Young Adult Catholic Readers discussion

Ornamental Graces > Chapters 6-12

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diana (new)

Diana Ragsdale *dies after finishing Chapter 11*

Dan's a father???? Didn't see that coming. But do you think his ex is just lying to get back with him?

ALSO It makes me sad that Robert doesn't want to have anymore children. I mean, why not? The purpose of marriage is to have children and you're a Catholic so, what's the issue here? A Mother Teresa quote comes to mind. "How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers." In the end, I just hope he realizes what Elizabeth is saying is true that, "God will provide." <3

AND FINALLY Do you agree with what Emily said that, "Dan more needs a friend right now rather than a relationship?"

message 2: by Kelly Rose (new)

Kelly Rose | 60 comments Ahhhhhhhhh
description

I was not expecting that at all. Ever. Wow. I don't know, I'm kind of scared because he was a wild one in his younger years. I just know his life will be super awkward forever with Kristen back in the picture if it is his daughter. He'll probably sink back into depression and shrivel away. No, I can't stand by and watch that happen. Carolyn Astfalk wouldn't do that to us. Would she?

I thought the exact same thing! I don't understand couples that argue over how many children to have. Like, um, that's up to God. They just need to live their life with selfless love and trust in God. And besides, every time the story goes to the perspective of Elizabeth and Robert's home, my heart just swells up with love for those beautiful, fictional children. I'm with Dan, how can he not think it perfect and want more??

No! This is where I don't get Emily... When you're in a relationship with someone, you are their friend (or at least that's how it should be). If I were her I would have had the exact opposite reaction, like, let me help in any way I can you poor dear. 😂
description

sorry, I'm on a gif rampage #don't stop now

message 3: by Diana (new)

Diana Ragsdale Hopefully if the the kid is his, he gets full custody from that weird lady. You know what would be interesting? What if Dan gets attached to the kid and then finds out the child is not really his? Maybe it becomes his darkest moment before Emily lifts his spirits. Then they get married. The End.

description

Yeah exactly. ;)

It's funny because Dan has changed from his past and I ship them, but if it was me? I'd probably do the same. I mean, if someone was being wishy washy at me and had a past where they smoked pot, honestly, I probably would just want to be friends to help them, but nothing more. Just saying.

description