Authors & Reviewers discussion

Welcome! [Getting Started] > Looking to Review LGBT Fiction

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lydia (last edited Dec 15, 2018 12:17AM) (new)

Lydia (httpwwwgoodreadscomducky) | 2 comments Hello!
In hopes of helping self-published/newer authors, my goal for 2019 is to review every book I read from now through next year.

What I can offer you: An honest/unbiased multi-paragraph review that is NEVER only negative. As you can see from my past reviews (a small number I hope to greatly increase this year), even if I dislike a book, I will discuss the positives along with the negatives. There have been very few books that I've read in which I couldn't find ANY positives to mention.
I typically finish books and their reviews within 7-10 days of starting, but it depends on length and how much I am enjoying the book.

I am open to genres, but my preferred ones are: Fiction, New adult, Adult, Romance, Paranormal/Occult, Horror, Comedy, (especially horror AND comedy together) Mystery, Suspense/Thriller, Sci-fi/Fantasy.
I do not read non-fiction.

My only stipulation: I am only reading and reviewing LGBT fiction currently. If your book does not have lgbt main characters, then I'd prefer if it didn't have romance

I can read ebooks (.epub) or physical books. If you are interested, PM me or leave a comment with your book information. :)

message 2: by David (new)

David King | 45 comments My first three novels were lesbian romance, the first being vampiric, the second being werewolf...ic. I would be happy to have you read and review either of those, if you are interested. Please have a look at my page and the relevant Amazon previews to see if you find them of interest.
Utsukushii Kuro The lesbian vampire romance
Licantropa Sogno The lesbian werewolf romance
David Gerald King The crazy guy writing this stuff

message 3: by Lydia (new)

Lydia (httpwwwgoodreadscomducky) | 2 comments David wrote: "My first three novels were lesbian romance, the first being vampiric, the second being werewolf...ic. I would be happy to have you read and review either of those, if you are interested..."

I'll check out the first few pages on amazon and let you know!

message 4: by David (new)

David King | 45 comments Thank you.

message 5: by Alexander (last edited Dec 28, 2018 07:22AM) (new)

Alexander Eberhart | 1 comments Hi Lydia!

I'm currently searching for ARC Readers for my upcoming Sophomore YA Novel, LOCK & WEST, coming January 8th. Here's the blurb:

Note To Self: Just Don’t Be Weird

Lock is awkward. He can’t make eye contact, counts when he’s nervous and has to remind himself several times a day how ‘normal’ teens behave. Homeschooled most of his life, he’s resigned himself to a friendless existence at his new Atlanta high school.

Until he meets West.

List Of Reasons Why My Life Is A Mess: How Much Time Do You Have?

West has everything. Looks. Talent. Money. And secrets… so many secrets. Beneath the surface of West’s perfect existence is a pain he’s buried so deep a million therapists couldn’t unearth it and he’s determined to keep it that way. He’s an actor. He can act normal.

But then there’s Lock.

Sometimes Two Wrongs Can Be Right

They don’t fit. Their lives are equal but opposite disasters and the universe just keeps throwing obstacles in their path. Every time they are together they find it harder to say goodbye, harder to keep their secrets, harder not to lean on each other. But for this relationship to have a fighting chance, the two must stop trying to re-write the past and start figuring out how to build a future… together.
---

Let me know if you think it's something you'd be interested in!

message 6: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Peters (andrewjpeters) | 1 comments Hi Lydia - If you're still looking for books to review this year, I'd love for you to take a look at my OTT gay rom-com that came out last August.

Here's the link: Irresistible

Thanks for your consideration. :)

message 7: by Joshua (new)

Joshua Valentine | 1 comments Hi Lydia! I'm author Lana Valentine, and I was wondering if you'd be interested in reviewing the 9 chapter-sample of my novel? It's an LGBT general fiction story intertwining elements of romance, mystery, and thriller, as well as dramatic, emotional elements. If you'd like to, please message me for my email, being as I haven't published any work yet.

Thank you,
Lana Valentine

message 8: by Julia (new)

Julia McBryant (juliamcbryant) | 1 comments Hi! I have two lesbian novellas I'd be interested in having reviewed. Both are currently in the editing stages, and I'd be interested in your opinion on a few topics. One is more erotica romance with BDSM (there is a narrative and character development, but it takes place through sex, and there is a happy ending); the other is more romance,about two best friends in college. LMK if you're interested in either one and I can get them to you soon.