It's the shizKNIT!!! discussion

Knitting Podcasts

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by LeeAnn (new)

LeeAnn | 7 comments I got an iPhone a couple months ago, my first iPod-ish product, and I'm dipping my toes into the podcast world for the first time with the Knit Picks podcast. I also picked up The Splendid Table from Minnesota Public Radio because I miss that lovely show so much since they stopped airing it on Wisconsin Public Radio.

What podcasts do you subscribe to/recommend? I'm not really sure yet how many podcasts I'll keep up with or how it'll all work out, but I figure I'll find a flow that works after a couple weeks. For now, the more the merrier!

message 2: by Kerissa (new)

Kerissa Ward (kerissaward) | 3 comments My favorite podcasts are not knitting-related, but are great to listen to while knitting. I usually listen to This American Life, Fresh Air, Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, and the TV Guide podcast.

message 3: by OssifrageRage (new)

OssifrageRage My favorite podcasts are also not knitting related but lit realated :

EscapePod (science fiction short stories)
PseudoPod(horror short stories)
and the soon to be 'broadcasting' PodCastle(fantasy short stories)

I also love TAL, as well as WNYC's RadioLab (kind of like TAL).

Saving the best for last:

Podiobooks -- books in podcast form! Updates like a podcast as new 'chapters' are released, or find complete books and download all the sections at once. Did I mention it's totally free?

message 4: by Sally (new)

Sally | 1 comments Hi There,
I just found Goodreads. Yikes, I thought I spent a lot of time on ravelry, now my second love...books.

For podcasts I like
Knitmore girls
Never Not knitting
Ready Set Knit
Knit Naturally
Knitting Rose

To name a few,
Sally
(Librarynana on ravelry)

message 5: by Tammy (last edited Feb 09, 2009 06:17AM) (new)

Tammy (darthknitter) I listen to Stash and Burn, and also Knit Picks, but a friend (anxiousdog on Ravelry) and I (DarthKnitter) also host a Christian Knitting podcast called Knit Together.

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 4 comments HA! I love this thread:
Wait Wait Don't Tell Me
All Music Considered
This American Life
Skeptics Guide to The Universe
Skepchicks
Astronomy Cast
365 Days of Astronomy - for the IYA!
Pseudopod
This Week in Science

Hmmm..You'd think I would get more knitting done but I listen to them while walking around too.

message 7: by Mary (new)

Mary I know I'm late to this party, but I have to plug my favorite knitting and book podcast - CraftLit. There's knitting talk at the front and then current chapter discussion, followed by about 1/2 hour (at least)of chapters from an ongoing book. Currently, she is doing The Woman in White. It's the best of both worlds!