New Adult Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Author Q+A's > Monica Murphy Q&A

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kat J (new)

Kat J (katjphoenix) | 255 comments Mod
Monica Murphy

For One Week only, we have Monica Murphy who is the author of the popular series - One Week Girlfriend, Fair Game, Crave and many more.

What will your questions be for her?

message 2: by Donna (new)

Donna Fernandez | 2 comments Where Where do you get your ideas from that are in your awesome books?

message 3: by Loraine (new)

Loraine Oliver (LoraineOliver) | 3 comments Kat J wrote: "

For One Week only, we have Monica Murphy who is the author of the popular series - One Week Girlfriend, Fair Game, Crave and many more.

What will your questions b..."
Which is your favorite book?

message 4: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Mastro (Tipper85) | 34 comments Which of your couples is your favorite?

message 5: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Ortiz | 629 comments Who are your favorite authors?

message 6: by Katrina (new)

Katrina Dehart | 98 comments What's the hardest thing about being an author?

message 7: by Monica (new)

Monica Murphy (monicamurphyauthor) | 115 comments Donna wrote: "Where Where do you get your ideas from that are in your awesome books?"

Hi Donna! Ideas are everywhere - I get them from the news, from social media, from something I read in a magazine, a story someone told me...the ideas never stop flowing. I just don't have enough time to write them all down! :)

message 8: by Monica (new)

Monica Murphy (monicamurphyauthor) | 115 comments Loraine wrote: "Which is your favorite book?"

Hi Loraine - if you're asking which book I've written is my favorite, that's so difficult! Usually it's the one I'm currently working on. So in that case, Thinking About You, which comes out January 9th, is my favorite. I adored writing it, had so much fun with the couple!

message 9: by Monica (new)

Monica Murphy (monicamurphyauthor) | 115 comments Tiffany wrote: "Which of your couples is your favorite?"

Tiffany, this is tough, but ultimately I have to give props to Drew + Fable from One Week Girlfriend. That couple changed my career and my life and for that, I will be forever grateful to them.

message 10: by Monica (new)

Monica Murphy (monicamurphyauthor) | 115 comments Nicole wrote: "Who are your favorite authors?"

I know and love so many authors so it's hard to play favorites! One of my all time faves though, is Jill Shalvis. I've loved her contemporary romances for years, plus she's a really sweet person.

message 11: by Monica (new)

Monica Murphy (monicamurphyauthor) | 115 comments Katrina wrote: "What's the hardest thing about being an author?"

It's a dream job, and there aren't a lot of negatives when it comes to being an author, at least for me. I guess in the beginning it's learning how to discipline yourself and keep on a schedule. You have to figure out what works for you, not try and do something that works for someone else. It took me years to figure that out.

message 12: by Amy McNeece (new)

Amy McNeece | 37 comments Do you have a favorite couple in the Friends series? If so, who is it?

message 13: by Emily (new)

Emily Katherine (emkaybee24) | 103 comments Assuming you celebrate Christmas... what is your favorite Christmas (or holiday) movie?

message 14: by Monica (new)

Monica Murphy (monicamurphyauthor) | 115 comments Amy McNeece wrote: "Do you have a favorite couple in the Friends series? If so, who is it?"

Hi Amy! It's Amanda and Tuttle. He was supposed to be a walk on character to annoy the others. Amanda was only going to have a supporting role. Readers overall didn't respond to Livvy well, but the majority of them LOVED Tuttle and Amanda. So did I. ;)

message 15: by Monica (new)

Monica Murphy (monicamurphyauthor) | 115 comments Emily wrote: "Assuming you celebrate Christmas... what is your favorite Christmas (or holiday) movie?"

Hey Emily,

I love a lot of Christmas movies, but some all time favorites are Christmas Vacation and Elf. How about you? :)

message 16: by Maria (new)

Maria Dalmau (Ivythebookgeek) | 34 comments What lead you to decide to become an author? Was it something you always saw yourself doing?

message 17: by Monica (new)

Monica Murphy (monicamurphyauthor) | 115 comments Maria wrote: "What lead you to decide to become an author? Was it something you always saw yourself doing?"

Hi Maria,

I always loved books and reading. When I was a teen, I read a lot of romances and thought, "I'd love to write one someday." I'd try, but I only would write scenes, and then I got distracted by life. Years later, when I was a stay at home mom, I decided I wanted to give writing seriously a try. I was first published as Karen Erickson in 2006 (writing mostly contemporary romance) and self published One Week Girlfriend as Monica in 2013. The rest is history as they say... :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.