Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

The Skull Throne (Demon Cycle, #4)
This topic is about The Skull Throne
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > The Skull Throne [Feb 15, 2020]

Comments Showing 1-50 of 68 (68 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

Margret | 3170 comments Mod

message 2: by Rob (new) - added it

Rob (nefariasbredd) | 1814 comments Starting two days early :)

message 3: by Rob (new) - added it

Rob (nefariasbredd) | 1814 comments (view spoiler)

Shannon | 101 comments Just started. I'm only at the beginning of chapter two.

(view spoiler)

Anni | 5020 comments I'll start tomorrow :)

message 6: by Rob (new) - added it

Rob (nefariasbredd) | 1814 comments Sir Anni wrote: "I'll start tomorrow :)"

yay!

Shannon | 101 comments Awesome! :)

Anni | 5020 comments Have you guys read Messenger’s Legacy? It's listed as 3.5 and I saw reviews that it helps understanding events in book 4, so maybe we should squeeze it in?

Shannon | 101 comments No, I haven't read that one yet, Sir Anni. I've been wondering about those extra short stories he wrote and when the best time to read them is. It looks like most people recommend you read that book before The Skull Throne.

I might not be able to get my hands on a copy for a few weeks, but if you and Rob want to read it now, I have no problem with that at all!

message 10: by Anni (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anni | 5020 comments Naaah, all for one, one for all :D If you want to read it, I don't mind waiting. We could be truly rebellious and read it between book 4 and 5

Shannon | 101 comments Thanks, Sir Anni! :)

I did manage to get my hands on a copy! Do you and Rob want to take a short pause and read it? I think it might help us appreciate this story a bit more, and I think it's pretty short. But if you and Rob would rather wait, we can read it after and fill in the blanks that way. I'd be fine with either. :)

message 12: by Anni (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anni | 5020 comments Me too, I guess it's Rob's turn to decide then.

I haven't made much progress on book 4 so far, I only 2 chapters in and (view spoiler)

Shannon | 101 comments I'm not that far either. I just started chapter five. I'm liking it so far!

(view spoiler)

message 14: by Rob (last edited Feb 20, 2020 07:03AM) (new) - added it

Rob (nefariasbredd) | 1814 comments I'm to chapter Chapter 6 myself. .So far so good. I think I'll go back and read 3.5 after this book (yes, so rebellious! ) rather than stop now.

Shannon | 101 comments Okay, rebellious it is! I'll probably read it after as well.

Just starting chapter 8.

(view spoiler)

message 16: by Anni (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anni | 5020 comments Shannon wrote: "I'm not that far either. I just started chapter five. I'm liking it so far!

[spoilers removed]"

Indeed! I can't believe she stayed so calm...

message 17: by Anni (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anni | 5020 comments I finished chapter 10 and I'm really curious, how the author plan to end this book. I asume, by the title of book 5, that the final fight will happen there, so I'm really curious what will happen here. I do hope that we'll learn more of the corelings and their "society"!

(view spoiler)

message 18: by Rob (new) - added it

Rob (nefariasbredd) | 1814 comments I'm into Chapter 15 and just shy of about half-way.

I think my favorite character to read about right now is Roger and his family. (view spoiler)

Arlen/Jardir(view spoiler)

(view spoiler)

Shannon | 101 comments I'm curious about that too, Sir. Anni. I hope we get to see a lot more with the corelings and what it's like for them down below! They seem very insect-like, but also super intelligent. They're pretty interesting!

I'm curious about your spoilers, Rob! Hopefully I'll catch up to where you are soon.

I'm almost done with chapter 12. (view spoiler)

message 20: by Soo (new) - rated it 3 stars

Soo (silverlyn) | 4576 comments Ooo! I didn't realize this was one of the BR's. Jumping in & starting today-ish. =)

Shannon | 101 comments Awesome, Soo! :)

Shannon | 101 comments Rob wrote: "I'm into Chapter 15 and just shy of about half-way.

I think my favorite character to read about right now is Roger and his family. [spoilers removed]

Arlen/Jardir[spoilers removed]

[spoilers rem..."

I agree, Rob. (view spoiler)

Just starting chapter 18 (view spoiler)

message 23: by Anni (last edited Mar 03, 2020 07:17AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anni | 5020 comments Rob wrote: "I'm into Chapter 15 and just shy of about half-way.

I think my favorite character to read about right now is Roger and his family. [spoilers removed]

Arlen/Jardir[spoilers removed]

[spoilers rem..."

Agreed! I do like the book and I'm still curious how it will end, but it isn't a series I would recommend someone or even re-read. I really wish I would like it more than I do...

Rojer (view spoiler)

message 24: by Anni (last edited Mar 03, 2020 07:37AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anni | 5020 comments Shannon wrote: "
Just starting chapter 18 [spoilers removed]"

So true, he was really growing on me (view spoiler)

I'm around 76% (Chapter 23) now (view spoiler)

Shannon | 101 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Shannon wrote: "
Just starting chapter 18 [spoilers removed]"

So true, he was really growing on me [spoilers removed]

I'm around 76% (Chapter 23) now [spoilers removed]"

Yes, Sir Anni! (view spoiler)

I'm right behind you on chapter 22. :)

message 26: by Rob (last edited Mar 05, 2020 06:16AM) (new) - added it

Rob (nefariasbredd) | 1814 comments I finished last night.....wondering if we should let everyone else catch up before we dive into the Core?

(view spoiler)

Shannon | 101 comments Rob wrote: "I finished last night.....wondering if we should let everyone else catch up before we dive into the Core?

[spoilers removed]"

I'm fine with waiting for the others to catch up. I have plenty to read to keep me busy, and I also want to read that novella about Briar. I'm fine with whatever you and Sir Anni want to do! :)

message 28: by Rob (new) - added it

Rob (nefariasbredd) | 1814 comments I certainly have plenty to read and can wait a bit as much as I want to dive in.

message 29: by Anni (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anni | 5020 comments I finished as well and I wouldn't mind a break at all. Firstly because I have too many books I want to read right now and secondly because I became a little bored by the story and the way it was told...

Last quater of the book (view spoiler)

message 30: by Rob (new) - added it

Rob (nefariasbredd) | 1814 comments Sir Anni wrote: "I finished as well and I wouldn't mind a break at all. Firstly because I have too many books I want to read right now and secondly because I became a little bored by the story and the way it was to..."

I don't think they're that great really. Just interesting enough to get closure and in retrospect as you put it (view spoiler)

message 31: by Anni (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anni | 5020 comments Yeah, I think that's my problem as well (view spoiler)

message 32: by Rob (new) - added it

Rob (nefariasbredd) | 1814 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Yeah, I think that's my problem as well [spoilers removed]"

Yes, no matter what you do, the world continues to spin, so you may as well make sure you're having fun.

Shannon | 101 comments I think I'm liking this series a lot more than you guys. :)

I just started chapter 27. (view spoiler)

message 34: by Anni (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anni | 5020 comments Shannon wrote: "I think I'm liking this series a lot more than you guys. :)

I just started chapter 27. "

And that's great, don't let me ruin your enjoyment 😅

I'm curious as well, I think his backstory could be really interesting!

Shannon | 101 comments I think it's great we all have different opinions about it, Sir Anni. It makes for more interesting conversation about it! :)

I'm just starting chapter 31 and should be finished tomorrow. (view spoiler)

Shannon | 101 comments Finally finished! :)

(view spoiler)

message 37: by Siobhan (last edited May 04, 2020 03:43AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7655 comments I'm reading book #3.5, Messenger's Legacy - does anyone know where it falls chronologically? It said the year at the start but with it being audio I can't remember what year we were up to in the Daylight War.
(view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7655 comments Can I just say as well, the voices on the Graphic Audio are awful! I can't take it seriously at all! haha :')

message 39: by Anni (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anni | 5020 comments You think so? I thought it happens shortly before/parallel to book 4 and feature (view spoiler)

message 40: by Anni (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anni | 5020 comments I will start it tonight :)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7655 comments 55% - (view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7655 comments Sir Anni wrote: "You think so? I thought it happens shortly before/parallel to book 4 and feature [spoilers removed]"

It starts when (view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7655 comments 75% (view spoiler)

message 44: by Rob (new) - added it

Rob (nefariasbredd) | 1814 comments I haven't read the short story. Guess I'll give it a whirl before we eventually head to...the Core.

message 45: by Anni (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anni | 5020 comments I changed my mind and started it earlier and I'm glad I've got the normal audiobook. That doesn't sound good... Graphic Audios are always a complete win or complete fail for me, no middle ground 😅

Siobhan wrote: "55% -.."

(view spoiler)

message 46: by Anni (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anni | 5020 comments Siobhan wrote: "75% [spoilers removed]"

She really is such a strong character!

I already finished it and I enjoyed it even more than the full length novels :) More focus on the corelings and the resulting situation, less focus on the relationship and the characters sex life...

Shannon | 101 comments I'll get started today! Awesome! :)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7655 comments Sir Anni wrote: "I changed my mind and started it earlier and I'm glad I've got the normal audiobook. That doesn't sound good... Graphic Audios are always a complete win or complete fail for me, no middle ground 😅
..."

Aw me too! So happy for them :D

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7655 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Siobhan wrote: "75% [spoilers removed]"

She really is such a strong character!

I already finished it and I enjoyed it even more than the full length novels :) More focus on the corelings and the ..."

Glad you enjoyed it! That's a good point about the focus.

Shannon | 101 comments I found a collection of novellas on Scribd, so I've been listening to those. Just finished The Great Bazaar and Brayan's Gold. Now I'm about to start Messenger's Legacy! :)

« previous 1