What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Where the Stars Still Shine
This topic is about Where the Stars Still Shine
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Popular Young adult book, a girl has a troubled childhood and goes to live with her father’s family when she is in high school, the book cover has a young woman wearing a dress or skirt and twinkling lights are in the background. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by C.K. (new) - added it

C.K. | 17 comments I was just thinking of this book that came out several years ago and I can't remember the name of the book. I never read the book. It's bugging me that I can't remember the name.

The book is a popular fictional young adult book or possibly new adult. It was a popular book from several years ago. The book has to be at least 3 or 4 years or possibly a few more years.

I think the book cover had a young woman wearing a dress or skirt. I don't think the cover showed the head of the person. I think it just showed the skirt part of the dress. The person might have been twirling and there were twinkling lights in the background (I think).

I don't remember a lot of details about the book. I think this teenager girl was living with her mother or moved a lot. The girl had a terrible childhood. Somehow she ends up moving to this town to live with her Dad. I think it's her senior year of high school. The girl ends up hooking up with this guy that works on or owns a boat. I think the guy she is hooking up with is related to one of the girls relatives. Think the girls family might be Greek. The girl in the story became promiscuous because one of things that happened in her childhood.

Sorry the description is so vague. I just remembered the book and cover but can't think of the name.

message 3: by C.K. (new) - added it

C.K. | 17 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "Where the Stars Still Shine"

Thank you so much! This is the book that I was looking for but couldn't remember the name.

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16265 comments Glad to help out!

message 5: by C.K. (new) - added it

C.K. | 17 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "Glad to help out!"

Thanks again. I thought it had "shine" or something in the title.

message 6: by Xochitl (new)

Xochitl Nunez | 2 comments I know this is old but, I was soooooo excited to finally find this book! Ive been searching for about a year, and decided to go looking for it again. Thanks so much :)

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37809 comments Mod
Sometimes people do find their books by searching old solved threads.

message 8: by Xochitl (new)

Xochitl Nunez | 2 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Sometimes people do find their books by searching old solved threads."

yes I'm very lucky. I was close to giving up