Indie Authors Monthly Magazine For Authors and Readers discussion

Ju Ephraime
This topic is about Ju Ephraime
Introduce yourself

Comments Showing 1-50 of 240 (240 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Ju (new)

Ju Ephraime (juephraime) | 1 comments Hi, I'm new to this group and wanted to introduce myself. I'm a multi-genre author and have written several books. Look forward to meeting Everyone. Hope you are all looking forward to the holidays, as I am. :)

message 2: by Carole (new)

Carole P. Roman | 1237 comments Mod
Nice to meet you JU. Welcome to the group.

message 3: by Judy (new)

Judy Martialay | 176 comments Ju wrote: "Hi, I'm new to this group and wanted to introduce myself. I'm a multi-genre author and have written several books. Look forward to meeting Everyone. Hope you are all looking forward to the holidays..."

Hi, Ju, welcome to the group!

message 4: by Dennis (new)

Dennis Meredith (dennismeredith) | 189 comments Following! Hope you get as much out of this group as I do. There are great ideas, tips and encouragement here. Welcome.

message 5: by Victoria (new)

Victoria (goodreadscomvictoria_landis) | 1 comments Hello - Just joined. I'm looking forward to seeing/reading all the wisdom being passed along! Thanks!

message 6: by D.J. (new)

D.J. Cooper | 246 comments Hi Victoria, welcome.

message 7: by Carole (new)

Welcome, Victoria

message 8: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 348 comments Hi, Victoria, and anyone I may previously have missed. Welcome to the group, I'm sure you'll find it a wonderful place filled with amazing and friendly people.

message 9: by Joseph (new)

Joseph Carrabis (josephcarrabis) | 34 comments Hello All,
Joseph Carrabis here. My first indie-pubbed novel, "The Augmented Man" is due out from #BlackRoseWriting 25 July 2019. I've already received amazing reviews from thriller authors. Any suggestions on marketing/publicity?
Thankee.

message 10: by Carole (new)

Congrats Joseph. Check through the threads. There are a lot of good ideas here. Also, you can ask a question. Most everyone has tried lots of different ways to promote.
I am in the minority, but I like to send the book to Kirkus, Foreward and Blue Ink reviews. They are expensive, but the exposure is great. You can send it to Publisher's Weekly and if you are lucky, they may pick it up for an indie review. If you are lucky enough to get a starred review, that will certainly help.
You can start by googling blogs in your genre or Facebook pages with reading groups that like your type of book and simply write and ask for a review.You must follow their guidelines. Good luck.

message 11: by Joseph (new)

Joseph Carrabis (josephcarrabis) | 34 comments Thanks. Appreciate it.

message 12: by Judy (new)

Judy Martialay | 176 comments Victoria wrote: "Hello - Just joined. I'm looking forward to seeing/reading all the wisdom being passed along! Thanks!"

Welcome, Victoria!

message 13: by Judy (new)

Judy Martialay | 176 comments Joseph wrote: "Hello All,
Joseph Carrabis here. My first indie-pubbed novel, "The Augmented Man" is due out from #BlackRoseWriting 25 July 2019. I've already received amazing reviews from thriller authors. Any su..."

Hello, Joseph, welcome!

message 14: by Joseph (new)

Joseph Carrabis (josephcarrabis) | 34 comments Judy wrote: "Joseph wrote: "Hello All,
Joseph Carrabis here. My first indie-pubbed novel, "The Augmented Man" is due out from #BlackRoseWriting 25 July 2019. I've already received amazing reviews from thriller ..."

Thankee, thankee, thankee.

message 15: by Robert (new)

Robert Kearns (robertekearns) Robert E. Kearns here. Debut author with Black Rose Writing.
My novel, Hy Brasil, Island of Eternity came out on Jan 3, 2019
Many thanks.

message 16: by Caroline (new)

Caroline Walken (carolinewalken) | 14 comments Hello everyone, I am an indie author with four books in publication. I also review books through out the month. I write romance/fiction and normally read crime novels. (What can I say, I am a Gemini!) Feel free to look me up and check out my reviews.

My last book, Behind the Fan is a finalist in the Wishing Shelf Indie Book Competition; wish me luck as we move forward in this competition!

message 17: by Ariella (new)

Ariella Talix (ariellatalix) This looks like an interesting group! My pen name is Ariella Talix, and I write contemporary romance. I have 2 books out now, and one more that will go live in April. I look forward to some excellent discussions here.

message 18: by Caroline (new)

Caroline Walken (carolinewalken) | 14 comments Nice to meet you!

message 19: by Carole (new)

Welcome!

message 20: by Judy (new)

Judy Martialay | 176 comments Ariella wrote: "This looks like an interesting group! My pen name is Ariella Talix, and I write contemporary romance. I have 2 books out now, and one more that will go live in April. I look forward to some excelle..."

Welcome, Ariella and Caroline!

message 21: by Mary (last edited Mar 19, 2019 07:11PM) (new)

Mary Walker | 1 comments Hi there –

My name is Mary Jane Walker. I'm an author of travel memoirs, all published in 2017 and 2018. I've got some upcoming free Kindle downloads from Thursday to Monday in successive weeks starting now, viz:

21-25 March: A Maverick Himalayan Way (new edition)
( https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M5VQPTJ ) It's possible to read as far as the end of the Introduction on "Look Inside," after which I get more into my travels!

28 March - 1 April: A Maverick Inuit Way and the Vikings

4 - 8 April: A Maverick Traveller Anthology

11 - 15 April: A Maverick Pilgrim Way

18 - 22 April: A Maverick USA Way

25 - 29 April: Una Viajera Disidente (A Maverick Traveller, Spanish translation)

Here's my blog too by the way: https://www.a-maverick.com/blog

Cheers, MJW

message 22: by D.R. (last edited Jun 02, 2019 04:10PM) (new)

D.R. Coghlan | 1 comments Hi I'm D. R. Coghlan (Donna). I recently released my first novel, an emotional page turner featuring European travel, emotional healing, spice and a significant f/f love story. I love reading (and writing) intelligent, mind expanding stories about sassy women, with some spicey love/romance and characters that learn and grow. I am currently writing a trilogy with similar themes. My fave recent read is Sarah Waters Tipping the Velvet.

message 23: by Carole (new)

Welcome to the thread, Donna and Sebastanio.

message 24: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 348 comments Welcome all the new people, I'm sure you'll find this place lovely and supportive.

message 25: by Destiny (new)

Destiny Jordan | 1 comments Hello Everyone!🙂
I am a newbie writer working on my first fantasy series to self publish. I look forward to growing and gaining much needed wisdom for being an indie author.

I look forward to working with everyone 😁

message 26: by Carole (new)

Welcome, Destiny

message 27: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Dodaro | 2 comments Hi Everyone! I just heard about this group and am excited to meet other Indie Authors! I have written a YA trilogy: The Tin Box Secret (2015); The Hope Chest (2016); and Reawakening (2017). And then recently published an Historical Fiction/Family Saga novel, The Porcelain Doll (2018). My stories have been a way for me to heal and have given me an avenue through which I can hope to help heal others. The first line in The Porcelain Doll is "It is one thing to live with grief, but it is quite another to live with guilt." Writing is a balm to my soul. I love my characters, but it is nice to have living people to talk to as well! Theresa Dodaro

message 28: by Carole (new)

Hi Theresa, it was nice meeting you today. Welcome to the group.

message 29: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Dodaro | 2 comments Thank you for telling me about it, Carole!

message 30: by Judy (new)

Judy Martialay | 176 comments Destiny wrote: "Hello Everyone!🙂
I am a newbie writer working on my first fantasy series to self publish. I look forward to growing and gaining much needed wisdom for being an indie author.

I look forward to work..."

welcome to the group, Destiny

message 31: by Joseph (new)

Joseph Carrabis (josephcarrabis) | 34 comments I wrote earlier that The Augmented Man would be out 25 July 2019 from Black Rose Writing. We're now taking preorders - http://www.josephcarrabis.com/2019/06...

message 32: by Dalma (new)

Dalma | 7 comments Hello.

I am Dalma. I am new to the group. I consider myself a new indie writer and poet, although I have been writing for decades. I have two self-published books out on Amazon which are Love: A Supernatural Journal of Twin Flames and My Everything: Book of Twin-Flame Love Poems.

It is my hope to further establish myself as an author and get my name out to readers.

Thanks,

Dalma

message 33: by Joseph (new)

Joseph Carrabis (josephcarrabis) | 34 comments Dalma wrote: "Hello.

I am Dalma. I am new to the group. I consider myself a new indie writer and poet, although I have been writing for decades. I have two self-published books out on Amazon which are Love: A ..."

You Go, Girl!

message 34: by Michael (new)

Michael Hesse | 2 comments Good Morning. I am Michael Hesse. I'm an indie writer (urban fantasy/alternate history). My first novel, Shadow Company, has just been published on Amazon and I'm trying to learn the ropes. Hoping to get my name out there and generate useful criticism.

message 35: by Richard (new)

Richard Steele (stupidmadeeasy) | 1 comments Hello hello!

Richard Steele here, debut humour novelist who loves to splice genres in a satirical manner.

Struggling with the mountain of marketing prior to launch!

Cheers!

message 36: by Carole (new)

Welcome, Richard.

message 37: by Catherine (new)

Catherine McCarthy | 10 comments Happy Friday all! I'm new to this group. Indie author of The Gatekeeper's Apprentice (Children - Fantasy/Magical Realism) and Hope Cottage (Adult - dark, family saga)
Like others here, promoting is the problem.

message 38: by Carole (new)

Hi Catherine. It seems we are all in the same boat.

message 39: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Garland | 4 comments It is amazing how many groups there are on Goodreads; blink and you've missed a new one starting! I must dozed off because I have only just found this one. Hello all. Who am I? How about this link by way of introduction Leslie W.P. Garland I am an author. My books can be found via the aforementioned link. They are a mix of magical realism, mixed with some philosophy and religion and should appeal to adult readers who like to think about what they are reading.
As this group is about reading and reviewing, I had better also mention that my books are occasionally available as a free download from Amazon. Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/LeslieWPGarland to be kept up to date, and I will try to remember to post info here.
Nice to be with you all.

message 40: by Carole (new)

Welcome to the group. Nice to meet yoy

message 41: by Catherine (new)

Catherine McCarthy | 10 comments Carole wrote: "Hi Catherine. It seems we are all in the same boat."

Hi Carole! I find that the more I read about self promotion the more I don't know where to begin! Perhaps it's an age thing!

message 42: by Catherine (new)

Catherine McCarthy | 10 comments Leslie wrote: "It is amazing how many groups there are on Goodreads; blink and you've missed a new one starting! I must dozed off because I have only just found this one. Hello all. Who am I? How about this link ..."

Hi Leslie! Interesting to read your introduction. Your written genre is similar to mine - at least the anthology of short stories I'm soon to publish. I'll have to take a look.

message 43: by Judy (new)

Judy Martialay | 176 comments Richard wrote: "Hello hello!

Richard Steele here, debut humour novelist who loves to splice genres in a satirical manner.

Struggling with the mountain of marketing prior to launch!

Cheers!"

welcome to the group, Richard

message 44: by Judy (new)

Judy Martialay | 176 comments Catherine wrote: "Happy Friday all! I'm new to this group. Indie author of The Gatekeeper's Apprentice (Children - Fantasy/Magical Realism) and Hope Cottage (Adult - dark, family saga)
Like others here, promoting i..."

welcome, Catherine

message 45: by Judy (new)

Judy Martialay | 176 comments Leslie wrote: "It is amazing how many groups there are on Goodreads; blink and you've missed a new one starting! I must dozed off because I have only just found this one. Hello all. Who am I? How about this link ..."

welcome, Leslie

message 46: by Judy (new)

Judy Martialay | 176 comments Michael wrote: "Good Morning. I am Michael Hesse. I'm an indie writer (urban fantasy/alternate history). My first novel, Shadow Company, has just been published on Amazon and I'm trying to learn the ropes. Hoping ..."

Welcome to the group, Michael

message 47: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Kneale | 5 comments Hello, I'm Heidi Wessman Kneale, a hybrid author. I write SF, Fantasy and Romance. I've got about eight books out with more on the way. I also have a part-time Day Job, am nearly done with my MSci degree and I narrate audiobooks. I don't watch TV; I don't have the time.

I'm always interested to hear about marketing from other authors, especially what's working for you.

When I've had enough of reality, I open a book.

message 48: by Catherine (new)

Catherine McCarthy | 10 comments Hi Heidi! We have lots in common - SF, Fantasy and no t.v.! I'm about to publish my third book which is a collection of ten, dark short stories with a portal theme linking them all. I've not queried agents/publishers as yet but intend to give it a try with this one. Like you, I find the marketing side of things so difficult.

message 49: by Carole (new)

Welcome, everyone!

message 50: by Judy (new)

Judy Martialay | 176 comments Heidi wrote: "Hello, I'm Heidi Wessman Kneale, a hybrid author. I write SF, Fantasy and Romance. I've got about eight books out with more on the way. I also have a part-time Day Job, am nearly done with my MSci ..."

Welcome, Heidi!

« previous 1 3 4 5