David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

General > 2019 Reading Goals

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 12932 comments Mod
What are your reading goals for 2019?

message 2: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Bruno | 771 comments I want to shoot for 70 since I’ve read 72 books towards my 2018 goal.

message 3: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Nice Catherine!

message 4: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

I think I'm just going to do 180 for my Goodreads goal again. I don't have a ton of goals, just some vague ideas of things I'd like to read. I will be tracking my reading pretty closely this year, I got a journal just for that purpose. I have a list of series I'd like to finish, as well as get caught up on all my book sub box reads. I'm also doing 2 yearly challenges: PopSugar and TBR & Beyond's Yearly Challenge (on Facebook).

message 5: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Oh and I'd like to read all my Advent books this year!

message 6: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Bruno | 771 comments Nice! I wish I could do 180 but teaching keeps me pretty busy.

message 7: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

I can imagine!

message 8: by Janie (new)

Janie (sj_ellis11) I'm going for:
*Read 36 books (I'm going to be in college for the whole year and I never read as much while in college)
*Finish 5 series
*Read 12 Owlcrate books
*Read 12 Netgalley books
*Complete 10 Popsugar prompts

message 9: by Ashley Marie (last edited Dec 16, 2018 08:36AM) (new)

Ashley Marie - Read 100 books
- At least 1 Shakespeare play
- Finish Les Miserables
- Catch up on the Others series
- Finish the Jackaby series
- Finish the Divine Cities trilogy
- Finish the Broken Earth trilogy
- Continue the Pendergast series
- Continue the Kinsey Millhone series
- Continue the Temeraire series (maybe finish it? who knows)

And I'm still trying to settle on a long-haul book for 2019, once Les Mis is finished.

message 10: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Sarah E. wrote: "I'm going for:
*Read 36 books (I'm going to be in college for the whole year and I never read as much while in college)
*Finish 5 series
*Read 12 Owlcrate books
*Read 12 Netgalley books
*Complete 1..."

College does take up a lot of time!

message 11: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Ashley *Hufflepuff Kitten* wrote: "- Read 100 books
- Finish Les Miserables
- Finish the Divine Cities trilogy
- Finish the Broken Earth trilo..."

Nice goals Ashley!

message 12: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie Jenny wrote: "Ashley *Hufflepuff Kitten* wrote: "- Read 100 books
- Finish Les Miserables
- Finish the Divine Cities tril..."

Thanks Jenny! I also need to make owned-books a priority. Again.

message 13: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 4464 comments Since I've got a lot of life stuff happening next year (starting the year with surgery in late January, for a start) and I also have movie watching and writing goals, I'm setting my 2019 reading goal to 104 books.

My other reading goal is to do both versions of the A-z challenge.

message 14: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 1526 comments My reading goal for 2019 on goodreads is going to be 132 books and I’m going to be reading the books that I got for Christmas

message 15: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 19, 2018 12:46PM) (new)

I will continue my goal from this year I wrote a list of authors I wanted to read this fall, only got a few, so want to read more from that list.
Authors I want to get to:
Mercedes Lackey
Graham greene
Nora roberts(have read a book by her want to read more)
Clive Cussler
Like Ashley I want to read Sheakespeare.
Rereading the princess diraies by Meg cabot, the whole series.
And generally reading from my tbr.
The number I think will be 219, since my last goal this year was 218 and I am two pluss that atm, so I think the punny number 219 will be good.

message 16: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 1526 comments Oda Renate how many books have you read this year?

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Christine wrote: "Oda Renate how many books have you read this year?"

220 so far. and we still got around 10 days left.

message 18: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 1526 comments That’s very good Oda Renate

message 19: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 4464 comments Oda Renate wrote: "I will continue my goal from this year I wrote a list of authors I wanted to read this fall, only got a few, so want to read more from that list.
Mercedes Lackey
Graham gr..."

I loved that you changed your goal to 218 this year, and think it's cool you're doing 219 next year.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Victoria wrote: "Oda Renate wrote: "I will continue my goal from this year I wrote a list of authors I wanted to read this fall, only got a few, so want to read more from that list.
Merced..."

hehe thanks a bkit cheesy maybe but I thought why not.'I actually have a gr friend who had 2018! Thats a WHOLE NOTHER game entirely.

message 21: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 4464 comments Oda Renate wrote: "Victoria wrote: "Oda Renate wrote: "I will continue my goal from this year I wrote a list of authors I wanted to read this fall, only got a few, so want to read more from that list.
Authors I want ..."

Why not indeed! ;)

message 22: by Leigh (new)

Leigh | 403 comments My reading goal is 150 books. I also would like to finish series I have started.

Rianna *Hermione* B (hermione617) | 10 comments Last year, my goal was 25. I reached it exactly. THis year, my goal was 25, but by August or Sept., I was already about to reach it. So I bumped it up to 30. Now I just finished 43. Next year, I'll probably aim for 40. Audio books are a beautiful thing. I get a fair amount read at work.

message 24: by Sophia (new)

Sophia (Bookwyrming Thoughts) (bookwyrmingthoughts) | 386 comments I surprisingly went past 50 books this year... but I might go for 100 next year since my internship has been keeping me reading at least 2 books at a time. (Gotta run my own blog while reviewing for another, lol.)

message 25: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 1526 comments I’m way ahead of you Rianna and Sophia and that’s wonderful Leigh

message 26: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 240 comments I've been doing 150, but I thought about upping it.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

I Finished My Reading Challenge :D

☆☆Hannah☆☆ I'm going for 365 books.

message 29: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 1526 comments CONGRATULATIONS GINNY!

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Christine wrote: "CONGRATULATIONS GINNY!"

Thanks!

message 31: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 1526 comments Your welcome Ginny

How many books are you going to read this year?

message 32: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ | 738 comments Hey guys! (Wow I haven't been on here in forever...I missed all of you.) Sadly I barely read anything in 2018 (had a lot of hectic stuff going on, including getting a new job and moving into a new house) plus mental health stuff etc. etc. but I'm really hoping to get back on track with reading in 2019 (and talking again with all you lovely people!). I set a goal of 40 books for the year, since I'm hoping to finish a book roughly every 1-2 weeks. I'd also like to branch out and try some new authors/genres although I don't have a lot of specific goals other than that. So yeah! :)

message 33: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 1526 comments Brigid how many books are you going to read read this year?

message 34: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ | 738 comments Christine wrote: "Brigid how many books are you going to read read this year?"

I'm hoping around 40! But honestly anything would be better than last year since I only managed to read a few things lol.

message 35: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 1526 comments Well that’s good and my reading goal for this year is 132

message 36: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ | 738 comments That's awesome, good luck!

message 37: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 1526 comments Yep and thanks and i’m reading all of my books that I got for Christmas