What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Medieval Romance: 7th son of the 7th son

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kata (new)

Kata Strong | 7 comments I read this book some time in the last 5 years. The 7th son of the 7th son didn't know he was a 7th son because of family issues he was too young to understand when they happened. I think that either he or one of his brothers was a bastard that skewed the count. I'm not sure. Medieval romance where his abilities as the 7th son were critical to her safety.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34466 comments Mod
Kata, can you tell us more about couple - skills/interests, rich/poor, how they met, love/hate at first sight, etc.? What challenges/dangers do they face?

message 3: by Kata (new)

Kata Strong | 7 comments Unfortunately I don't remember any details. I knew it was a long shot to find the story again. I remember liking it and wanted to read it again. Thanks for asking.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38282 comments Mod
Thirteenth Child involves the seventh son of a seventh son but it seems to be YA.

Old Magic involves a cursed seventh son, also YA.

Was there any curse or time travel in it?

message 5: by Kata (new)

Kata Strong | 7 comments There may have been time travel. I don't remember if there was a curse.

message 6: by Kata (new)

Kata Strong | 7 comments Also, definitely medieval. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look them up.

message 7: by Isis (new)

Isis | 8 comments Was it possibly the Septimus Heap series? Magyk

message 8: by Kata (new)

Kata Strong | 7 comments Definitely not Septimus Heap. Thanks for the book to look up.

message 9: by Summer (new)

Summer | 245 comments I don't know anything about this book, but legend has it that the seventh son of a seventh son will turn into a werewolf. That might be the supernatural powers he has?

message 10: by Kata (new)

Kata Strong | 7 comments Definitely not werewolf or any kind of shifter power. More likely it would have been some kind of 6th sense or seer power. It was subtle, like the Irish sense of the future, not blatant powers like telekinesis, shifting or throwing energy.

message 11: by Bethany (new)

Bethany (laynel) | 13 comments Was it Hart's Hope, by Orson Scott Card?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9...

message 12: by Kata (new)

Kata Strong | 7 comments Good suggestion, but it was a romance with a happy ending, not as dark as Orson Scott Card, though I like many of his books. Thanks for offering a suggestion. I'm beginning to think that I imagined reading the book and don't think I will ever find out what it was. That's the problem with reading an average of 5 books a week. It's difficult to remember enough details of a book read three years ago to find it again. I would like to re-read it, but not sure I will ever find it. I appreciate all the help I have been given.

message 13: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
Data ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 173 where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!

message 14: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16979 comments Still looking, Kata?