What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > man who travels to some Utopian society in South America. Turns out that there's something odd going on -

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dominique (new)

Dominique Adam | 2 comments Sometime around 30-40 years ago, my father gave me a paperback novel to read. I cannot recall many details, but I do know that it was about a man who travels to some Utopian society in South America. Turns out that there's something odd going on -- he ends up being sacrificed to an Incan God at the top of a temple -- his heart torn from his chest. There were also some kind of large black dogs that rounded up the proposed victims. Can't remember anything else about it, but it's driving me nuts because I remembered it in bits just recently and I remember it was really scary! Please Help!!

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38171 comments Mod
Dominique, please provide plot details (no spoilers) and the genre of the book you’re looking for in the Topic header, not something vague like "Help! can't remember this book". Someone is more likely to recognize your book.

message 3: by Dominique (new)

Dominique Adam | 2 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Dominique, please provide plot details (no spoilers) and the genre of the book you’re looking for in the Topic header, not something vague like "Help! can't remember this book". Someone is more lik..."

That's the thing, Lobstergirl; I can't remember much of the plot. It was 40 years ago. I remember the ending, that giant black dogs came down to the village and carried away villagers selected for sacrifice. The narrator was among them. I don't want to give spoilers and really can't, seeing as how I can't remember the original plot. Google searches have been non-productive as well.

message 4: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 1874 comments Dominique wrote: "I can't remember much of the plot. "

Lobstergirl just meant that you should put a bit of what you do remember in your topic header, not just in the body of the post.

Imagine if everyones' topic header was something to the effect of "Please help me out!" The group would be impossible to navigate.

It's a given that 1. you're looking for a book and 2. that you can't remember the title and/or author and 3. that you need help; otherwise you wouldn't be posting here, right?

message 5: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
I added details to the header.

message 6: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16894 comments Was it a mass market paperback type of book?