Play Book Tag discussion

Your Best Year Ever: A 5-Step Plan for Achieving Your Most Important Goals
This topic is about Your Best Year Ever
Archive: Other Books > Your Best Year Ever by Michael Hyatt 4 Stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeremiah (last edited Dec 15, 2018 05:26AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jeremiah Cunningham | 677 comments Your Best Year Ever by Michael Hyatt
4 Stars

We all want to live a life that matters. We all want to reach our full potential. But too often we find ourselves overwhelmed by the day-to-day. Our big goals get pushed to the back burner--and then, more often than not, they get forgotten. New York Times bestselling author Michael Hyatt wants readers to know that it doesn't have to be this way. In fact, he thinks that this is the year readers can finally close the gap between reality and their dreams.

I am constantly amazed by the number of working professionals that I meet that have no experience or plan for setting goals each year. If they do set goals, the process is limited to what is mandated by their performance system at their job. And by goals, I don't mean New Year's resolutions or hopes and aspirations. I mean real, concrete, trackable goals.

For me, Michael Hyatt's work is not an introduction to goal setting nor a long sought resource because my goal setting has been ineffective, but rather a refinement of how I set my own goals and how I coach those around me to set their goals. I truly appreciate the approach Hyatt takes in this book. Goal setting, to a large degree, is a worn out concept in leadership writing and yet Hyatt has a way of making it fresh and new.

Hyatt advocates for goal setting to be an active part of our lives not only in a professional setting, but also in the relationships, financial, avocational, spiritual, and physical realms of our day to day lives. However, across the board he reinforces the fact that our goals have to both push us to achieve but also have to be focused and attainable so that we build momentum based on success.

The straightforward approach to goal setting that Hyatt teaches in this book makes planning for your next year a simple step-by-step process and one that everyone should be engaged in.

message 2: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7121 comments Nice review! I have been searching for a gift-book for my daughter and I think this might be the one! Thanks for helping me par down the list-

Jeremiah Cunningham | 677 comments Joanne wrote: "Nice review! I have been searching for a gift-book for my daughter and I think this might be the one! Thanks for helping me par down the list-"

Happy to help. I highly recommend his life score assessment, which is free online and any of the other course materials he provides.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Nice review. I love goals. I live by them. I should read this book.