Christian Speculative Fiction discussion

36 views
Ruin a Book with One Letter

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lara (last edited Dec 15, 2018 09:24AM) (new)

Lara Lee | 500 comments Mod
I am stealing this from Facebook. Ruin a book title with one letter. Here are some examples:

Animal Fart

Of Lice and Men

The old Can and the Sea

Grime and Punishment


message 2: by Steve (new)

Steve Pillinger | 514 comments Mod
Love it! Just imagine if those books had first been published with those typoes in the titles. They might be totally unknown today!

And how about:
Jamlet
Gulliver's Gravels
Robinson Crudoe
As You Bike It

—and I'm sure quite a few more could be thunk up!


message 3: by Lara (new)

Lara Lee | 500 comments Mod
Awesome! I thought of a few more:

Bride and Prejudice
Lord of the Kings
Dense and Sensibility


message 4: by Steve (new)

Steve Pillinger | 514 comments Mod
Great!


message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Salisbury | 220 comments Mod
Drankenstein


message 6: by Steve (new)

Steve Pillinger | 514 comments Mod
Haha! Good one.


message 7: by Lara (new)

Lara Lee | 500 comments Mod
Lauren wrote: "Drankenstein"

Ha! This sounds like an Octoberfest gone wrong. Can I steal this for a short story title?


message 8: by C.S. (new)

C.S. Wachter | 328 comments You guys are making me laugh! Thanks!


message 9: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Salisbury | 220 comments Mod
Lara wrote: "Lauren wrote: "Drankenstein"

Ha! This sounds like an Octoberfest gone wrong. Can I steal this for a short story title?"


Sure. Be my guest. :-)


message 10: by Stoney (new)

Stoney deGeyter | 134 comments The Pelican Grief
Reads Player One
20000 Leagues Under the Pea
The Lion, The Witch and the WarDrone


message 11: by Steve (new)

Steve Pillinger | 514 comments Mod
Lol, those are really funny, Stoney! I especially like the last for sheer inappropriateness!


message 12: by Stoney (new)

Stoney deGeyter | 134 comments Steve wrote: "Lol, those are really funny, Stoney! I especially like the last for sheer inappropriateness!"

LOL. That was my favorite too!


message 13: by Lara (new)

Lara Lee | 500 comments Mod
Stoney wrote: "The Pelican Grief
Reads Player One
20000 Leagues Under the Pea
The Lion, The Witch and the WarDrone"


Awesome!


message 14: by Lara (new)

Lara Lee | 500 comments Mod
Lauren wrote: "Lara wrote: "Lauren wrote: "Drankenstein"

Ha! This sounds like an Octoberfest gone wrong. Can I steal this for a short story title?"

Sure. Be my guest. :-)"


Lauren, here is the short story I ended up with using your title:
https://laraswanderings.wordpress.com...


message 15: by C.E. (new)

C.E. (cestone) | 12 comments Lol The Pelican Grief! Drankenstein! These titles are great! :) Thanks for the laughs, everyone.


message 16: by C.E. (new)

C.E. (cestone) | 12 comments I didn't see this thread until now, but I thought of some:

The Voyage of the Lawn Treader
The Silver Hair
The Hound and the Fury
The Two Towels
A Slight in August
The Return of the Zing
Gone with the Wine
A Hose for Emily


message 17: by C.S. (new)

C.S. Wachter | 328 comments C.E. wrote: "I didn't see this thread until now, but I thought of some:

The Voyage of the Lawn Treader
The Silver Hair
The Hound and the Fury
The Two Towels
A Slight in August
The Return of the Zing
Gone with ..."


These are great! You made me laugh!


message 18: by C.S. (new)

C.S. Wachter | 328 comments Lara wrote: "Awesome! I thought of a few more:

Bride and Prejudice
Lord of the Kings
Dense and Sensibility"


Isn't Bride and Prejudice already a Bollywood movie?


message 19: by M.H. (new)

M.H. Elrich (mhelrichbooks) | 76 comments LOL these titles. Here are some I'm thinking of...

The Secret Carden
The Grapes of Wraps (I know, it's two letters, but it's funny!)
The Sale of Two Cities


message 20: by C.E. (new)

C.E. (cestone) | 12 comments C.S. wrote: "C.E. wrote: "I didn't see this thread until now, but I thought of some:

The Voyage of the Lawn Treader
The Silver Hair
The Hound and the Fury
The Two Towels
A Slight in August
The Return of the Zi..."


Thank you, C.S.! :)


message 21: by Gordon (new)

Gordon | 17 comments The Hugger Games
The Once and Future Kong
Harry Potter and the Deathly Shallows (if you'll allow insertion)
The Neverending Stork


message 22: by Lara (new)

Lara Lee | 500 comments Mod
C.S. wrote: "Lara wrote: "Awesome! I thought of a few more:

Bride and Prejudice
Lord of the Kings
Dense and Sensibility"

Isn't Bride and Prejudice already a Bollywood movie?"


I think you're right! I might have even seen that one now that I think about it.


message 23: by Lara (new)

Lara Lee | 500 comments Mod
C.E. wrote: "I didn't see this thread until now, but I thought of some:

The Voyage of the Lawn Treader
The Silver Hair
The Hound and the Fury
The Two Towels
A Slight in August
The Return of the Zing
Gone with ..."


Love these!


message 24: by Lara (new)

Lara Lee | 500 comments Mod
M.H. wrote: "LOL these titles. Here are some I'm thinking of...

The Secret Carden
The Grapes of Wraps (I know, it's two letters, but it's funny!)
The Sale of Two Cities"


I like "The Sale of Two Cities" the best. Gives me another short story idea.


message 25: by Lara (new)

Lara Lee | 500 comments Mod
Gordon wrote: "The Hugger Games
The Once and Future Kong
Harry Potter and the Deathly Shallows (if you'll allow insertion)
The Neverending Stork"


These are really good too!


back to top