Play Book Tag discussion

Footnotes 2017-2018 > Life's full of surprises ...

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5801 comments Well you learn something new each day.

I've been married to the man for 28 years, and we dated two years before marrying. Today's the first day I learned that he likes Country Music! How did I miss that?!

message 2: by Joanne (last edited Dec 15, 2018 10:23AM) (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7482 comments Book Concierge wrote: "Well you learn something new each day.

I've been married to the man for 28 years, and we dated two years before marrying. Today's the first day I learned that he likes Country Music! How did I mis..."

LOL-I know the feeling-there are times my husband will say or do something, (30 yrs Sept 2019)and I will look him like" What? since when?"

message 3: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 5771 comments That is great!

message 4: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments It’s great that you can still learn new things about each other.

message 5: by Book Concierge (last edited Dec 18, 2018 02:58PM) (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5801 comments Came about as he was channel surfing through the satellite TV in the cottage we're renting. We had found a nice "smooth jazz" station yesterday that we'd been listening to before we switched to CNN for the news. Of course, we forgot to write down the channel # for the jazz, so there he was happily clicking through various channels.

He'd land on a channel and listen for a few beats. I was busily typing away on the computer tablet. Then I realized that he hadn't changed the channel from the Country one. I looked up and asked him about it. He said, "I like country music." Like I should have known that. Be still my heart .... That's the music of my childhood, what I listened to with my Daddy every day in the truck on the way to school. LOVE Country music.

Love this man I'm married to, also. Wouldn't trade him for Willie Nelson (well ... maybe ... No, probably not...)

message 6: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tstan) | 1195 comments My husband would trade me for Allison Kraus. As long as she promises to sing to me sometimes, I may let her have him...

message 7: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8521 comments I love this story! Warms my heart!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

This made me really laugh. How great!!

message 9: by Karin (new)

Karin | 7004 comments Hmm, has he always liked it or is it fairly new? I have heard somewhere that sometimes people who haven't always liked country music grow to like it in the latter half of life (either over 40 or over 50, but I don't recall which decade).

Still, it's always fun to learn something new after more than a quarter of a century together!!!

message 10: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5801 comments Karin wrote: "Hmm, has he always liked it or is it fairly new? I have heard somewhere that sometimes people who haven't always liked country music grow to like it in the latter half of life (either over 40 or ov..."

I actually asked him that last night. He says he's always liked country music. Go figure.

message 11: by Meli (new)

Meli (melihooker) | 3245 comments Not to be morbid, but when I saw the subject header and the opening "I've been married to the man for 28 years" I thought this was going to be a heartbreaking story of, well, something else. Instead it is quite charming and heartwarming, thank you for sharing 😊

My husband is quite passionate about music and likes a lot of different stuff, so I don't anticipate being surprised on that front but I hope for similar surprises and revelations along the way.