Historical Mystery Lovers discussion

Peter Tremayne
This topic is about Peter Tremayne
Featured Authors > Featured Author January 2019 - Peter Tremayne

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 1681 comments Mod
Peter Tremayne is our featured author for January 2019.

Feel free to make book suggestions in this thread.

Come and tell us which book you picked and once you've read it let us know what you thought of it (is it a new to you author, would you read his work again, etc.)

message 2: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 1137 comments The first Sister Fidelma has been on my TBR for awhile so hope to read it next month ... and get back in the swing of the monthly authors.

message 3: by Alice (new)

Alice | 584 comments CAn't remember if I read book one or not. Just ordered book one and two.

message 4: by M.L. (new)

M.L. | 1 comments You'll like it.

message 5: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (bibliohound) | 248 comments I'm going to read Shroud for the Archbishop, second Sister Fidelma book. I enjoyed the first one so looking forward to it.

message 6: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 1137 comments I've finished Absolution by Murder and give it high marks for atmosphere and history but thought the characters were lifeless. As the series continues for thirty-ish books I must be in the minority, or the author improves. I doubt I will continue the series as I have too many in process already.

message 7: by Shomeret (new)

Shomeret | 147 comments Sandy wrote: "I've finished Absolution by Murder and give it high marks for atmosphere and history but thought the characters were lifeless. As the series continues for thirty-ish books I must be i..."

The series improves a bit. He starts having these mandatory characterization scenes to develop Fidelma usually at the end of the book. Let's just say that characterization is not his strength as a writer. He's actually a historian.

message 8: by Alice (new)

Alice | 584 comments Just starting Absolution by Murder. Love the time period and history behind storyline

message 9: by Alice (new)

Alice | 584 comments Alice wrote: "Just starting Absolution by Murder. Love the time period and history behind storyline"
Finished it great story, History is rich. I like Sisterm Fidelma a lot. I need to get more books in this series.

message 10: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (bibliohound) | 248 comments I've just finished Shroud for the Archbishop, book #2 in the series. I quite liked the mystery and enjoy the relationship between Fidelma and Eadulf. There is a lot of historical background - this mystery is set in Rome and we learn lots about the history of the Catholic Church in Rome, its churches, catacombs etc - but it's not always integrated well into the story, it feels a bit like a text book at times. Still, I would definitely read more of this series.