Beta Reader Group discussion

Critique Partners and Swaps > Critique Swap for YA Contemporary #OwnVoices

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Juli (new)

Juli | 20 comments Hi! I'm a college student, and I recently finished the first draft of a YA contemporary novel (around 55,000 words). I'd love to start a relationship with a critique partner (or partners) as I revise this book. I'm especially interested in feedback on pacing, story structure, and character development. I'd be more than happy to critique a work in YA contemporary or YA romance around 70,000 words or less in return.

If you'd be interested, I can send you the first three chapters and hopefully we'll go from there! Here's a quick summary of my novel: In the summer before the 2017 Charlottesville riots, a Ugandan American teen pushes against the crescendo of bigotry in her hometown while realizing the strength of her voice and heritage.

Thank you!

message 2: by Mia (new)

Mia | 4 comments Hi! Your novel sounds super interesting and I am also looking for critique partners! Currently I am working on a YA magical realism novel but my main genre is contemporary (and even the magical elements in this novel are light). I would love to swap first few chapters with you!

message 3: by Kacie (new)

Kacie Alisa | 3 comments Hey there! I currently just finished my first rough draft of a YA coming of age story. I'd love to exchange some first chapters with you!

message 4: by Evette (new)

Evette | 43 comments Hi, I'm working on an #OWN story as well. Right now we can swap the first ch. and then take it from there if you don't' mind :)

message 5: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra Retana | 17 comments I have a novel WIP about coming age/romance/loneliness amid the Russian Jewish Emigre community in the 1990s. Teen protagonist. Adult themes. I’d love a long term relationship also.