Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

East (East, #1)
This topic is about East
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > East [1st January 2019]

Comments Showing 1-50 of 141 (141 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new)

Angela | 3555 comments Mod
Buddy read starts 1st January.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Remind me Tammie! I’m a loonie toon! 😊

message 3: by Mayim (new) - added it

Mayim de Vries | 2918 comments I am tempted but if at all then I will be late for this.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments I’m late to everything 😫

message 5: by Mayim (new) - added it

Mayim de Vries | 2918 comments :D:D:D story of my life

Tammie | 4105 comments It's ok if you're late. I usually am too. I just happened to time this one right though so i should he starting tomorrow.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Let’s make it our New Year’s resolution. To start the book 😊

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments So.. when are we starting this?

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Okay, I’m only 4% in and I’m liking it so far. Fingers crossed. It took me a minute with all of the POV’s but I’m kinda liking it that way now!

message 12: by Tammie (last edited Jan 02, 2019 10:03AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tammie | 4105 comments Page 31 chapter 9 (view spoiler)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments If I like this I’m getting the paperbacks of both books. Well, the second one isn’t in paperback yet!!

Okay, I read your spoiler. You’re further along than me. I agree with your spoiler even though I’m not there yet! (view spoiler)

Tammie | 4105 comments Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "If I like this I’m getting the paperbacks of both books. Well, the second one isn’t in paperback yet!!

Okay, I read your spoiler. You’re further along than me. I agree with your spoiler even thou..."

I'm liking it so far. I like that the chapters are short. So far it's an easy read, but also interesting. I think I'm really going to love Rose!

I'm reading it in paper back. I had bought it used a long time ago. I'm glad we are doing this buddy read or it would still be sitting on my self!

message 15: by Tammie (last edited Jan 02, 2019 10:04AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tammie | 4105 comments It does kind of bother me that there are no numbers on the chapters. I had to go back and count them to see which chapter I was in.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Uggg, that’s stupid! They need numbers. I’m just using percentage on kindle. Don’t know how to find the page numbers if there are any 🙄

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments I’m at 28%. It’s getting even better. (view spoiler)

Tammie | 4105 comments I haven't made any more progress yet. I'll be a lot slower at reading than you because I'm still visiting with family this week.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Omg! I just finished it! I have freaking google eye!! Get in here Tammie so we can discuss it. I bought the kindle back when it was $1.99 in October. Now I want the paperback but the paperback of the second book isn’t out until October of this year. Ugh! I wonder if my tiny library has it 🤔

Tammie | 4105 comments Haha ok I'll try to get as much read as I can tonight. It's hard to find reading time while visiting family.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Our family never visits 😕. I’m glad yours does!! 😃

The second book doesn’t come out in paperback until October! I have the first one on Kindle from when it was $1.99 but I want the fat paperback. Lol.

I’m always afraid of books that come out later because I’m afraid the cancer will be back 🥺

My library doesn’t have either book!! 🙄

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "Omg! I just finished it! I have freaking google eye!! Get in here Tammie so we can discuss it. I bought the kindle back when it was $1.99 in October. Now I want the paperback but the paperback of t..."

is it that good lovely? I don't own this one. Just borrowed it from a friend. But if it's great I'll also buy the paperback.

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments I'm starting it today as I've also had some friends over for the holidays and am just wrapping up my challenges.

Would the two of you give me a hand with my BINGO and choose a title from my list for me to read please?

I've made my challenge interactive, stealing Anni's idea and I still need picks to complete my BINGO.

If you have a minute and you don't mind, here are the links:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

and
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments started this morning. am around 20% and it is quite engrossing. GR shelves says that it is a retelling, any idea which is the original story?

(view spoiler)

Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (iniya_n) | 385 comments I'm starting this today..!

message 26: by Mayim (new) - added it

Mayim de Vries | 2918 comments You are all reading machines. I am sad to miss the discussions but the earliest I can start is the second half of the month. :(

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments I have never read this fairytale before so I can’t even say if it’s a good retelling. I just know it’s good 😊

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Laura wrote: "I'm starting it today as I've also had some friends over for the holidays and am just wrapping up my challenges.

Would the two of you give me a hand with my BINGO and choose a title from my list f..."

I would pick THE WOODCUTTER off the first link.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Laura wrote: "I'm starting it today as I've also had some friends over for the holidays and am just wrapping up my challenges.

Would the two of you give me a hand with my BINGO and choose a title from my list f..."

And CRY WOLF off the second list link 😊

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "Laura wrote: "I'm starting it today as I've also had some friends over for the holidays and am just wrapping up my challenges.

Would the two of you give me a hand with my BINGO and choose a title ..."

Yess! And now my BINGO is complete!! Thank you! :))

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "Laura wrote: "I'm starting it today as I've also had some friends over for the holidays and am just wrapping up my challenges.

I would pick THE WOODCUTTER off the first link. >

Thank you sweety. May I ask you to choose one more title from there? I need 2 from you. :)

And I'd also like to ask you recommend me one of your all time favourite standalones. I'm going to put it in my challenge too.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Laura wrote: "Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "Laura wrote: "I'm starting it today as I've also had some friends over for the holidays and am just wrapping up my challenges.

Would the two of you give me a han..."

You’re welcome!! It was fun picking 😊

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Laura wrote: "Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "Laura wrote: "I'm starting it today as I've also had some friends over for the holidays and am just wrapping up my challenges.

I would pick THE WOODCUTTER off th..."

Wait, did you ask for my all time favorite stand alones? It was all in italic and I didn’t know!! God, after all these years and I still get confused on GR 🤣😂

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Did I pick enough off the links?

Tammie | 4105 comments Em Lost In Books wrote: "started this morning. am around 20% and it is quite engrossing. GR shelves says that it is a retelling, any idea which is the original story?

[spoilers removed]"

The original story is East of the Sun and West of the Moon.

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "Did I pick enough off the links?"

I need you to pick one more standalone from my list lovely, if that's ok with you.

And I also want you to tell me one of your all time favourites. :)

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "Laura wrote: "Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "Laura wrote: "I'm starting it today as I've also had some friends over for the holidays and am just wrapping up my challenges.

I would pick THE WOO..."

You're not the only one who got confused lovely. I think I made it all a bit confusing because others have asked the same thing too. :)

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments @Tammie and Iniya - I'd really love it if the two of you would also take a pick on my standalone BINGO. Could you please? :)

Tammie | 4105 comments Laura wrote: "Would the two of you give me a hand with my BINGO and choose a title from my list f..."

The Hobbs Bargain by Patricia Briggs and Songs of the Earth by Elspeth Cooper

Tammie | 4105 comments On page 131 now. I'm loving the way this story unfolds slowly and I like the multiple points of view.

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments Thank you Tammie. :)
Could you also pick one more standalone please and also tell me one of your all time favourite standalones?

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments I'm just 10 percent in and I too like the multiple POVs.

That superstition with (view spoiler)

Tammie | 4105 comments Laura wrote: "Thank you Tammie. :)
Could you also pick one more standalone please and also tell me one of your all time favourite standalones?"

Running Barefoot by Amy Harmon

One of my all time favorite standalones is Heart's Blood

Tammie | 4105 comments Laura wrote: "I'm just 10 percent in and I too like the multiple POVs.

That superstition with [spoilers removed]"

Yes it is weird!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments I can’t think of my all time favorite! I would have to really think but I think Tammie got it for you

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Tammie wrote: "On page 131 now. I'm loving the way this story unfolds slowly and I like the multiple points of view."

I love the multiple pov’s!

Tammie | 4105 comments Page 156 (view spoiler)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments Tammie wrote: "Page 156 [spoilers removed]"

in ordinary circumstances no one in their right mind would do what Rose did. (view spoiler)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments Finished and I think it is retelling of beauty and the beast...

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "I can’t think of my all time favorite! I would have to really think but I think Tammie got it for you"

Lots of good reviews for it and if the two of you liked it, I'm sure I will too. :) Thanks lovely!

« previous 1 3