SBTB Goodreads Group discussion

Challenges > January - March 2019 Quarterly Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 66 (66 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Amanda (last edited Jan 01, 2019 09:13PM) (new)

Amanda D. (tinyminx) | 207 comments Mod
This quarterly challenge features five themed tasks per month, totaling fifteen tasks total.

Duration: January 1 - March 31

Instructions:

There are five tasks per month.

Tasks can be completed in any order. For example, you can read a book in January that satisfies a March task. The months are only there to serve as task inspiration.

Only one book can be used per task. If a book fulfills two tasks, you'll have to choose!

Books can only be used if they were started and finished during the challenge's time frame.

Please post in this thread if you have any questions!

JANUARY
1. New Year: Read a new-to-you author or start a new series.
2. So Long 2018:: Read a book published last year.
3. Got Any Hangover Cures?: Read a book with a bartender character.
4. National Spouses Day: Read a book with a couple who are or were married. (Estranged is a-okay!)
5. Reader's Choice: Read whatever you like!

FEBRUARY
1. Shortest Month: Read a novella or book under 100 pages.
2. Word of Mouth: Read a book that was recommend to you via a friend, website, etc.
Love is in the Air: Read a book with a matchmaker.
4. Groundhog Day: Reread an old favorite or read a book by a favorite author.
5. Presidents’ Day: Read a book with a character involved in politics.

MARCH
1. Carnival: Read a book with any kind of celebration featured.
2. Women’s Day: Read a book with a heroine who you find admirable. Tell us why!
3. Daylight Savings Time (Spring Forward): Read the NEXT book in a series you’ve started.
4. Is Spring Here?: Read a book with plant life on the cover. Include the cover when completed, please.
5. Pi Day: Read a book with a character who has a job in STEM.

message 2: by Critterbee❇ (last edited Mar 14, 2019 10:56AM) (new)

Critterbee❇ (critterbee) | 251 comments Happy New Year! Thanks, Amanda, time to start planning!
Completed!
JANUARY
1. New Year: When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon ❇❇❇❇❇
2. So Long 2018: Iron and Magic by Ilona Andrews❇❇❇❇
3. Got Any Hangover Cures? Gilgamesh Gardner & Maier Translation ❇❇❇❇
4. National Spouses Day: A Doll's House and Other Plays by Henrik Ibsen ❇❇❇❇
5. Reader's Choice: The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova ❇❇❇❇
When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon Iron and Magic (The Iron Covenant, #1) by Ilona Andrews Gilgamesh by Anonymous A Doll's House and Other Plays by Henrik Ibsen The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
FEBRUARY
1. Shortest Month: Be Not Afraid by Alyssa Cole ❇❇❇❇
2. Word of Mouth: The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper by Phaedra Patrick ❇❇❇
Love is in the Air: Read a book with a matchmaker. 29 Dates ❇❇❇
4. Groundhog Day: Jane Doe by Victoria Helen Stone ❇❇❇❇❇
5. Presidents’ Day: A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles ❇❇❇
Be Not Afraid by Alyssa Cole The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper by Phaedra Patrick 29 Dates by Melissa de la Cruz Jane Doe by Victoria Helen Stone A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
MARCH
1. Carnival: Solo by Kwame Alexander ❇❇❇ Graduation, Record release launch party
2. Women’s Day: Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating by Christina Lauren ❇❇❇ Hazel is unapologetically herself, loves herself, knows her strengths, is unique, kind, loyal, creative and really grabs life by the balloons.
3. Daylight Savings Time(Spring Forward):A Symphony of Echoes by Jodi Taylor ❇❇❇❇
4. Is Spring Here?: Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire ❇❇❇❇
5. Pi Day: Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne ❇❇❇
Solo by Kwame Alexander Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating by Christina Lauren A Symphony of Echoes (The Chronicles of St. Mary's, #2) by Jodi Taylor Every Heart a Doorway (Wayward Children, #1) by Seanan McGuire Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea (Extraordinary Voyages, #6) by Jules Verne

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Happy New Year to you too, Critterbee! Happy reading!

message 4: by Laure (last edited Feb 28, 2019 11:00AM) (new)

Laure I'm pushing to finish my last two books for the "Word Search" challenge, but looking forward to starting this one in January!

15/15

JANUARY
1. New Year: The Witch of Willow Hall by Hester Fox (1/25)
2. So Long 2018: Women of the Dunes by Sarah Maine (2/2)
3. Got Any Hangover Cures?: Heat Exchange by Shannon Stacey (1/10)
4. National Spouses Day: After I Do by Taylor Jenkins Reid (1/7)
5. Reader's Choice: Autoboyography by Christina Lauren (2/5)

The Witch of Willow Hall by Hester Fox Women of the Dunes by Sarah Maine After I Do by Taylor Jenkins Reid Heat Exchange (Boston Fire, #1) by Shannon Stacey Autoboyography by Christina Lauren

FEBRUARY
1. Shortest Month: Tikka Chance on Me by Suleikha Snyder (1/2)
2. Word of Mouth: Tell Me More: Stories about the 12 Hardest Things I'm Learning to Say by Kelly Corrigan (2/19)
Love is in the Air: The Matchmaker's List by Sonya Lalli (2/18)
4. Groundhog Day: Nearly a Lady by Alissa Johnson (2/10) a favorite author
5. Presidents’ Day: The Residence: Inside the Private World of the White House by Kate Andersen Brower (1/31)
Tikka Chance on Me by Suleikha Snyder Tell Me More Stories about the 12 Hardest Things I'm Learning to Say by Kelly Corrigan The Matchmaker's List by Sonya Lalli Nearly a Lady (Haverston Family Trilogy Book 1) by Alissa Johnson The Residence Inside the Private World of the White House by Kate Andersen Brower

MARCH
1. Carnival: Time's Convert by Deborah Harkness --July 4th/fireworks show (1/18)
2. Women’s Day: My Favorite Half-Night Stand by Christina Lauren (2/13) I debated on this one, because Millie does something really awful in the book, but she ultimately comes clean, makes amends, and begins to confront the aspects of her personality/past trauma that led to the Big Issue. As someone who also has a hard time "opening up," I appreciated the courage and determination it took Millie to be willing to change. It was also refreshing to read about a more emotionally-distant heroine and emotionally-fluent hero for once.
3. Daylight Savings Time (Spring Forward): Deep Dark (Tracers #10) by Laura Griffin (1/21)
4. Is Spring Here?: Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones (1/4)
5. Pi Day: A Perilous Undertaking by Deanna Raybourn (1/13) Veronica is a lepidopterist

Time's Convert by Deborah Harkness My Favorite Half-Night Stand by Christina Lauren Deep Dark (Tracers, #10) by Laura Griffin Wintersong (Wintersong, #1) by S. Jae-Jones A Perilous Undertaking (Veronica Speedwell, #2) by Deanna Raybourn

reply | flag *

message 5: by The Bookstore Vixen (last edited Mar 23, 2019 09:34AM) (new)

The Bookstore Vixen  (thebookstorevixen) | 31 comments Thanks, looking forward to getting my new year of reading started!!

JANUARY
✔ 1. New Year: Read a new-to-you author or start a new series.
Royally Screwed by Emma Chase

✔ 2. So Long 2018:: Read a book published last year.
A Brush with Shadows by Anna Lee Huber

✔ 3. Got Any Hangover Cures?: Read a book with a bartender character.
Taking a Shot by Jaci Burton

✔ 4. National Spouses Day: Read a book with a couple are or were married. (Estranged is a-okay!)
An Affair Before Christmas by Eloisa James

✔ 5. Reader's Choice: Read whatever you like!
Not Quite a Husband by Sherry Thomas

Royally Screwed (Royally, #1) by Emma Chase A Brush with Shadows (Lady Darby Mystery #6) by Anna Lee Huber Taking a Shot (Play by Play, #3) by Jaci Burton An Affair Before Christmas (Desperate Duchesses, #2) by Eloisa James Not Quite a Husband (The Marsdens, #2) by Sherry Thomas

FEBRUARY
✔ 1. Shortest Month: Read a novella or book under 100 pages.
Besieged by Jaid Black

✔ 2. Word of Mouth: Read a book that was recommend to you via a friend, website, etc.
The Hating Game by Sally Thorne -- I'm joining the fan-girl bandwagon on the book you guys. I loved this book so much, I could die.

✔ 3. 
Three Blind Dates by Meghan Quinn

✔ 4. Groundhog Day: Reread an old favorite or read a book by a favorite author.
Dangerous Passion by Lisa Marie Rice

✔ 5. Presidents’ Day: Read a book with a character involved in politics.
First Lady by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

Besieged (Vikings Underground, #1) by Jaid Black The Hating Game by Sally Thorne Three Blind Dates (Dating by Numbers, #1) by Meghan Quinn Dangerous Passion (Dangerous, #3) by Lisa Marie Rice First Lady (Wynette, Texas, #3) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

MARCH
✔ 1. Carnival: Read a book with any kind of celebration featured.
Reckoning by Jeaniene Frost (Mardi Gras)

✔ 2. Women’s Day: Read a book with a heroine who you find admirable. Tell us why!
Shakespeares Landlord by Charlaine Harris (The heroine has survived a horrendous rape in her past and instead of letting it change her for the worse, she's focused on becoming stronger both mentally and physically)

✔ 3. Daylight Savings Time (Spring Forward): Read the NEXT book in a series you’ve started.
Darling Beast by Elizabeth Hoyt

✔ 4. Is Spring Here?: Read a book with plant life on the cover. Include the cover when completed, please.
A Duke in Shining Armor by Loretta Chase

✔ 5. Pi Day: Read a book with a character who has a job in STEM.
Loving Daylights by Lyndsay Sands (heroine works in technology development for a spy organization)

Reckoning (Night Huntress, #0.5) by Jeaniene Frost Shakespeare's Landlord (Lily Bard, #1) by Charlaine Harris Darling Beast (Maiden Lane, #7) by Elizabeth Hoyt A Duke in Shining Armor (Difficult Dukes, #1) by Loretta Chase The Loving Daylights by Lynsay Sands

message 6: by Harmonyb (last edited Mar 30, 2019 12:37PM) (new)

Harmonyb | 19 comments Challenge Complete! 15/15

JANUARY
1. New Year: Fired Up (1/24) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
2. So Long 2018: Of Blood and Bone (2/24) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
3. Got Any Hangover Cures?: Imperial Stout (2/11) ⭐️⭐️⭐️
4. National Spouses Day: Stealing Mr. Right (3/30) ⭐️⭐️⭐️
5. Reader's Choice: Crooked Kingdom (1/31) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Fired Up (Fever Falls, #1) by Riley Hart Of Blood and Bone (Chronicles of The One, #2) by Nora Roberts Imperial Stout (Trouble Brewing, #1) by Layla Reyne Stealing Mr. Right (Penelope Blue, #1) by Tamara Morgan Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2) by Leigh Bardugo

FEBRUARY
1. Shortest Month: Tikka Chance on Me (1/20) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
2. Word of Mouth: The Hating Game (2/2) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Love is in the Air: The Matchmaker's Playbook (2/26) ⭐️⭐️⭐️
4. Groundhog Day: Jane Doe (2/6) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
5. Presidents’ Day:Enemies of the State (2/10) ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Tikka Chance on Me by Suleikha Snyder The Hating Game by Sally Thorne The Matchmaker's Playbook (Wingmen Inc., #1) by Rachel Van Dyken Jane Doe by Victoria Helen Stone Enemies of the State (The Executive Office #1) by Tal Bauer

MARCH
1. Carnival: Snowspelled Winter solstice ceremony and celebration (2/17) ⭐️⭐️⭐️
2. Women’s Day: The Hollow of Fear (2/8) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
3. Daylight Savings Time (Spring Forward): The Prophecy Con (1/25) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
4. Is Spring Here?: Once Upon a Marquess (3/18) ⭐️⭐️⭐️
5. Pi Day: The Lady's Guide to Petticoats and Piracy (2/9) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Snowspelled (The Harwood Spellbook, #1) by Stephanie Burgis The Hollow of Fear (Lady Sherlock, #3) by Sherry Thomas The Prophecy Con (Rogues of the Republic, #2) by Patrick Weekes Once Upon a Marquess (The Worth Saga #1) by Courtney Milan The Lady's Guide to Petticoats and Piracy (Montague Siblings, #2) by Mackenzi Lee

message 7: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Burroughs (pooks) | 9 comments I'm notorious for thinking I can Do All the Things and then forgetting about most of them, but this looks like fun. So I'm going to at least stick my neck out and see if I can handle it with my writing!

Am I supposed to list all of them here in this box and then update it as I read the books? Or...?

message 8: by Amanda (new)

Patricia wrote: "I'm notorious for thinking I can Do All the Things and then forgetting about most of them, but this looks like fun. So I'm going to at least stick my neck out and see if I can handle it with my wri..."

You can do that! Or you can just keep track in a word doc and post when you're finished. I like updating as I go along with challenges.

message 9: by HeatherMarie (last edited Mar 14, 2019 06:58AM) (new)

HeatherMarie (heathermariereads) | 66 comments Cool challenge. Thanks for hosting!

🎉 15 / 15🎉

JANUARY
✔️1. New Year: Off the Menu R🎧2/15
✔️2. So Long 2018: Let's Talk About Love O🎧 1/27
✔️3. Got Any Hangover Cures?: Stay with MeO🎧 3/14
✔️4. National Spouses Day: The Cocoa Conspiracy RB🎧 3/4
✔️5. Reader's Choice: Null and VoidR🎧 1/13

FEBRUARY
✔️1. Shortest Month: Retrosexual📱2/20
✔️2. Word of Mouth: LegsR🎧 1/4
✔️3. 
Love is in the Air: Alpha Star📱 1/5
✔️4. Groundhog Day: Why Not TonightO🎧 1/14
5. Presidents’ Day: American QueenR🎧
✔️5. The Earl I Ruined 1/21

MARCH
✔️1. Carnival: Mischief📱2/19
✔️2. Women’s Day: Sweet Gone SouthO🎧
(Heroine is a candy maker) 1/1
✔️3. Daylight Savings Time (Spring Forward): Blush for MeO🎧 1/2
✔️4. Is Spring Here?: The Greatest Love Story Ever ToldO🎧2/15
✔️5. Pi Day: Being Green📱1/11

Off the Menu by Stacey Ballis Let's Talk About Love by Claire Kann Stay with Me (Wait for You, #3) by J. Lynn The Cocoa Conspiracy (A Lady Arianna Regency Mystery #2) by Andrea Penrose Null and Void (Royal States, #1) by Susan Copperfield Retrosexual (Frisky Beavers, #0) by Ainsley Booth Legs (One Wild Wish, #1) by Kelly Siskind Alpha Star (Big Sky Alien Mail Order Brides, #1; Intergalactic Dating Agency, #3) by Elsa Jade Why Not Tonight (Happily Inc., #3) by Susan Mallery American Queen (New Camelot Trilogy, #1) by Sierra Simone Mischief (The Original Sinners #8.5) by Tiffany Reisz Sweet Gone South (Love Gone South Book 1) by Alicia Hunter Pace Blush for Me (Fusion, #3) by Kristen Proby The Greatest Love Story Ever Told by Megan Mullally Being Green (Cyborg Sizzle, #1.5) by Cynthia Sax The Earl I Ruined (The Secrets of Charlotte Street, #2) by Scarlett Peckham

message 10: by Anne Boleyn's Ghost (last edited Mar 24, 2019 06:47PM) (new)

Anne Boleyn's Ghost | 27 comments I may have squealed when I saw that new challenges had been posted. I totally dig these. They help expand my literary horizons while keeping reading fun and fresh.

Amanda, thank you for organizing. Happy reading, all!

15/15

JANUARY
Die For Me (For Me #1) Cynthia Eden
2. So Long 2018: Read a book published last year.
Jane Doe Victoria Helen Stone
Saving the CEO Jenny Holiday
4. National Spouses Day: Read a book with a couple are or were married. (Estranged is a-okay!)
The Tycoon's Socialite Bride Tracey Livesay
Hurts to Love You Alisha Rai
Die For Me (For Me, #1) by Cynthia Eden Jane Doe by Victoria Helen Stone Saving the CEO (49th Floor, #1) by Jenny Holiday The Tycoon's Socialite Bride (In Love with a Tycoon, #1) by Tracey Livesay Hurts to Love You (Forbidden Hearts, #3) by Alisha Rai

FEBRUARY
Cinnamon Blade: Knife in Shining Armor Shira Glassman
2. Word of Mouth: Read a book that was recommend to you via a friend, website, etc.
The Ones Who Got Away Roni Loren
Duping Cupid Gina Ardito
Enemies of the State Tal Bauer
Seek & Find Megan Linden
Cinnamon Blade Knife in Shining Armor by Shira Glassman The Ones Who Got Away (The Ones Who Got Away, #1) by Roni Loren Duping Cupid by Gina Ardito Enemies of the State (The Executive Office #1) by Tal Bauer Seek & Find (DC Files #1) by Megan Linden

MARCH
No Time Like Mardi Gras Kimberly Lang
Indigo Beverly Jenkins
3. Daylight Savings Time (Spring Forward): Read the NEXT book in a series you’ve started.
Fear For Me: A Novel of the Bayou Butcher (For Me #2) Cynthia Eden
4. Is Spring Here?: Read a book with plant life on the cover. Include the cover when completed, please.
When The Devil Wants In Cate Ashwood, J.H. Knight
Beginner's Guide: Love and Other Chemical Reactions Six de los Reyes
No Time Like Mardi Gras (One Night in New Orleans #1) by Kimberly Lang Indigo by Beverly Jenkins Fear For Me A Novel of the Bayou Butcher (For Me, #2) by Cynthia Eden When The Devil Wants In by Cate Ashwood Beginner's Guide Love and Other Chemical Reactions by Six de los Reyes

message 11: by Amanda (new)

You're all so incredibly welcome!

message 12: by Sarena (last edited Mar 29, 2019 12:59PM) (new)

Sarena | 26 comments 9/15

JANUARY
Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating by Christina Lauren
4. National Spouses Day: Read a book with a couple are or were married.
Connections in Death by J.D. Robb
You'd Be Mine by Erin Hahn
Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating by Christina Lauren Connections in Death (In Death, #48) by J.D. Robb You'd Be Mine by Erin Hahn

FEBRUARY
Peachy Flippin' Keen by Molly Harper
If The Dress Fits by Carla de Guzman
3. Love is in the Air: Read a book with a matchmaker.
Prisoner of Night by J.R. Ward
Peachy Flippin' Keen (Southern Eclectic, #1.5) by Molly Harper If The Dress Fits by Carla de Guzman Prisoner of Night (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #16.5) by J.R. Ward

MARCH
A Perilous Undertaking by Deanna Rayburn
4. Is Spring Here?: Read a book with plant life on the cover.
Born in Shame by Nora Roberts
A Curious Beginning by Deanna Rayburn - Heroine is lepidopterist
A Perilous Undertaking (Veronica Speedwell, #2) by Deanna Raybourn Born in Shame (Born In, #3) by Nora Roberts A Curious Beginning (Veronica Speedwell, #1) by Deanna Raybourn

message 13: by Sabrina (last edited Mar 31, 2019 10:58PM) (new)

Sabrina West | 52 comments Yay new challenge!
15/15
Finished 3/31 (at 9 pm, eesh)

JANUARY
Stray by Andrea K. Höst. Finished 1/16 ★★★★★
Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi. Finished 3/22 ★★
3. Got Any Hangover Cures?: Read a book with a bartender character. Finished 2/16 ★★★★
99 Percent Mine by Sally Thorne
4. National Spouses Day: Read a book with a couple are or were married. (Estranged is a-okay!)
Listen to the Moon by Rose Lerner. Finished 1/10 ★★★★★
Lab Rat One by Andrea K. Höst. Finished 1/17 ★★★★★
Stray (Touchstone, #1) by Andrea K. Höst Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orïsha, #1) by Tomi Adeyemi 99 Percent Mine by Sally Thorne Listen to the Moon (Lively St. Lemeston, #3) by Rose Lerner Lab Rat One (Touchstone, #2) by Andrea K. Höst

FEBRUARY
The Only Harmless Great Thing by Brooke Bolander. Finished 1/9 ★★★★
The Book of M by Peng Shepherd (recommended by the BookSmugglers). Finished 3/31 ★★★★★
How to Marry a Duke by Vicky Dreiling. Finished 1/31 ★★★
Dragonsong by Anne McCaffrey. Finished 3/14 ★★★★★
A Queen from the North by Erin McRae. Finished 2/13 ★★★★
The Only Harmless Great Thing by Brooke Bolander The Book of M by Peng Shepherd How to Marry a Duke (How To #1) by Vicky Dreiling Dragonsong (Pern Harper Hall #1) by Anne McCaffrey A Queen from the North (Royal Roses #1) by Erin McRae

MARCH
The Belles by Dhonielle Clayton. So many parties! Finished 2/8 ★★★
A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab. Lila is a total badass. For starters, she brazened her way onto a privateering ship and earned a spot on the crew by sheer bravado - and kept it through sheer awesomeness. (ETA: Okay, at the end of the book, I'm not thrilled with all Lila's actions).
Finished 3/22 ★★★
The Warrior's Apprentice by Lois McMaster Bujold. Finished 3/31 ★★★
Gullstruck Island by Frances Hardinge.
Finished 1/10 ★★★★★
Blackout by Connie Willis. I have decided that time-travelling historians count as a STEM job, because they need to know the theory and rules of time travel. :D
Finished 3/25 ★★★★
The Belles (The Belles #1) by Dhonielle Clayton A Gathering of Shadows (Shades of Magic, #2) by V.E. Schwab The Warrior's Apprentice (Vorkosigan Saga, #2) by Lois McMaster Bujold Gullstruck Island by Frances Hardinge Blackout (All Clear, #1) by Connie Willis

message 14: by Stephanie (last edited Feb 24, 2019 11:39AM) (new)

Stephanie | 12 comments Back into these challenges. Thanks Amanda for another great one!

6/15

JANUARY
1. New Year:Wilder by Rebecca Yarros (1/13) ★★★
3. Got Any Hangover Cures? Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows by Balli Jaswal (2/1) ★★★
4. National Spouses Day:
5. Reader's Choice : The Dry by Jane Harper (2/24) ★★★

Wilder (The Renegades, #1) by Rebecca Yarros Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows by Balli Kaur Jaswal The Dry (Aaron Falk, #1) by Jane Harper

FEBRUARY

MARCH
2. Women’s Day: Circe by Madeline Miller (1/4) ★★★★★
Circe is a goddess who survived a terrible family and made a life for herself outside of their world. She literally defied the gods and made it into history by telling Odysseus what was what. A feminist and a heroine!
4. Is Spring Here?: The Shortest Way Home by Miriam Parker (1/17) ★★
5. Pi Day: Read a book with a character who has a job in STEM. My Favorite Half-Night Stand by Christina Lauren (2/8) ★★ (grading on the Christina Lauren curve, this one was blah)

Circe by Madeline Miller The Shortest Way Home by Miriam Parker My Favorite Half-Night Stand by Christina Lauren

message 15: by Claire (last edited Mar 24, 2019 02:29PM) (new)

Claire (cacromwell) | 24 comments Excited for another year of challenges!

JANUARY
1. New Year: Read a new-to-you author or start a new series. Rules for a Rogue (new to me author AND first in a series!)
2. So Long 2018:: Read a book published last year. Edge of Eon (published December 9th, 2018)
3. Got Any Hangover Cures?: Read a book with a bartender character. Tikka Chance on Me (heroine tends bar at her family restaurant, and later at a different pub)
4. National Spouses Day: Read a book with a couple are or were married. (Estranged is a-okay!) Lord and Lady Spy (Hero and heroine are married spies!)
5. Reader's Choice: Read whatever you like! Lady Notorious (yay, new book!)

1. Rules for a Rogue (Romancing the Rules, #1) by Christy Carlyle 2. Edge of Eon (Eon Warriors, #1) by Anna Hackett 3. Tikka Chance on Me by Suleikha Snyder 4. Lord and Lady Spy (Lord and Lady Spy, #1) by Shana Galen 5. Lady Notorious (Royal Rewards, #4) by Theresa Romain

FEBRUARY
1. Shortest Month: Read a novella or book under 100 pages. The Spy Wore Blue (Kindle edition is 89 pages)
2. Word of Mouth: Read a book that was recommend to you via a friend, website, etc. The Marquess of Cake (found it on SBTB!)
Love is in the Air: Read a book with a matchmaker. Alpha Star (International Dating Agency!)
4. Groundhog Day: Reread an old favorite or read a book by a favorite author. The Alien's Mail-Order Bride (love Ruby Dixon!)
5. Presidents’ Day: Read a book with a character involved in politics. A Princess in Theory (hero is a prince and goes to several political meetings over the course of the book)

1. The Spy Wore Blue (Lord and Lady Spy, #1.5) by Shana Galen 2. The Marquess of Cake (Redcakes, #1) by Heather Hiestand 3. Alpha Star (Big Sky Alien Mail Order Brides, #1; Intergalactic Dating Agency, #3) by Elsa Jade 4. The Alien's Mail-Order Bride (Mail-Order Brides, #1) by Ruby Dixon 5. A Princess in Theory (Reluctant Royals, #1) by Alyssa Cole

MARCH
1. Carnival: Read a book with any kind of celebration featured. The Midwinter Mail-Order Bride (Midwinter celebration, similar to Christmas)
2. Women’s Day: Read a book with a heroine who you find admirable. Tell us why! Tempest (Regan is a pretty amazing heroine, who takes on being a mail-order bride as an adventure, stands up for herself and those around her, and manages to effect quite a lot of change in a small town at a time when it was hard to be a woman, much less a black woman.)
3. Daylight Savings Time (Spring Forward): Read the NEXT book in a series you’ve started. Willa's Beast (Book #3 in the Icehome series)
4. Is Spring Here?: Read a book with plant life on the cover. Include the cover when completed, please. How to Woo a Wallflower (trees, grass, AND flowers!)
5. Pi Day: Read a book with a character who has a job in STEM. Lady Claire Is All That (Heroine authors a paper on the analytical engine)

1. The Midwinter Mail-Order Bride (The Dead Lands, #1; Mail-Order Brides, #4) by Kati Wilde 2. Tempest (Old West, #3) by Beverly Jenkins 3. Willa's Beast (Icehome, #3) by Ruby Dixon 4. How to Woo a Wallflower (Romancing the Rules, #3) by Christy Carlyle 5. Lady Claire Is All That (Keeping Up with the Cavendishes, #3) by Maya Rodale

message 16: by Jae (last edited Mar 06, 2019 10:04AM) (new)

Jae | 127 comments JANUARY
1. Feb 9 New Year: Read a new-to-you author or start a new series.
Song of Oestend by Marie Sexton
2. Jan 3 So Long 2018:: Read a book published last year.
Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor
3. Jan 9 Got Any Hangover Cures: Read a book with a bartender character.
Tikka Chance on Me by Suleikha Snyder
4. Feb 7 National Spouses Day: Read a book with a couple are or were married. (Estranged is a-okay!)
The Player by Stella Riley
5. Jan 21 Reader's Choice: Read whatever you like!
The Mésalliance by Stella Riley

FEBRUARY
1. Feb 3 Shortest Month: Read a novella or book under 100 pages.
Cinder Ella by S. T. Lynn
2. Feb 21 Word of Mouth: Read a book that was recommend to you via a friend, website, etc.
The Royal We by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan
Feb 12 Love is in the Air: Read a book with a matchmaker.
The Best Medicine by Tracy Brogan
4. Jan 15 Groundhog Day: Reread an old favorite or read a book by a favorite author.
Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs
5. Jan 27 Presidents’ Day: Read a book with a character involved in politics.
Nothing Less Than Love by Vanessa Grant (main guy is the mayor of a small Canadian town)

MARCH
1. Mar 1 Carnival: Read a book with any kind of celebration featured.
Ever After by Jude Deveraux
2. Jan 17 Women’s Day: Read a book with a heroine who you find admirable.
The One You Fight For by Roni Loren
Taryn is psychology professor trying to use her own major tragedy to help others by developing a meaningful way to stop school gun violence.
3. Jan 17 Daylight Savings Time (Spring Forward): Read the NEXT book in a series you’ve started.
In an Absent Dream by Seanan McGuire
4. Feb 9 Is Spring Here?: Read a book with plant life on the cover.
A Certain Magic
5. Feb 24 Pi Day: Read a book with a character who has a job in STEM.
Kingdom of Needle and Bone by Mira Grant

J1. Song of Oestend (Oestend #1) by Marie Sexton J2. Muse of Nightmares (Strange the Dreamer, #2) by Laini Taylor J3. Tikka Chance on Me by Suleikha Snyder J4. The Player (Rockliffe, #3) by Stella Riley J5. The Mésalliance (Rockliffe, #2) by Stella Riley F1. Cinder Ella by S.T. Lynn F2. The Royal We by Heather Cocks F3. The Best Medicine (Bell Harbor, #2) by Tracy Brogan F4. Silver Borne (Mercy Thompson, #5) by Patricia Briggs F5. No Time for Loving by Vanessa Grant M1. Ever After (Nantucket Brides, #3) by Jude Deveraux M2 The One You Fight For (The Ones Who Got Away, #3) by Roni Loren .M3. In an Absent Dream (Wayward Children, #4) by Seanan McGuire M4. A Certain Magic by Mary Balogh M5. Kingdom of Needle and Bone by Mira Grant

message 17: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 22 comments Ok, I'm in!

message 18: by Anne (new)

Anne | 22 comments JANUARY
3. Got Any Hangover Cures?y: Read a book with a bartender character.

FEBRUARY
1. Shortest Month: Read a novella or book under 100 pages. .

MARCH

message 19: by Sandy (last edited Feb 21, 2019 08:59AM) (new)

Sandy D. | 44 comments Woo hoo! New Year, New Challenge

JANUARY
1. New Year: Read a new-to-you author or start a new series. Strange Practice, by Vivian Shaw. ★★★★½ finished 1/13. Fun, extremely well-written paranormal mystery set in London.

2. So Long 2018: Read a book published last year. Exit Strategy, by Martha Wells. ★★★★ finished 1/8. Great conclusion to Murderbot sf/action/mystery series.

3. Got Any Hangover Cures?: Read a book with a bartender character. The Omega Objection, by G.L. Carriger. ★★★½ finished 1/2.

4. National Spouses Day: Read a book with a couple are or were married. (Estranged is a-okay!) The Duke I Tempted, by Scarlett Peckham. ★★★★ finished 1/6.

5. Reader's Choice: Read whatever you like! Swordheart, by T. Kingfisher. ★★★★★ finished 1/15. LOVED THIS SO MUCH. Funny, romantic fantasy.

Strange Practice (Dr. Greta Helsing, #1) by Vivian Shaw Exit Strategy (The Murderbot Diaries, #4) by Martha Wells The Omega Objection (San Andreas Shifters #2) by G.L. Carriger The Duke I Tempted (Secrets of Charlotte Street, #1) by Scarlett Peckham Swordheart by T. Kingfisher

FEBRUARY
1. Shortest Month:
Read a novella or book under 100 pages. Tikka Chance on Me, by Suleikha Snyder. ★★★★ Finished 1/1.

2. Word of Mouth: Read a book that was recommend to you via a friend, website, etc. Who We Are and How We Got Here: Ancient DNA and the New Science of the Human Past, by David Reich. ★★★★ finished 1/14. Nonfiction recommended by Lois McMaster Bujold (one of my favorite authors). Didn't give it 5 stars because of somewhat lifeless (no pun intended) writing, but science is fascinating.

Love is in the Air: Read a book with a matchmaker. Crazy Cupid Love, by Amanda Heger. ★★★ finished 2/18. I had the hardest time finding a book that didn't annoy me for this category (and I didn't really love this one)!

4. Groundhog Day: Reread an old favorite or read a book by a favorite author. Think of England, by K.J. Charles. ★★★★½ finished 1/25.

5. Presidents’ Day: Read a book with a character involved in politics. The Earl I Ruined, by Scarlett Peckham. ★★★ finished 1/12. Fake engagement to make sure impoverished Earl is able to get a bill passed in House of Lords.

Tikka Chance on Me by Suleikha Snyder Who We Are and How We Got Here Ancient DNA and the New Science of the Human Past by David Reich Crazy Cupid Love by Amanda Heger Think of England (Think of England, #1) by K.J. Charles The Earl I Ruined (The Secrets of Charlotte Street, #2) by Scarlett Peckham

MARCH
1. Carnival:
Read a book with any kind of celebration featured. Cowboy SEAL Christmas, Nicole Helm. ★★★★ finished 2/15. A wedding *and* Christmas featured.

2. Women’s Day: Read a book with a heroine who you find admirable. Tell us why! Dreadful Company, by Vivian Shaw. ★★★★ finished 2/14. Greta is competent, loves her work, is loyal to her friends, and doesn't give up. I just love this character (and the writing, setting, etc. - though romance is very understated in this series so far).

3. Daylight Savings Time (Spring Forward): Read the NEXT book in a series you’ve started. Fairs' Point, by Melissa Scott. ★★★½ finished 1/3.

4. Is Spring Here?: Read a book with plant life on the cover. Include the cover when completed, please. Point of Dreams Point of Dreams (Astreiant, #3) by Melissa Scott , by Melissa Scott. ★★★½ finished 1/1. Flower arrangements play a major role in story (and there's an orchid-like bloom on cover).

5. Pi Day: Read a book with a character who has a job in STEM. Rising Star, by Susannah Nix. ★★★½ finished 1/16. Heroine is finishing her PhD in sociology.

Cowboy SEAL Christmas (Navy SEAL Cowboys, #3) by Nicole Helm Dreadful Company (Dr. Greta Helsing, #2) by Vivian Shaw Point of Dreams (Astreiant, #3) by Melissa Scott Fairs' Point (Astreiant, #4) by Melissa Scott Rising Star by Susannah Nix

message 20: by Ginger (last edited Mar 07, 2019 05:53PM) (new)

Ginger W | 40 comments Bring it on, 2019!

15/15

JANUARY
1. New Year: Read a new-to-you author or start a new series. Haven
2. So Long 2018: Read a book published last year. I Flipping Love You
3. Got Any Hangover Cures?: Read a book with a bartender character. Love After All
4. National Spouses Day: Read a book with a couple are or were married. (Estranged is a-okay!) The Marriage Bargain
5. Reader's Choice: Read whatever you like! Madly
Haven (Beards & Bondage, #1) by Rebekah Weatherspoon I Flipping Love You (Shacking Up, #3) by Helena Hunting Love After All (Hope, #4) by Jaci Burton The Marriage Bargain (Marriage to a Billionaire, #1) by Jennifer Probst Madly (New York, #2) by Ruthie Knox

FEBRUARY
1. Shortest Month: Read a novella or book under 100 pages. Tikka Chance on Me
2. Word of Mouth: Read a book that was recommend to you via a friend, website, etc. Sweet Agony (from an SBTB squee)
Love is in the Air: Read a book with a matchmaker. Only Love
4. Groundhog Day: Reread an old favorite or read a book by a favorite author. Forever Theirs
5. Presidents’ Day: Read a book with a character involved in politics. American Queen
Tikka Chance on Me by Suleikha Snyder Sweet Agony by Charlotte Stein Only Love (One and Only, #3) by Melanie Harlow Forever Theirs (The Thalanian Dynasty #2) by Katee Robert American Queen (New Camelot Trilogy, #1) by Sierra Simone

MARCH
1. Carnival: Read a book with any kind of celebration featured. Playing in the Dark (wedding)
2. Women’s Day: Read a book with a heroine who you find admirable. Tell us why! Connections in Death
3. Daylight Savings Time (Spring Forward): Read the NEXT book in a series you’ve started. Overnight Sensation
4. Is Spring Here?: Read a book with plant life on the cover. Include the cover when completed, please. What Happens in London
5. Pi Day: Read a book with a character who has a job in STEM. Come As You Are (it’s the H)
Playing in the Dark (Glasgow Lads, #4) by Avery Cockburn Connections in Death (In Death, #48) by J.D. Robb Overnight Sensation by Sarina Bowen What Happens in London (Bevelstoke, #2) by Julia Quinn Come As You Are by Lauren Blakely

message 21: by Jayne (last edited Jan 02, 2019 08:57AM) (new)

Jayne (britishjayne) | 49 comments I'm in for this one!

JANUARY
1. New Year: Read a new-to-you author or start a new series. Nora Roberts - Year One. Read January 1 2019 (so good!)
4. National Spouses Day: Read a book with a couple who are or were married. (Estranged is a-okay!)

FEBRUARY

MARCH

message 22: by Amanda (last edited Feb 09, 2019 12:21PM) (new)

12/15

JANUARY

Never Seduce a Scoundrel by Sabrina Jeffries (1/9)

A Duke by Default by Alyssa Cole (2/9)

Risky Play by Rachel Van Dyken (1/15)

When a Scot Ties the Knot by Tessa Dare (1/1)

Gladiator by Anna Hackett (2/5)

FEBRUARY

Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire (1/12)

Polaris Rising by Jessie Mihalik (1/25): Heavily recommended by author Bree Bridges of the duo Kit Rocha on Twitter.

Cold-Hearted Rake by Lisa Kleypas (2/5): I'm such a fan of Kleypas Wallflowers Quartet.

MARCH

Her Halloween Treat by Tiffany Reisz (1/13): Heroine is attending her brother's wedding.

Nightchaser by Amanda Bouchet (1/5): Tess is so selfless, especially in the face of insurmountable odds.

Bittersweet by Sarina Bowen (2/1)

Tripped Out by Lorelei James (1/23)

When a Scot Ties the Knot (Castles Ever After, #3) by Tessa Dare Nightchaser (Endeavor, #1) by Amanda Bouchet Never Seduce a Scoundrel (School For Heiresses, #1) by Sabrina Jeffries Every Heart a Doorway (Wayward Children, #1) by Seanan McGuire Her Halloween Treat (Men at Work, #1) by Tiffany Reisz Risky Play (Red Card, #1) by Rachel Van Dyken Tripped Out (Blacktop Cowboys #8.5; 1001 Dark Nights #66) by Lorelei James Polaris Rising (Consortium Rebellion #1) by Jessie Mihalik Bittersweet (True North, #1) by Sarina Bowen Cold-Hearted Rake (The Ravenels, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Gladiator (Galactic Gladiators, #1) by Anna Hackett A Duke by Default (Reluctant Royals, #2) by Alyssa Cole

message 23: by Critterbee❇ (new)

Critterbee❇ (critterbee) | 251 comments Hark - I have encountered a Barmaid in Gilgamesh! This has got to be the most surprising category completion ever!

message 24: by Joyce (new)

Joyce (thejoyceofreading) | 3 comments Hi there! I’m excited for this. Will be my first challenge. Just wondering about the posting guidelines...? Post as each book is read or at the end?

message 25: by Amanda (new)

Joyce wrote: "Hi there! I’m excited for this. Will be my first challenge. Just wondering about the posting guidelines...? Post as each book is read or at the end?"

Totally up to you. I update and edit my post as a I go, but you can also keep track on your own and post once you're all finished!

message 26: by Hayley (last edited Mar 14, 2019 06:44PM) (new)

Hayley | 12 comments Challenge complete!

JANUARY
✔ 1. New Year: Read a new-to-you author or start a new series. A Study in Scarlet Women
✔ 2. So Long 2018: Read a book published last year. Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating
✔ 3. Got Any Hangover Cures?: Read a book with a bartender character. 99 Percent Mine
✔ 4. National Spouses Day: Read a book with a couple who are or were married. (Estranged is a-okay!) Listen to the Moon
✔ 5. Reader's Choice: Read whatever you like! Once Upon a Marquess

FEBRUARY
✔ 1. Shortest Month: Read a novella or book under 100 pages. Beauty and the Blacksmith
✔ 2. Word of Mouth: Read a book that was recommend to you via a friend, website, etc. Suddenly You 🎧
✔ 3. Love is in the Air: Read a book with a matchmaker. How to Forget a Duke 🎧
✔ 4. Groundhog Day: Reread an old favorite or read a book by a favorite author. The Hating Game
✔ 5. Presidents’ Day: Read a book with a character involved in politics. The Earl I Ruined

MARCH
✔ 1. Carnival: Read a book with any kind of celebration featured. At the Duke's Wedding
✔ 2. Women’s Day: Read a book with a heroine who you find admirable. Tell us why! Caught by the Scot 🎧Excerpt from my GR review: "I think it’s awesome and exemplary that Thea won’t stand for a marriage that’s not what she deserves, even if it is to a man she loves."
✔ 3. Daylight Savings Time (Spring Forward): Read the NEXT book in a series you’ve started. A Conspiracy in Belgravia 🎧
✔ 4. Is Spring Here?: Read a book with plant life on the cover. Include the cover when completed, please. After the Wedding After the Wedding (The Worth Saga #2) by Courtney Milan
✔ 5. Pi Day: Read a book with a character who has a job in STEM. A Princess in Theory 🎧

message 27: by Hayley (last edited Jan 05, 2019 03:51PM) (new)

Hayley | 12 comments For the novella one, are we talking Kindle pages or print? Does page count matter as long as it's marketed as a novella?

Also, for plant life, is it okay if there's plant life on the print cover but we listen to the audiobook version with a different cover?

message 28: by Amanda (new)

Hayley wrote: "For the novella one, are we talking Kindle pages or print? Does page count matter as long as it's marketed as a novella?

Also, for plant life, is it okay if there's plant life on the print cover b..."

For a novella, if it's marked as such on Goodreads or in the blurb, that's all I really need. No need for a page count for that one.

And as long as you can prove that one iteration of a book's cover has plant life, that works!

message 29: by Hayley (new)

Hayley | 12 comments Amanda wrote: "Hayley wrote: "For the novella one, are we talking Kindle pages or print? Does page count matter as long as it's marketed as a novella?

Also, for plant life, is it okay if there's plant life on th..."

Thanks so much, Amanda!

message 30: by Norette Ferns (last edited Feb 26, 2019 11:05AM) (new)

Norette Ferns | 24 comments Update 26 February: 15/15

JANUARY
1. New Year: Read a new-to-you author or start a new series.Then She Was Gone - 4 stars
2. So Long 2018:: Read a book published last year. Buried Lies - 4.5 stars
3. Got Any Hangover Cures?: Read a book with a bartender character. Licence to Date - 2.5 stars
4. National Spouses Day: Read a book with a couple who are or were married. (Estranged is a-okay!) Winning Back His Wife - 3.5 stars
5. Reader's Choice: Read whatever you like! Playing for Keeps - 4 stars

Then She Was Gone by Lisa Jewell Buried Lies (Crimson Point, #2) by Kaylea Cross Licence to Date (Better Date than Never, #6) by Susan Hatler Winning Back His Wife (Camp Firefly Falls, #1) by Zoe York Playing for Keeps (Heartbreaker Bay, #7) by Jill Shalvis

FEBRUARY
1. Shortest Month: Read a novella or book under 100 pages. Once Ghosted, Twice Shy - 5 stars
2. Word of Mouth: Read a book that was recommend to you via a friend, website, etc. Only for a Night - 4 stars
3. Love is in the Air: Read a book with a matchmaker. Matchmaking for Beginners - 4.5 stars
4. Groundhog Day: Reread an old favorite or read a book by a favorite author. The Year We Hid Away - 5 stars
5. Presidents’ Day: Read a book with a character involved in politics. Sugar and Ice - 3.5 stars

Playing for Keeps (Heartbreaker Bay, #7) by Jill Shalvis Only for a Night (Lick, #1) by Naima Simone Matchmaking for Beginners by Maddie Dawson The Year We Hid Away (The Ivy Years, #2) by Sarina Bowen Sugar and Ice (Rose & Thorns) by Brooklyn Wallace

MARCH
1. Carnival: Read a book with any kind of celebration featured. Three Little Words - 4.5 stars
2. Women’s Day: Read a book with a heroine who you find admirable. Tell us why! Beyond Innocence - i love all Kit Rocha's heroines. They all have their own ways of dealing with their past and kicking ass.
3. Daylight Savings Time (Spring Forward): Read the NEXT book in a series you’ve started. The One You Fight For - 4 stars
4. Is Spring Here?: Read a book with plant life on the cover. Include the cover when completed, please. Do You Want to Start a Scandal - 5 stars
5. Pi Day: Read a book with a character who has a job in STEM. When a Scot Ties the Knot - 5+ stars

The Year We Hid Away (The Ivy Years, #2) by Sarina Bowen Beyond Innocence (Beyond, #6) by Kit Rocha The One You Fight For (The Ones Who Got Away, #3) by Roni Loren Do You Want to Start a Scandal (Spindle Cove, #5; Castles Ever After, #4) by Tessa Dare When a Scot Ties the Knot (Castles Ever After, #3) by Tessa Dare

message 31: by Jen (new)

Jen (jendoyle) | 12 comments Yay! I found it. Thanks, Amanda! Nice to see you all tonight! <3

message 32: by Jen (last edited Apr 01, 2019 07:06PM) (new)

Jen (jendoyle) | 12 comments JANUARY
1. New Year: Read a new-to-you author or start a new series. Never Seduce A Scoundrel, Sabrina Jeffries
2. So Long 2018: Read a book published last year. Chef Sugarlips, Tawna Fenske
3. Got Any Hangover Cures?: Read a book with a bartender character. Redeemed, Molly O'Keefe
4. National Spouses Day: Read a book with a couple who are or were married. (Estranged is a-okay!) Winning Back His Wife, Zoe York and Gwen Hayes
5. Reader's Choice: Read whatever you like! Breakaway, Catherine Gayle

Never Seduce a Scoundrel (School For Heiresses, #1) by Sabrina Jeffries Redeemed (Into The Wild #3) by Molly O'Keefe Winning Back His Wife (Camp Firefly Falls, #1) by Zoe York Chef Sugarlips (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #2) by Tawna Fenske Breakaway (Portland Storm, #1) by Catherine Gayle

FEBRUARY
1. Shortest Month: Read a novella or book under 100 pages. Gideon and the Den of Thieves [in Gambled Away anthology], Joanna Bourne
2. Word of Mouth: Read a book that was recommend to you via a friend, website, etc. The Duchess Deal, Tessa Dare
Love is in the Air: Read a book with a matchmaker. (OK. So I KNOW I read one, but I can't for the life of me remember the title of it! SIGH.)
4. Groundhog Day: Reread an old favorite or read a book by a favorite author. Always On My Mind, Jill Shalvis

Gambled Away A Historical Anthology by Joanna Bourne Always on My Mind (Lucky Harbor, #8) by Jill Shalvis The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1) by Tessa Dare

MARCH
1. Carnival: Read a book with any kind of celebration featured. Taking A Shot, Catherine Gayle -- the celebration is a senior prom, which I'm not sure I would normally term it that way, but in this case it felt appropriate.
2. Women’s Day: Read a book with a heroine who you find admirable. Tell us why! Unleashed, Jami Alden
3. Daylight Savings Time (Spring Forward): Read the NEXT book in a series you’ve started. Minutes To Kill, Melinda Leigh
4. Is Spring Here?: Read a book with plant life on the cover. Include the cover when completed, please. For the First Time: Twenty-One Brand New Stories of First Love, Alessandra Torre, etc
5. Pi Day: Read a book with a character who has a job in STEM.Dancing in the Moonlight, RaeAnne Thayne

Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2) by Melinda Leigh For the First Time Twenty-One Brand New Stories of First Love by Alessandra Torre Taking A Shot (Portland Storm, #2.5) by Catherine Gayle Dancing in the Moonlight (The Cowboys of Cold Creek) by RaeAnne Thayne Unleashed (Gemini Men, #3) by Jami Alden

message 33: by Joyce (new)

Joyce (thejoyceofreading) | 3 comments Hi everyone! Happy reading :) My favorite of these 5 books is Lucas. I highly recommend it.

January complete 5/15

1. New Year: Read a new-to-you author or start a new series. Lucas (Preston Brothers, #1) by Jay McLean 5 STARS!
Across the Horizon by Aly Martinez 4 STARS!
Dirty (Dive Bar, #1) by Kylie Scott 2 STARS
Not Quite a Husband (The Marsdens, #2) by Sherry Thomas 3 STARS
Logan (Preston Brothers, #2) by Jay McLean 3 STARS

message 34: by Donna (new)

Donna Sutay-Cooke | 2 comments Ok, this should be interesting... lets see how I do..

message 35: by Critterbee❇ (last edited Jan 19, 2019 09:59AM) (new)

Critterbee❇ (critterbee) | 251 comments I have been checking out everyone's choices for Presidents’ Day: Read a book with a character involved in politics because it is a tough find for me this challenge. I found one that I own
Sweet Disorder (Lively St. Lemeston Book 1) by Rose Lerner
one that I read and really liked
A Queen from the North (Royal Roses #1) by Erin McRae
and some others that look good, to put on my tbr
Strange Bedfellows by Cardeno C. The Earl I Ruined (The Secrets of Charlotte Street, #2) by Scarlett Peckham Sugar and Ice (Rose & Thorns) by Brooklyn Wallace
Thanks, Bs!

message 36: by Anne Boleyn's Ghost (last edited Jan 19, 2019 10:40AM) (new)

Anne Boleyn's Ghost | 27 comments Thanks, Critterbee! I'm always looking for books that meet this challenge task.

I am reading it as an "old favorite", but I also recommend Enemies of the State by Tal Bauer. It features a love story between the President and a Secret Service agent set amid global conspiracy and espionage and political intrigue. It is the first in a trilogy and I found each installment gripping. Bauer is a very talented writer and I really enjoy his stories.
Enemies of the State (The Executive Office #1) by Tal Bauer Enemy Of My Enemy (Executive Office #2) by Tal Bauer Enemy Within (The Executive Office #3) by Tal Bauer

message 37: by Ashley (last edited Mar 31, 2019 09:50AM) (new)

Ashley (simplybookdrunk) | 22 comments 15/15

JANUARY
Snowspelled (finished 1/30) ★★★★★
Luna and the Lie (finished 1/24) ★★★★★
Tikka Chance on Me (finished 3/13) ★★★★
Counting on a Countess (finished 2/9) ★★★
My Favorite Half-Night Stand (finished 1/31) ★★★★

Snowspelled (The Harwood Spellbook, #1) by Stephanie Burgis Luna and the Lie by Mariana Zapata Tikka Chance on Me by Suleikha Snyder Counting on a Countess (The London Underground, #2) by Eva Leigh My Favorite Half-Night Stand by Christina Lauren

FEBRUARY
Hooked (finished 2/16) ★★★
Scoring the Player's Baby (finished 1/17) ★★
The Matchmaker's List (finished 3/5) ★★★
The Wall of Winnipeg and Me (finished 2/12) ★★★★★
An Unconditional Freedom (finished 3/29) ★★★★★

Hooked (Fandom Hearts, #1.5) by Cathy Yardley Scoring the Player's Baby (WAGS #3) by Naima Simone The Matchmaker's List by Sonya Lalli The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata An Unconditional Freedom (The Loyal League, #3) by Alyssa Cole

MARCH
Out in the Field (finished 2/25) ★★★
A Perilous Undertaking (finished 1/20) ★★★★★
Overnight Sensation (finished 2/4) ★★★★
Playing for Keeps (finished 2/7) ★★★★
A Notorious Vow (finished 3/14) ★★★★ (Hero invents new technology to build an aid for the hearing impaired)

Out in the Field by Kate McMurray A Perilous Undertaking (Veronica Speedwell, #2) by Deanna Raybourn Overnight Sensation (Brooklyn Bruisers #5) by Sarina Bowen Playing for Keeps (Heartbreaker Bay, #7) by Jill Shalvis A Notorious Vow (The Four Hundred, #3) by Joanna Shupe

message 38: by Koozebane (last edited Mar 30, 2019 07:31PM) (new)

Koozebane | 67 comments Didn't think I'd have time to participate, but realized today that my 24in48 Readathon choices worked, so...

15/15 (plus two extra, since some were short)

JANUARY
1. New Year: THIS TEAM IS RUINING MY LIFE (BUT I LOVE THEM) by Steve "Dangle" Glynn (finished 1/26) This Team Is Ruining My Life (But I Love Them) How I Became a Professional Hockey Fan by Steve "dangle" Glynn
2. So Long 2018: THIS IS KIND OF AN EPIC LOVE STORY by Kheryn Callender (finished 1/27) This Is Kind of an Epic Love Story by Kheryn Callender
3. Got Any Hangover Cures?: BARTENDER, P.I. by Ethan Stone (finished 3/14) Bartender, PI by Ethan Stone ; SINGLE PLAYER by Elia Winters (finished 3/30) Single Player (Slices of Pi, #3) by Elia Winters
4. National Spouses Day: AMATEUR: A TRUE STORY ABOUT WHAT MAKES A MAN by Thomas Page McBee (finished 1/27) Amateur A True Story About What Makes a Man by Thomas Page McBee
5. Reader's Choice: LISTEN UP! by Mark Howard (finished 3/6) Listen Up! Recording Music with Bob Dylan, Neil Young, U2, the Tragically Hip, Rem, Iggy Pop, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Tom Waits... by Mark Howard

FEBRUARY
1. Shortest Month: THE MAGIC BROOM by Teegan Loy (finished 3/9) The Magic Broom by Teegan Loy
2. Word of Mouth: BROTHER by David Chariandy Brother by David Chariandy (finished 1/26)
3. Love is in the Air: THE COURTSHIP DANCE by Candace Camp (finished 3/14) The Courtship Dance (The Matchmaker #4) by Candace Camp
4. Groundhog Day: HOW TO BE A HEROINE by Samantha Ellis (finished 2/12) How To Be a Heroine by Samantha Ellis
5. Presidents’ Day: FRAT HOUSE TROOPERS by Xavier Mayne (finished 2/16) Frat House Troopers (Brandt and Donnelly Caper, #1) by Xavier Mayne ; SWEET DISORDER by Rose Lerner (finished 3/25) Sweet Disorder (Lively St. Lemeston Book 1) by Rose Lerner

MARCH
1. Carnival: THE PAINTING ON AUERPERG'S WALL by Erika Rummel (finished 3/7) The Painting on Auerperg's Wall by Erika Rummel
2. Women’s Day: THE AWKWARD SQUAD SERIES, BOOK ONE by Sophie Henaff (finished 1/27; Anne Capestan is funny, great at her job, and lovably flawed/quirky!) The Awkward Squad by Sophie Hénaff
3. Daylight Savings Time (Spring Forward): THE WICKED + THE DIVINE, VOL. 7: MOTHERING INVENTION by Keiron Gillen and Jamie McKelvie (finished 1/27) The Wicked + the Divine, Vol. 7 Mothering Invention by Kieron Gillen
4. Is Spring Here?: UPSTREAM: SELECTED ESSAYS by Mary Oliver (finished 1/27) Upstream Selected Essays by Mary Oliver
5. Pi Day: WILLIAM'S SHAKESPEARE'S MUCH ADO ABOUT MEAN GIRLS by Ian Doescher (finished 3/20) William Shakespeare's Much Ado About Mean Girls by Ian Doescher

message 39: by Harmonyb (new)

Harmonyb | 19 comments Anne Boleyn's Ghost wrote: “I am reading it as an "old favorite", but I also recommend Enemies of the State by Tal Bauer. It fea..."

Thank you for the rec! These look like exactly what I was hoping to find for this category.

message 40: by Shannon (last edited Mar 30, 2019 03:55PM) (new)

Shannon (ohshanada) | 11 comments Super excited to get back to these challenges!

Progress: 15 / 15 books read - All done!

JANUARY

Romancing the Duke by Tessa Dare
Castles Ever After Series #1
This one went immediately on my favorites list!
[Read: 2/5 - 2/6]

I Think I Love You by Lauren Layne
Published July 2018
[Read: 1/1 - 1/3]

Heat Wave by Karina Halle
The bartender, Daniel, plays a big role in the conflict of this book.
[Read: 2/8 - 2/12]

When a Scot Ties the Knot by Tessa Dare
Castles Ever After #3
[Read: 1/30 - 2/4]

My Favorite Half-Night Stand by Christina Lauren
[Read: 1/16 - 1/21]

Romancing the Duke (Castles Ever After, #1) by Tessa Dare I Think I Love You (Oxford, #5) by Lauren Layne Heat Wave by Karina Halle When a Scot Ties the Knot (Castles Ever After, #3) by Tessa Dare My Favorite Half-Night Stand by Christina Lauren

FEBRUARY

Tikka Chance on Me by Suleikha Snyder
[Read: 1/14 - 1/16]

99 Percent Mine by Salley Thorne
[Read: Feb 27-28]

Match Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
[Read: March 3-9]

Under Locke by Mariana Zapata
This was a new one to me by one of my favorite authors. But this was not my favorite of her's. Maybe I'll just reread Kulti.
[Read: 1/17 - 1/20]

Do You Want to Start a Scandal by Tessa Dare
[Read: 2/10]

Tikka Chance on Me by Suleikha Snyder 99 Percent Mine by Sally Thorne Match Me If You Can (Chicago Stars, #6) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips Under Locke by Mariana Zapata Do You Want to Start a Scandal (Spindle Cove, #5; Castles Ever After, #4) by Tessa Dare

MARCH
The Difference Between Us by Rachel Higginson
[Read: 3/26 - 2/29]

The One You Fight For by Roni Loren
The Ones Who Got Away #3 (my favorite of the series)
[Read: 1/21 - 1/26]

Taryn Landry is an amazingly strong women who faces what she's been through head on, fights for what she's worked for, and faces new challenges and love head on - no matter what those around her think/feel. (Hard to go into detail and not give any spoilers!)

The Governess Game by Tessa Dare
Girl Meets Duke #2
[Read: 1/12 - 1/13]

Say Yes to the Marquess by Tessa Dare
[Read: 2/9]

Remedial Rocket Science by Susannah Nix
[Read: March 14-16]

The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract, #2) by Rachel Higginson The One You Fight For (The Ones Who Got Away, #3) by Roni Loren The Governess Game (Girl Meets Duke, #2) by Tessa Dare Say Yes to the Marquess (Castles Ever After, #2) by Tessa Dare Remedial Rocket Science (Chemistry Lessons, #1) by Susannah Nix

message 41: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (ohshanada) | 11 comments Two questions, and I may be getting too in the weeds about this, but: (1) for the bartender character, does it need to be one of the main characters, or is a prominent side character okay? And (2) would a character described as a "diplomat" in a historical/regency romance count as a "character involve in politics"? Apologies if these are silly questions!

message 42: by Amanda (new)

Shannon wrote: "Two questions, and I may be getting too in the weeds about this, but: (1) for the bartender character, does it need to be one of the main characters, or is a prominent side character okay? And (2) ..."

Yes to both.

message 43: by Jujubee (last edited Mar 16, 2019 10:49AM) (new)

Jujubee (goodreadscomjujubeed) | 43 comments I'm in, even if I'm late to the dance!!

JANUARY Completed 02/07/19
Single Malt (Agents Irish and Whiskey, #1) by Layla Reyne Vampire's Faith (Dark Protectors, #8) by Rebecca Zanetti Ten Days with the Highlander by Hayson Manning The Kiss Thief by L.J. Shen Demon's Mercy (Dark Protectors #9) by Rebecca Zanetti

1. New Year: Single Malt (Agents Irish and Whiskey 01) Layla Reyne Read 02/07/19 4*
2. Pub 2018: Vampire's Faith (Dark Protectors 08) Rebecca Zanetti • Read 01/12/19 4*
3. Got Any Hangover Cures?: H owns a pub Ten Days with the Highlander Hayson Manning • Read 01/29/19 4*
4. National Spouses Day: The Kiss Thief L. J. Shen • Read 01/26/19 3*
5. Reader's Choice: Demon's Mercy (Dark Protectors 09) Rebecca Zanetti • Read 01/18/19 4.5*

FEBRUARY Completed 03/03/19
Silent Blade (Kinsmen, #1) by Ilona Andrews Passion (Passion Quartet, #1) by Lisa Valdez The Last Letter by Rebecca Yarros Blade of Darkness (Immortal Guardians, #7) by Dianne Duvall Silver Shark (Kinsmen, #2) by Ilona Andrews
1. Shortest Month: 64 pgs Silent Blade (Kinsmen 01) Ilona Andrews • Read 03/02/19 5*
2. Word of Mouth: IMM's (author) FB post ;) Passion (Passion Quartet 01) Lisa Valdez • Read 01/xx/19 x*
3. Love is in the Air: heroine's Brother The Last Letter Rebecca Yarros Read 02/26/19 5*
4. Groundhog Day: Fav Author Blade of Darkness (Immortal Guardians 07) Dianne Duvall Read 02/15/19 4*
5. Presidents’ Day: Silver Shark (Kinsmen 02) Ilona Andrews • Read 03/03/19 5*

MARCH Completed 03/14/19
Devil's Daughter (The Ravenels, #5) by Lisa Kleypas Immortal in Death (In Death, #3) by J.D. Robb Glory in Death (In Death, #2) by J.D. Robb The One Who's Not the One by Keris Stainton A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
1. Carnival: Wedding Devil's Daughter (The Ravenels 05) Read 02/28/19 5*
2. Women’s Day: Detective Eve Dallas ~ kick ass survivor! Immortal in Death (In Death 03) J. D. Robb • Read 03/14/19 4.5*
3. Daylight Savings Time: Glory in Death (In Death 02) J. D. Robb • Read 01/21/19 5*
4. Is Spring Here?: Tulips The One Who's Not the One Keris Stainton Read 02/21/19 4*
5. Pi Day: H is a scientist A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy 01) Deborah Harkness • Reread 01/04/19 5*

message 44: by Sandy (new)

Sandy D. | 44 comments Finished - now maybe I should do the other challenge :)

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Swordheart, by T. Kingfisher was my favorite. It's one I know I will re-read someday.

message 45: by Critterbee❇ (new)

Critterbee❇ (critterbee) | 251 comments Way to do, Sandy!

I have never read T. Kingfisher. Do you know if Swordheart is a good choice to start with?

message 46: by Sandy (new)

Sandy D. | 44 comments Yes, because it's a standalone. If you like Lois McMaster Bujold or A.J. Demas, I think you'll like this.

message 47: by Critterbee❇ (new)

Critterbee❇ (critterbee) | 251 comments Sandy wrote: "Yes, because it's a standalone. If you like Lois McMaster Bujold or A.J. Demas, I think you'll like this."

I really like Lois McMaster Bujold, so I will give this one a go, thanks!

message 48: by Mandy (last edited Feb 26, 2019 02:21PM) (new)

Mandy Beyers (mandybeyers) | 1 comments Jumping in!

JANUARY
1. New Year : Read a new-to-you author or start a new series.
Don't Tell (Romantic Suspense, #1; Chicago, #1) by Karen Rose

FEBRUARY

MARCH

message 49: by Laure (new)

Laure Finished!

I can't say I had a clear favorite out of the bunch, but on the flip side I pretty much enjoyed all of my selections for this quarter. Now to focus on the other challenge!

Good luck, y'all!!

message 50: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 1 comments And, finished!

JANUARY
1. New Year: Read a new-to-you author or start a new series. Naked in Death I'd read Nora Roberts before, but hadn't done this series.
2. So Long 2018: Read a book published last year. Vanilla Clouds
3. Got Any Hangover Cures?: Read a book with a bartender character. The Gravedigger's Brawl I enjoyed most of this, but at a certain point one of the heroes wears a Confederate uniform to a Halloween party and I just felt like, "could we not?"
4. National Spouses Day: Read a book with a couple who are or were married. (Estranged is a-okay!) Spice and Smoke
5. Reader's Choice: Read whatever you like! To All the Boys I've Loved Before

FEBRUARY
1. Shortest Month: Read a novella or book under 100 pages. Tikka Chance on Me
2. Word of Mouth: Read a book that was recommend to you via a friend, website, etc. Swordheart I really enjoyed this!
Love is in the Air: Read a book with a matchmaker. The Earl I Ruined
4. Groundhog Day: Reread an old favorite or read a book by a favorite author. Any Old Diamonds Gosh, I love K.J. Charles.
5. Presidents’ Day: Read a book with a character involved in politics. Rogue Passion These stories were hit or miss, but I have to register a copyediting complaint. In one of these stories, a character "dropped trout" and I can't stop thinking about it.

MARCH
1. Carnival: Read a book with any kind of celebration featured. Soul of the Pack This had a faux prom in it. I can't recommend it because (view spoiler)
2. Women’s Day: Read a book with a heroine who you find admirable. Tell us why! The Seafarer's Kiss Both of the women in this book are brave, and when they make some (occasionally horrendous mistakes) they make serious efforts to make amends.
3. Daylight Savings Time (Spring Forward): Read the NEXT book in a series you’ve started. Making Up
4. Is Spring Here?: Read a book with plant life on the cover. Include the cover when completed, please. Business Makes Strange Bedfellows by E.E. Ottoman
5. Pi Day: Read a book with a character who has a job in STEM. The Lady's Guide to Petticoats and Piracy

« previous 1