level 4: Mt. Ararat (48 books) > Alicia’s Climb???

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alicia (new)

Alicia McGuire | 18 comments This is my first year participating and I have to say that I have, in the past, only somewhat kept up with what I read when. So with me...well, I realized just how many unread books I had on my shelves when I was forced to catalog them and pack up most of 7 overstuffed bookshelves and put all but 2 full (but not overflowing) into storage to make room in my bedroom for, well, my clothes and bed. Gotta love moving to a smaller space to save money...anyway, I digress. I discovered a minimum of 400 out of 945 (then I quit with the catalog with 2 shelves to go) that I had not yet read.

I am going to start with 48 books, but I am hoping to read 1 to 2 books a week in the coming year and actually keep track of what I read when.

message 2: by Alicia (new)

Alicia McGuire | 18 comments I am hoping to start the new year off with a new to me author. I intend for my first read to be Leviathan Wakes by James S A Corey.

message 3: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) Best wishes to you, and welcome to the climbing team!

I have The Expanse series on my list. My husband has read the first two, but I haven't started yet... Love the TV show, though. I hope you enjoy Leviathan Wakes!

message 4: by Bev (new)

Bev | 702 comments Mod
So glad you're joining us for 2019! Good luck with your climb!

message 5: by Alicia (new)

Alicia McGuire | 18 comments 1. Leviathan Wakes
2. The Red Knight
3. Promise of Blood
4. The Black Prism
5. The Name of the Wind
6. Night Angel
7. Bitterblue
8. Lux: Beginnings
9. Royal Assassin
10. Tiger’s Voyage
11. The Shelters of Stone
12. Theft of Swords

This is my list of the top 12 books I want to read in 2019 that are 500 pages plus.

I also want to read the complete Chronicles of Ixia series by Maria Snyder. I think there are 9 books in that series that I have and have not yet read. I started the first one and enjoyed what I read of it, but I was distracted by work, so I didn’t have time to finish it before I had to return it to the library, but now I own them.

I also want to read some sci-fi books, a couple of classic novels (like Wuthering Heights that I was supposed to read in high school), and read the Six of Crows duology (finally).

message 6: by Natália (new)

Natália Lopes (silkcaramel) | 104 comments Amazing book choices! I also have The Name of The Wind and the Chronicles of Ixia series on my TBR, waiting to be read! Maybe 2019 is their year!

message 7: by Darci (new)

Darci (girlbetweenthepages) | 58 comments I have The Name of the Wind on my TBR as well! Good luck with your mountain!

message 8: by Alicia (new)

Alicia McGuire | 18 comments Just a few days left of the year and I have to say that I am so very excited about the new year—and also scared. This new year is bringing so many new changes in my life that I’m excited and terrified at the same time. In the next month or two,
I am launching a new business and becoming a homemaker for my son and ensuring that I am there for my son when he needs me, something I couldn’t do with my previous job.

This year I want to up my reading and up my keeping track of everything, especially as I finalize my business plans and launch it. This is definitely the most daring and difficult thing I have attempted to do in the last 10 years.

message 9: by Bev (new)

Bev | 702 comments Mod
Alicia, best of luck to you with everything you've got coming in the new year. Hope your business gets up and running smoothly!

message 10: by Alicia (new)

Alicia McGuire | 18 comments Alright, I started off my year finishing the book I had started just before the new year. It was Born of Shadows by Sherrilyn Kenyon. My copy had 418 pages and I was only about 100 pages in when the new year started.

I have read about 64 pages of Leviathan Wakes by James S A Corey so far, and I am about 114 pages into Rose Daughter by Robin McKinley. I think I’m a starting my year off strong.

message 11: by Alicia (new)

Alicia McGuire | 18 comments Alright...I have just finished my second book of the year in just over a 24 hour timeframe—mostly because I had work to do.

2. Rose Daughter by Robin McKinley. 287 pages. I rated it at 4 stars, though it was more like 4.5 stars for me.

message 12: by Alicia (new)

Alicia McGuire | 18 comments 3. Born of Silence by Sherrilyn Kenyon

I’m actually shocked that I went through this book as quickly as I possibly could. I posted a review on this book and I have to say that this year has started out to be a very good reading year for me. I have enjoyed about every book I have finished so far.

message 13: by Alicia (new)

Alicia McGuire | 18 comments 4. From Dead to Worse by Charlaine Harris
5. Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris
6. Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris
7. Born of Fury by Sherrilyn Kenyon

message 14: by Alicia (new)

Alicia McGuire | 18 comments 8. Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris

message 15: by Alicia (new)

Alicia McGuire | 18 comments 9. Lux Beginnings by Jennifer L. Armentrout

message 16: by Alicia (new)

Alicia McGuire | 18 comments Been a bit since I updated where I was on my climb. Let’s see...
10. Lux: Consequences by Jennifer L. Armentrout
11. Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost
12. One Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene Frost
13. At Grave’s End by Jeaniene Frost
14. First Drop of Crimson by Jeaniene Frost
15. Eternal Kiss of Darkness by Jeaniene Frost

message 17: by Alicia (new)

Alicia McGuire | 18 comments 16. Howl’s Moving Castle

message 18: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 110 comments Crazy fast progress Alicia. Good going!

message 19: by Alicia (new)

Alicia McGuire | 18 comments 17. Soulless by Gail Carriger
18. Rebel of the Sands
19. Traitor to the Throne
20. Shadows
21. Passengers
22. Fire Inside
23. Sunshine
24. Daughter of the Pirate King
25. The Bewitched Viking

message 20: by Alicia (new)

Alicia McGuire | 18 comments That was all in February and March. Now I am reading books I have bought this year and so I will not be progressing nearly as much.
And I am certain I am in a reading slump.

message 21: by Alicia (new)

Alicia McGuire | 18 comments Wow, five months of silence and all I can say is that my goals? Down the drain. But I have finally read Illuminae, and now I wonder why I waited so long to pick it up.

message 22: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) There's still time left in the year, you can do it!

message 23: by Bev (new)

Bev | 702 comments Mod
Hoping you were able to get back to the climb!