What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > fiction book or thriller with kidnapped children for immortality.

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 2 comments Hello I've tried google now I'll try here with some scenes from the book I read years ago.

So there's this girl who stabs herself because she doesn't feel anything and turns out a lot of children have that problem too. They don't cry etc.
Another scene is a woman dyes this girls hair and others around them and her notice that she looks like her. A part of her thinks that the girl looks like the baby she "lost" during child birth.
Another scene is they were looking through a photo album and they start to notice that this man and a few other people never aged and have looked the same throughout the years.
I guess the big discovery is that they find out that a group of people have been stealing babies to take something from them (maybe stem cells?) to make them immortal. And that was possibly the reason that the children lost their emotions.
I think in the end when they killed the man/people the girl started crying for the first time.

message 2: by Ayshe (last edited Dec 15, 2018 12:33PM) (new)

Ayshe | 4272 comments It couldn't have been short story? Your description reminded me of scifi.stackexchange.com question (there are spoilers there) where the answer is John Brunner's "The Vitanuls".

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 2 comments Ayshe wrote: "It couldn't have been short story? Your description reminded me of scifi.stackexchange.com question (there are spoilers there) where the answer is John Brunner's "The Vitanuls"."

No I specifically remember it happening in a small town. It wasn't global nor did it talk about reincarnation. Thank you for your reply though.

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

John Brunner (other topics)