dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Deborah, Moderator (new)

Deborah (deborahkliegl) | 4460 comments Mod
Start date is January 1.

Week 1 - Chapters 1 - 8
Week 2 - Chapters 9 - 16
Week 3 - Chapters 17 - 24
Week 4 - Chapters 25 to conclusion

message 2: by Rosemarie, Moderator (new)

Rosemarie | 2785 comments Mod
I read this book last year and found it a very entertaining read.

message 3: by Deborah, Moderator (new)

Rosemarie wrote: "I read this book last year and found it a very entertaining read."

It will b a first read for me but it’s been on my shelf for years

message 4: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Bok (regency_reader) | 596 comments I read it this year in a book club and won't read it again but will probably dive into the discussion.

message 5: by Robin P, Moderator (new)

Robin P | 2065 comments Mod
I listened to an audio a couple years ago, and I've seen at least one film of it. I have a weakness for swashbucklers, even though in real life I abhor violence and machismo!

message 6: by Piyangie (new)

Piyangie | 145 comments I too read it last year and liked it very much. It is so entertaining. I won't be reading again but sure to join in with the discussion.

Like Robin, I too have a weakness for swashbucklers :). Perhaps it was the reason for my liking it very much. I hope all those who read it will enjoy it.

message 7: by Frances, Moderator (new)

Frances (francesab) | 1799 comments Mod
I have downloaded the book, ordered it from the library and plan to join you for this read.

message 8: by Deborah, Moderator (new)

Frances wrote: "I have downloaded the book, ordered it from the library and plan to join you for this read."

Great. I will be doing the research later this week.

message 9: by JJ (new)

JJ | 45 comments I'm going to join this group read. Books set during that time in French history are always interesting.

message 10: by Deborah, Moderator (new)

Just a quick note. I will be posting week 2 a day early on 1/7. I’m on an airplane most of 1/8 headed to California for stem cell injections into my wonkie ankles

message 11: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Bok (regency_reader) | 596 comments The wonders of modern medicine! I've never heard of stem cell injections for wonky ankles--hope they do the trick for you!

message 12: by Deborah, Moderator (new)

Abigail wrote: "The wonders of modern medicine! I've never heard of stem cell injections for wonky ankles--hope they do the trick for you!"

It will repair my tibial tendons. 🙀

message 13: by JJ (last edited Dec 31, 2018 03:22PM) (new)

JJ | 45 comments Ouch, that sounds painful. I hope you get relief. I've started reading the book today, I've never read it before so I'm really looking forward to this group read.

message 14: by Deborah, Moderator (new)

I’ve had a bit of a snafu. Due to the severe winter storm, I was not able to get home. Things are still up in the air. My week 4 posting may be either early or late depending on what happens. My apologies for the confusion

message 15: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Bok (regency_reader) | 596 comments What a pain, being stranded! I hope you are in a place that is comfortable, at least, not in an airport or bus station.

message 16: by Deborah, Moderator (new)

Abigail wrote: "What a pain, being stranded! I hope you are in a place that is comfortable, at least, not in an airport or bus station."

Yes comfy safe and warm

message 17: by Frances, Moderator (new)

Frances (francesab) | 1799 comments Mod
Safe travels Deborah, and our discussion can wait!