Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Courting Darkness [20 February 2019]

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new)

Angela | 3580 comments Mod
Buddy read 20th February.

message 2: by Andorion (new)

Andorion (ruineleint) In

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Alright, Tammie! I found our buddy read! It took me less time to find than normal which I’m proud of 😃

message 4: by Tammie (new)

Tammie | 4181 comments Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "Alright, Tammie! I found our buddy read! It took me less time to find than normal which I’m proud of 😃"

😃

message 6: by Sha (new)

Sha | 1522 comments in if i can find the book
Courting Darkness

message 7: by Tammie (new)

Tammie | 4181 comments I'm finishing up Lake Silence today so I'll probably get to this tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it!

message 8: by Cindy III (new)

Cindy III | 50 comments I wanted to read this one, but haven't read Grave Mercy or any of the other books. Hope it is a good read for you guys.

message 9: by Tammie (new)

Tammie | 4181 comments Cindy III wrote: "I wanted to read this one, but haven't read Grave Mercy or any of the other books. Hope it is a good read for you guys."

I hope it's good too!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Tammie wrote: "I'm finishing up Lake Silence today so I'll probably get to this tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it!"

Omg!!! I have a million going but I’m picking it up tomorrow with you 😃. Let me know.

I wanted to reread the first trilogy but never got around to it 🙄

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Cindy III wrote: "I wanted to read this one, but haven't read Grave Mercy or any of the other books. Hope it is a good read for you guys."

Thank you, Cindy. 😊. I heard you can read it without reading the other books. I didn’t get to reread them yet so I won’t remember a lot from them!

message 12: by Cindy III (new)

Cindy III | 50 comments If I read the previous trilogy then later in the year I will come back to this thread and read others discussion and add my thoughts maybe, or just echo someone else's.

I thought of reading it, but even with the description I felt like I was missing something. I decided to return my copy to the library, but I will likely check in to see what you guys think.

message 13: by Mars (new)

Mars | 6 comments Hi guys! I'm new. Does the date by the side of the book (like for this one it was 2/20) mean it is the start of the group read or the end?

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Cindy III wrote: "If I read the previous trilogy then later in the year I will come back to this thread and read others discussion and add my thoughts maybe, or just echo someone else's.

I thought of reading it, bu..."

Sounds like a plan 😊

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Mary wrote: "Hi guys! I'm new. Does the date by the side of the book (like for this one it was 2/20) mean it is the start of the group read or the end?"

It’s the start. But you can always come back when you can read it and someone will usually discuss with you 😊

message 16: by Mars (new)

Mars | 6 comments Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "Mary wrote: "Hi guys! I'm new. Does the date by the side of the book (like for this one it was 2/20) mean it is the start of the group read or the end?"

It’s the start. But you can always come bac..."

Thank you!!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments You’re welcome 😊

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Soooooo! That prologue. I was going to ask you Tammie but you didn’t reread either. 🤣😂

Here’s my question (view spoiler)

message 19: by Tammie (new)

Tammie | 4181 comments Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "Soooooo! That prologue. I was going to ask you Tammie but you didn’t reread either. 🤣😂

Here’s my question [spoilers removed]"

I don't think it happened in the last book, but I really can't remember.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Me either!! It’s all good 😊 How far are you?

message 21: by Tammie (new)

Tammie | 4181 comments So far this is starting a little slow for me, but I don't dislike it. It would help if I could remember what happened in the other books.

message 22: by Tammie (new)

Tammie | 4181 comments Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "Me either!! It’s all good 😊 How far are you?"

I'm in chapter 13.

message 23: by Tammie (new)

Tammie | 4181 comments I also think that coming off the other types of books I was reading to this one is making it feel slow. I was reading faster paced mysteries and then Lake Silence was pretty fast paced compared to this one too.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Tammie wrote: "Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "Me either!! It’s all good 😊 How far are you?"

I'm in chapter 13."

Omg!! I stopped at the prologue to paint! I will catch up later 😊

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Tammie wrote: "I also think that coming off the other types of books I was reading to this one is making it feel slow. I was reading faster paced mysteries and then Lake Silence was pretty fast paced compared to ..."

I hope I don’t find it slow 😫. I’m fighting a book slump but don’t have time so I’m pushing through my books!!

message 26: by Tammie (last edited Feb 21, 2019 04:31PM) (new)

Tammie | 4181 comments Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "TI hope I don’t find it slow 😫. I’m fighting a book slump but don’t have time so I’m pushing through my books!!"

It's probably just me. I just came out of a book slump that lasted all last year. I've really picked up the pace this month though. I'm reading a book every two or three days which is really good for me. Last year there were months that I only read four books.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Omg! I can’t even. Well, I’m home bound and you’re not so there is that. I read and watch movies and shows.

I just got another Netgalley book to come through and reading other books. Messsage me some other books on your radar other than the other 2 we are buddy reading. Duh, like I needed to tell you that 🙄😂🤣

message 28: by Tammie (new)

Tammie | 4181 comments Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "Omg! I can’t even. Well, I’m home bound and you’re not so there is that. I read and watch movies and shows.

I just got another Netgalley book to come through and reading other books. Messsage me ..."

Ok I sure will :)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments I’m on Chapter 4 and actually loving it! I hope I continue to love it!

(view spoiler)

message 30: by Tammie (new)

Tammie | 4181 comments This is picking up for me now. I'm starting to get into it more.
Up to chapter 19. (view spoiler)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments I don’t like her either. I’m just reading about them.

message 32: by Tammie (new)

Tammie | 4181 comments Up to chapter 28. (view spoiler)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments I haven’t read all day! I will try in a bit 😕

message 34: by Andorion (new)

Andorion (ruineleint) Starting today

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Awesome! 😊

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments At Chapter 17 (view spoiler)

I switched to Audible. I’m having trouble with real life and stuff

message 37: by Tammie (new)

Tammie | 4181 comments Unfortunately I'm having trouble with real life today too. I hope it gets better for you.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments I’m at chapter 27. I’m loving it!

I hope real life gets better for you too! 😕

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments (view spoiler)

message 40: by Tammie (last edited Feb 23, 2019 04:46PM) (new)

Tammie | 4181 comments Regarding the spoiler- I've been wondering that too. I wish I had been able to read today. Hopefully I will later tonight.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments I have stopped for the night. Going to watch some shows with my friend. I hope to get it read before tomorrow night before my next round of shows. I have another buddy read I’m trying to do on a big book in the group too. Plus other books! Arggggg and most are big books. I want to do some rereads to try to keep from slumping any farther 🙄

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Also, I’m in love with Beast. I don’t care if he’s ugly (or so they say) I feel the same as Sybella 😊

message 43: by Tammie (new)

Tammie | 4181 comments Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "Also, I’m in love with Beast. I don’t care if he’s ugly (or so they say) I feel the same as Sybella 😊"

Me too!

message 45: by Tammie (new)

Tammie | 4181 comments Chapter 39 (view spoiler)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Tammie wrote: "Chapter 39 [spoilers removed]"

Uggggg

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments I don’t like Genevieve as much as Sybella and Beast. I think Marrow leads Genevieve’s parts. At least to me. I wish there was more killing of bad people 😂🤣

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments I finished it!! That very ending!! (view spoiler)

message 49: by Tammie (new)

Tammie | 4181 comments Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "I don’t like Genevieve as much as Sybella and Beast. I think Marrow leads Genevieve’s parts. At least to me. I wish there was more killing of bad people 😂🤣"

I don't either. The best part about her chapters is the prisoner.

« previous 1