The Makers book club discussion

2019 Maker's book club

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lea (new)

Lea (leahinthemoon) | 17 comments Mod
Hello and welcome!

Thank you so much for joining my little book club. I truly hope you will enjoy being part of this little community of fellow knitters and book lovers. I find that both of these activities can get really lonely sometimes and that is how I got the idea to set up this bookclub.

My plan so far is that every other month (starting in January), I will pick two books for us to read. Most probably one fiction and one non fiction so that hopefully everyone can find something they like or that might challenge them if they're in the mood for it. I already have some ideas mixing and matching a lot of different genre.

Then this place will be here for us to chat, share fave quotes or thoughts, and who knows particular books might inspire some knits even.

Welcome to this little community, feel free to introduce yourself, give feedback and simply be.

xx,
Lea

message 2: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Townley (Killertomes) (killtocraft) | 9 comments Hello Lea,

I’m Nessa (Vanessa) and so glad you’ve started a little book reading community! I’m so excited to be taking part with you all in the new year.

I’m not by any means a quick reader but I do enjoy mixing both knitting and reading as they’re both bring me much joy!

I’ve already bought more books this year than I can manage to read through so here’s to getting through more of my book pile and a few added club extras :)

Looking forward to seeing what the first book is xx

message 3: by Andi (new)

Andi (andigal01) | 1 comments Hello love!

Thank you for starting this book club and the invite. As always it is a treat to be in your company, whether it is knitting or reading.
Since I seem to have a difficult time choosing books, I look forward to seeing what you select!

Much love! xoxo Andi

message 4: by Lea (new)

Welcome Andi, so good seeing you here!
Hope you'll love my picks, pretty sure we have similar tastes (be it knitting or reading!) so fingers crossed!

message 5: by Lotta (new)

Lotta (lottielussekatt) Hello everyone!

Looking forward to a year full of books! Now that I’m back at work two days a week and can’t knit on the train (it’s way too crowded!) my reading time has gone up again!
It’s also hard finding time to actually go to my library’s knitting group with a toddler so this online version is highly appreciated!

Hugs from Australia!

message 6: by Imogen (new)

Imogen (imogennelson) | 2 comments What a great idea! I work in the book industry and so have to read a lot for work, but I love book clubs because they encourage me to pick up things that I might not otherwise have read. So looking forward to seeing what you select!

x Imogen

message 7: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Sears | 2 comments Hello, i am Jenny, and a knitter and avid reader. I look forward to reading this book and seeing what else is in store this year.

message 8: by Liloo (new)

Liloo Looli | 3 comments Hello :)

I'm Lysiane, 29, living in France.
I love knitting, sewing and I'm also a bookworm.

Thank you very much Léa, for creating this group !
Can't wait to read the first books !

A lot of love from Strasbourg !

message 9: by Paige (new)

Paige | 2 comments Hi!
My name is Paige and I'm from Montreal. This is actually my first book club, I joined because I've been doing a lot of knitting lately and not as much reading as I used to.

I'm going to read Uprooted, it just came today and I started. So far i like it!

Can't wait to keep reading :)

message 10: by Lea (new)

Liloo wrote: "Hello :)

I'm Lysiane, 29, living in France.
I love knitting, sewing and I'm also a bookworm.

Thank you very much Léa, for creating this group !
Can't wait to read the first books !

A lot of love..."

Thank you for joining, so glad you liked the idea <3

message 11: by Lea (new)

Paige wrote: "Hi!
My name is Paige and I'm from Montreal. This is actually my first book club, I joined because I've been doing a lot of knitting lately and not as much reading as I used to.

I'm going to read..."

I'm the same, I used to read A LOT until I started knitting, but I really want to include more books in my everyday life!

message 12: by Cricket (new)

Cricket Rawlins (cricketr) | 1 comments Hi I'm Cricket! Thanks for starting this book club!! I'm so excited to read Elizabeth Gilbert's book (not sure why it's taken me so long to read it actually, lol). I love to knit (socks are on my list for 2019 to learn), cross-stitch, and read but with getting back into the work force with a full-time job 2 1/2 years ago, it seems I have little time to do any of these things! Here's hoping I can balance out some time to enjoy them all this year!

message 13: by Terry (new)

Terry Lattuca complese | 2 comments Hi my name is Terry and I'm from Pennsylvania. Knitting and reading books are my favorite things to do. Thanks for starting this group!!

message 14: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (loobielou696) | 1 comments Hello I'm Lindsay (loobielou69) on Instagram. I'm a knitters who wants to get back to my books, I fell away from reading last year but I'm determined to smash my book goal. Anyway Hi from Scotland x