Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Available for fantasy, sci-fi and historical fiction (Up to 15K)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sydney (new)

Sydney Webster | 13 comments Hi,

I'm available as beta reader for fantasy, sci-fi and historical fiction. Up to 15 thousand words, ideally opening chapters.

Please message or comment with a blurb and a summary of the kind of feedback you are looking for and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards

Sydney Webster
www.sydneywebster.co.uk

message 2: by Margaret (new)

Margaret | 28 comments Hi Sydney,

I hope you can beta read the first 5 chapters of my YA Fantasy novel, Caged Kingdom. It is around 10k words. This is the blurb.

Thirteen years old Ayla is angry. She is angry at her uncle for selling her off for some cheap bucks, angry at being kept in a cage like some animal, angry at being treated like she was nothing. But she isn’t sure what to feel when she is shoved head first into the betrayal and magic and wonder that came along with the Morguis.

The Morguis are creatures with power and magic, and they are organising a Tournament to find the bride for their Prince. At first, she wants the power that could come with the opportunity but as time goes by, it is clear that she is nothing but a pawn for the greater scheme of things. Rebels are starting to attack. Demons are getting stronger, day and day.

Ixan is not a place for a human girl.

Caged Kingdom is the first book of a series, Birth of a Dark Queen.

Note - This is not a cliche ‘girl goes into a dangerous tournament and wins and the prince falls in love with her’ story nor does she join the rebels. I have used a lot of YA cliches and tropes and tried turned them around. This story has magic, betrayal, secrets, friendships, many twists and a bit of romance. It’s pretty fast paced and humorous in places and dark in other. If you are interested, please contact me.

Margaret.

message 3: by Sydney (new)

Sydney Webster | 13 comments Margaret,

Sounds interesting, I'd be happy to have a look at this in the new year.

I have a bit of a backlog so I might have to wait to later January to get to it.

Send the details to me at sydney.webster2@outlook.com

Regards

Syd

message 4: by Kat (new)

Kat Devitt (kat_devitt_author) | 101 comments Hello Sydney,

I'm looking for beta readers for a touching piece of historical fiction, which is approximately 4,000 words in length.

It's set in Victorian London and revolves around the theme of memories.

Please let me know if you are interested by contacting me at katdevittauthor@gmail.com.

Best,
Kat Devitt

message 5: by Sydney (new)

Sydney Webster | 13 comments Kat wrote: "Hello Sydney,

I'm looking for beta readers for a touching piece of historical fiction, which is approximately 4,000 words in length.

It's set in Victorian London and revolves around the theme o..."

Kat,

I'm happy to take a look but my earliest availability is February.

If this is ok with you, send your passage to me at sydneywebster2@outlook.com

Regards

Sydney