Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

Black Water Lilies
This topic is about Black Water Lilies
Archive - Group Reads > Black Water Lilies by Michel Bussi (no spoilers) - January 2019

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new)

Gem  Paullin | 1286 comments Mod
Hello fellow Crime, Mystery, and Thriller readers! This discussion is about Black Water Lilies by Michel Bussi.

Please note no spoilers should be revealed in this discussion.

Summary

This is the story of thirteen days that begin with one murder and end with another. Jérôme Morval, a man whose passion for art was matched only by his passion for women, has been found dead in the stream that runs through the gardens at Giverny, where Monet did his famous paintings. In Jérôme's pocket is a postcard of Monet's Water Lilies with the words: Eleven years old. Happy Birthday.

Entangled in the mystery are three women: a young painting prodigy, the seductive village schoolteacher and an old widow who watches over the village from a mill by the stream. All three of them share a secret. But what do they know about the discovery of Jérôme Morval's corpse? And what is the connection to the mysterious Black Water Lilies, a rumored masterpiece by Monet that has never been found...

Dannie at RAPT (rapt) | 13 comments Hi everyone! I'm Dannie and I will be helping out with the discussion for Black Water Lilies by Michel Bussi. I hope you all are enjoying this read (or listen) as much as I am.

Dannie at RAPT (rapt) | 13 comments What drew you to want to read Black Water Lilies by Michel Bussi?

message 4: by Robert (new) - added it

Robert Knutsen (xebor) | 1 comments I heard After the Crash on Audiobook, and when I came over Black Water Lillies on sale I had to get it. So with this poll coming up and BWL winning I just had to start reading it

Dannie at RAPT (rapt) | 13 comments Robert wrote: "I heard After the Crash on Audiobook, and when I came over Black Water Lillies on sale I had to get it. So with this poll coming up and BWL winning I just had to start reading it"

On sale is a great reason to grab a book! I have found several books that I have really enjoyed because they popped up after reading another. How are you enjoying Black Water Lilies so far?

Skye | 200 comments Hi there, Danni: I adored this book; in fact, I nominated it. It's quite a wonderful story and written in a very unusual literary style.

Dannie at RAPT (rapt) | 13 comments Skye wrote: "Hi there, Danni: I adored this book; in fact, I nominated it. It's quite a wonderful story and written in a very unusual literary style."

Hi Skye - so glad you nominated this book. I'm so glad that I chose it as my read. I'm finding the characters to be quite interesting.

Dannie at RAPT (rapt) | 13 comments Hi all! Just checking in to see where you're at in reading? Are you finished? Still enjoying a few more chapter? I have a few more to go but have enjoyed the view of this book.

Skye | 200 comments Dannie, I'll be thrilled to discuss it with you.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Black Water Lilies (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Michel Bussi (other topics)