What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Witch Hazel
This topic is about Witch Hazel
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's book - slowly among the stars. [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Candice (new)

Candice | 9 comments A friend is looking for a book she read to her children about 20 years ago. A quote from the book is "slowly among the stars he felt himself lifted, and carried, and laid at last in his own bed. Something rough, like burlap brushed his cheek and he smelled the spicy odor of witch hazel blossoms." The illustration is of a woman lying a young child on a bed covered with a quilt that has stars. Thank you!

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35167 comments Mod
Candice, I moved your request to the "Unsolved" folder because you're looking for a specific book.

Tips for posting a book request - https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 4: by Candice (new)

Candice | 9 comments Rosa, that sounds like it might be the one. I will check with my friend and post a definite answer when she replies.

message 5: by Candice (new)

Candice | 9 comments Yes, Witch Hazel by Alice Schertle is the book! My friend is so happy that it was found so quickly. Thank you so much, Rosa!

message 6: by Rosa (new) - added it

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5205 comments That’s wonderful! I’m so glad I could help. I searched with that phrase on archive.org.

message 7: by Candice (new)

Candice | 9 comments Rosa wrote: "That’s wonderful! I’m so glad I could help. I searched with that phrase on archive.org."
I hadn't heard of that but will keep it in mind for the future. Thank you.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Witch Hazel (other topics)