J.D. Robb discussion

Archive -2017/18 Series GR > Romantic Suspense by Karen Rose

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (last edited Feb 26, 2021 09:39AM) (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 13392 comments Mod
We will begin this series in January 2019 and will read one book a month until completion.

Series List

About the Series
The books all occur in the same "universe" and have a common set of characters and locations. Each book in the series connects with another, not always in consecutive order so it is important to read them in published order (one novella exception). You will see secondary series groupings by city (Chicago, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Sacramento, Philadelphia & Minneapolis) and one by the name of the featured character, Daniel Vartanian. However, the books in the city groupings are not written in consecutive order and you may find characters from other cities who appeared in earlier books. The Daniel Vartanian grouping is written in consecutive order but shouldn’t be read prior to reading those books preceding the trilogy as characters from earlier books appear. Reading out of published order will expose you to spoilers from earlier books though the author has taken measures to avoid them in more recent releases.

The stories are gritty and highly suspenseful.

About the Author
Internationally bestselling, RITA-award winning, author Karen Rose was born and raised in the Maryland suburbs of Washington, DC. She met her husband, Martin, on a blind date when they were seventeen and after they both graduated from the University of Maryland, (Karen with a degree in Chemical Engineering) they moved to Cincinnati, Ohio. Karen worked as an engineer for a large consumer goods company, earning two patents, but as Karen says, “scenes were roiling in my head and I couldn't concentrate on my job so I started writing them down. I started out writing for fun, and soon found I was hooked.”

Her debut suspense novel was released in July, 2003. Since then, she has published more than eighteen novels and two novellas. Her twenty-second novel will be released in 2019.

A former high school teacher of chemistry and physics, Karen lives in Florida with her husband of more than twenty years, two dogs, and a cat.

The discussions will be spoiler free until the 8th of the month when it will become a spoiler zone. You will need to use the spoiler feature until then if you want to discuss details that may be spoiler-ish. It's also recommended that you indicate which chapter you're referencing or have read through to help others decide whether they can read it or not.

There are many who have already started this series and are welcome to participate. We welcome all participation and diversity in perspectives are welcome!

Series List
1. Don't Tell (January) Book Discussion
2. Have You Seen Her? (February) Book Discussion
3. I'm Watching You (March) Book Discussion
4. Nothing To Fear (April) Book Discussion
4.5. Dirty Secrets (May) Book Discussion
5. You Can't Hide (June) Book Discussion
6. Count to Ten (July) Book Discussion
7. Die For Me (August) Book Discussion
8. Scream for Me (September) Book Discussion
9. Kill For Me (October) Book Discussion
10. I Can See You (November) Book Discussion
11. Silent Scream (December) Book Discussion
12. You Belong to Me (January 2020) Book Discussion
13. No One Left to Tell (February 2020) Book Discussion
14. Did You Miss Me? (March 2020) Book Discussion
14.5. Broken Silence (April 2020) Book Discussion
15. Watch Your Back (May 2020) Book Discussion
16. Closer Than You Think (June 2020) Book Discussion
17. Alone In the Dark (July 2020) Book Discussion
18. Every Dark Corner (August 2020) Book Discussion
19. The Monster in the Closet (September 2020) Book Discussion
20. Edge of Darkness (October 2020) Book Discussion
21. Death Is Not Enough (November 2020) Book Discussion
22. Say You're Sorry (December 2020 - January 2021) Book Discussion
23. Into the Dark (February 2021) Book Discussion
24. Say No More (March 2021) Book Discussion

Don't Tell (Romantic Suspense, #1; Chicago, #1) by Karen Rose Have You Seen Her? (Romantic Suspense, #2) by Karen Rose I'm Watching You (Romantic Suspense, #3; Chicago, #2) by Karen Rose Nothing to Fear (Romantic Suspense, #4; Chicago, #3) by Karen Rose Dirty Secrets (Romantic Suspense, #4.5) by Karen Rose You Can't Hide (Romantic Suspense, #5; Chicago, #4) by Karen Rose Count to Ten (Romantic Suspense, #6; Chicago, #5) by Karen Rose Die for Me (Romantic Suspense, #7; Daniel Vartanian, #1) by Karen Rose Scream for Me (Romantic Suspense, #8; Daniel Vartanian, #2) by Karen Rose Kill for Me (Romantic Suspense, #9; Daniel Vartanian, #3) by Karen Rose I Can See You (Romantic Suspense, #10; Minneapolis, #1) by Karen Rose Silent Scream (Romantic Suspense, #11; Minneapolis, #2) by Karen Rose You Belong to Me (Romantic Suspense, #12; Baltimore, #1) by Karen Rose No One Left to Tell (Romantic Suspense, #13; Baltimore, #2) by Karen Rose Did You Miss Me? (Romantic Suspense, #14; Baltimore, #3) by Karen Rose Broken Silence (Romantic Suspense, #14.5; Baltimore, #3.5) by Karen Rose Watch Your Back (Romantic Suspense, #15; Baltimore, #4) by Karen Rose Closer Than You Think (Romantic Suspense, #16; Cincinnati, #1) by Karen Rose Alone In the Dark (Romantic Suspense, #17; Cincinnati, #2) by Karen Rose Every Dark Corner (Romantic Suspense, #18; Cincinnati, #3) by Karen Rose Monster in the Closet (Romantic Suspense, #19; Baltimore, #5) by Karen Rose Edge of Darkness (Romantic Suspense, #20; Cincinnati, #4) by Karen Rose Death Is Not Enough (Romantic Suspense, #21; Baltimore, #6) by Karen Rose Say You're Sorry (Romantic Suspense, #22; Sacramento, #1) by Karen Rose Into the Dark (Romantic Suspense #23; Cincinnati #5) by Karen Rose Say No More (Romantic Suspense #24; Sacramento #2) by Karen Rose

message 2: by Jonetta (new)

Who plans to participate?

message 3: by Paula (new)

Paula Adams (goodreadscompadams57) | 806 comments I'll try to. I've always wanted to read her books.

message 4: by Belles (new)

Belles | 156 comments Jonetta - you have October, November, October, December on the list.

message 5: by Jonetta (new)

Geez! Thanks for that catch, Belles! Maybe I would have figured it out in September?🤪

message 6: by Jo Ann (new)

Jo Ann (jojog) | 345 comments I'm going to give it my best shot! If work, life and other books don't get in the way LOL I'm going to try my best to keep up with ya'll!!

message 7: by Jonetta (new)

And if you get behind, we will still be here.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 589 comments I've been wanting to read this series for ages. I'm definitely in. Our Grant County/Will Trent discussion was great.

message 9: by Jonetta (new)

You contributed a lot to the successes of those discussions, Lisa. Glad you’re continuing here.

message 10: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 189 comments Well I have the first one - so let's see how it goes.

message 11: by Jonetta (new)

I loved the first book.

message 12: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 944 comments I've read the first 11 and look forward to continuing. I had planned on reading more books in the series in 2019 so now I have to decide if I will postpone or read ahead... decisions... decisions.

message 13: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 2417 comments I'm in. I have several books in the series but I haven't had time to read.

message 14: by Smiley (new)

Smiley | 8 comments Sounds great. I've been meaning to read this series for a while now, and now I have a good excuse to finally get started … hopefully :)

message 15: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Hoover (sandrahoover) | 10396 comments Mod
Lauren wrote: "I've read the first 11 and look forward to continuing. I had planned on reading more books in the series in 2019 so now I have to decide if I will postpone or read ahead... decisions... decisions."

I'm currently reading #17 & will continue for sure. :)

message 16: by Jonetta (new)

Death is Not Enough is up next for me (#21). This is one of my most favorite series and I was thrilled it was selected.

FYI, I’ve kept the character lists for each book.

message 17: by Patty (new)

Patty | 488 comments I’m in! I’m pretty sure I’ve read some of these books and it will be nice to start at the beginning and read the entire series.

message 18: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 944 comments Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥ wrote: "I'm currently reading #17 & will continue for sure. :)."

Yeah, I think I will read ahead and pop into the discussions to add my 2 cents.

message 19: by Susan (new)

Susan (cruelshoes) | 518 comments I will be in

message 20: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 715 comments I think I must be caught up on this series. I'll see whether I can take on re-reading, since my memory is a sieve. I know the last few I've wondered where Vartanian was!

message 21: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hmatkins) | 77 comments I'm excited to begin this series read next year. I've not read any of these books, so I'm super pumped to begin a new series. I'm headed to the library today, so *fingers crossed* they will have the first in the series. :)

message 22: by Erin (new)

Erin | 43 comments I will try to keep up!

message 23: by Mdy (new)

Mdy | 204 comments I'm looking forward to it.

message 24: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 715 comments They are certainly NOT short books, but I liked them all.

Lesley Book Lover  (lesleyds) | 166 comments Read all her books twice, love them, I can go for a third read.

message 26: by Ladyhawke (new)

Ladyhawke | 44 comments Finally I just bought the book!! Can’t wait to discuss it...

message 27: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (bkind2books) | 146 comments *. Don't know where to ask this, so here goes.

Since we are nearing the end of the series (or at least what has been published, should we be selecting the *next* group read? Or will there be a break in the monthly series reads while everyone figures out what is next?

message 28: by Jonetta (new)

That’s a great question, Cindy! The most recently released book ends next month.

I’ll get that started now.