Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

Archive - Group Reads > Focus on Anne Perry schedule

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenny (last edited Jun 09, 2019 08:25PM) (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Hello, fellow Crime, Mystery, and Thriller readers!

This is our reading schedule for our Focus on Anne Perry

Charlotte & Thomas Pitt Series

16 December 2018 - 31 January 2019 - The Cater Street Hangman
01 February 2019 - 28 February 2019 - Callander Square
01 March 2019 - 31 March 2019 - Paragon Walk
01 April 2019 - 30 April 2019 - Resurrection Row
01 May 2019 - 31 May 2019 - Rutland Place

This series has finished. Thank you, everyone, who participate in the discussion.

William Monk Series

1 March 2019 - 31 March 2019 -- The Face of a Stranger
1 April 2019 - 30 April 2019 -- A Dangerous Mourning
1 May 2019 - 31 May 2019 -- Defend and Betray

****Focus on Anne Perry is closed. New Author will start in July.****

message 2: by Icewineanne, Moderator (new)

Icewineanne | 654 comments Mod
Read this way back in the 80s. Remember enjoying it but not much else 😉

message 3: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Icewineanne wrote: "Read this way back in the 80s. Remember enjoying it but not much else 😉"

I do not think this series will ever go out of date. Icewineanne are you going to read it again?

message 4: by Icewineanne, Moderator (new)

Icewineanne | 654 comments Mod
Yes, I think i’ll join you for this Jenny.
Believe it or not I still have the original paperback release of this book, but with so many of my books packed away in boxes, it would be a massive task to locate it, so I’ll just get a copy of the ebook from the library 😉

message 5: by Britney (new)

Britney (tarheels) | 108 comments I've been wanting to read this for awhile, so I'll join.

message 6: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Icewineanne wrote: "Yes, I think i’ll join you for this Jenny.
Believe it or not I still have the original paperback release of this book, but with so many of my books packed away in boxes, it would be a massive task..."

Original paperback release, Wow, Icewineanne.

message 7: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Britney and Icewineanne I hope you both enjoy reading books in this series!

message 8: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Callander Square (February) is on sale for 1.20 on kindle.

message 9: by Jenny (last edited Jan 21, 2019 07:53PM) (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Bonnie wrote: "Callander Square (February) is on sale for 1.20 on kindle."

Thanks, Bonnie!

˜”*°•.˜”*°• Sheri  •°*”˜.•°*”˜ | 1477 comments Mod
Jenny

I'm going to join the discussion for Callander Square. Looking forward to it.

message 11: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie I am going to - and since I found it cheap - may re-read The Cater Street Hangman first as I've read several but not in order before.

message 12: by Jenny (last edited Jan 23, 2019 11:41PM) (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Welcome, Bonnie and Sheri

message 13: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) I fell in love with the characters of this series by reading The Cater Street Hangman. I hope Sheri and Bonnie you enjoy this fantastic historical crime mystery series.

message 14: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Jenny wrote: "I fell in love with the characters of this series by reading The Cater Street Hangman. I hope Sheri and Bonnie you enjoy this fantastic historical crime mystery series."

thank you. I have read many, but like a lot of series I read from library booksales and used book stores they were not in order and I didn't keep a list of what I had read. I am enjoying a quick re-read of the Cater Street Hangman on kindle. I've been reading science fiction/fantasy this month or so and am enjoying the change.

message 15: by Patricia (new)

Patricia | -5 comments I read quite a few of her books years ago but mostly the Monk books. Any plans to read any of those?

message 16: by Jenny (last edited Feb 18, 2019 01:02AM) (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Patricia wrote: "I read quite a few of her books years ago but mostly the Monk books. Any plans to read any of those?"

Hi, Patricia thank you for your question. We can read books in the Monk series. Would you like to start from the beginning of the series or would you want to read your favourites?

message 17: by Jenny (last edited Feb 21, 2019 06:02PM) (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) From March 1st we will be discussing books in the William Monk series by Anne Perry.

message 18: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Sounds good. Another series I have read some off but not in order and often before I started documenting my reading here.

message 19: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Bonnie wrote: "Sounds good. Another series I have read some off but not in order and often before I started documenting my reading here."

I hope you will enjoy the books in this series, Bonnie.

message 20: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Interview with Anne Perry about the Monk series.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...

message 21: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) General interview with Anne Perry

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...

message 22: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) I will be closing Focus on Anne Perry Charlotte and Thomas Pitt series at the end of May. Focus on Anne Perry's William Monk series will continue after May.

message 23: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new)

Gem  | 1270 comments Mod
Jenny wrote: "I will be closing Focus on Anne Perry Charlotte and Thomas Pitt series at the end of May. Focus on Anne Perry's William Monk series will continue after May."

Oops, I messed that one up. I'll change the newsletter.

message 24: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) ⊱✿Gem✿⊰ wrote: "Jenny wrote: "I will be closing Focus on Anne Perry Charlotte and Thomas Pitt series at the end of May. Focus on Anne Perry's William Monk series will continue after May."

Oops, I messed that one ..."

Gem, you did not mess up this one - Anne Perry will end at the end of May unless members say otherwise.

message 25: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Does anyone want to continue with Anne Perry after May? Could you please PM or leave a comment here.